Reviews for Alms for the Poor
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Nice take on the anonymous love letter from the show. And you fit Charlie's nonchalant attitude perfectly in this story. I also thought it was really cool how Megan got to be the hero in this story.
Kay8abc chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
I liked it. I can see that Amita might have been put in situations like that before.

Kalquessa chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Very cool, with the scary stalker girl. I like that of all the students crushing on Charlie, the one who cracks like this is the one whose behavior indicates she's also the most interested in actually learning from him (she was the one taking notes, wasn't she? And she even made sure to catch up her notes before getting up, not wanting to miss anything). Also liked Amita's cool head in the middle of scariness, it seems very her. And of course, Larry and Megan are love.
Kiki Cabou chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Very cool. I liked the minimalist bits of dialogue in-between. I couldn't tell who was talking at first, but I eventually figured it out. Nicely done. :)
TasteinMenandWomen chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Oh hell. Now that was...interesting. Amita handled that really well. And I am not surprised that they didn't tell Charlie. What the hell would they tell him?
SereneCalamity chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Not bad. I quite like it.
Once Upon A Twilight chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
AWH! that was so cute!

& so is charlie. ;] lololol - fabulous job!
Sushi Chi chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
Wow. I liked that story. Very well written.
literaryfreak chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
O, I liked this. I like how you keep switching to different scenes, almost. And Amita is perfectly in-character. Well done:)
Jelsemium chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
Excellent story! It's always nice to see a good Amita story.

I like how you handle the characters. Even the stalker comes across as being sympathetic. (The fact that she didn't have a real gun helps.)

I'm glad that Amita chose not to press charges,too.

Looking forward to more stories from you!
mari4212 chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
This is an amazing story, an interesting view on Charlie's math groupies and how blurred the line can become from admirer to stalker.

I love how you framed the story with Megan's conversations with Amita and Larry, it works so well. And Charlie so oblivious to what's happening in the human dynamics around him fits perfectly with his characterization in canon.

And I liked how you had Lynne holding Amita hostage with a water gun. It's a good twist on expectations, that while Lynne was becoming obsessed and going that far, she wasn't so lost as to actually try to harm Amita. It felt more realistic, and fit well within the storyline.
Me chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Oh, that's good. I was wondering about that letter...