Reviews for Le Cadavre Exquis
Her Fantasy chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
A wonderful story. I really got drawn into it.

I like the way you spent time in the beginning talking about the graceful gaits of the Death Eaters compared to the gait of Regulus. It emphasizes his sense of insecurity and shows that he doesn't quite belong with the others.

I really like this sentence: "He twisted closer, steadying himself, ready to look into the face of death for the first time, and finding, almost disappointedly, that death was apparently blind."

Great work!

Oh, one more thing - what does the title mean, and what language is it?
Random Minion chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
This is the first Regulus fic I've ever read. I think you might have turned me on to something here. The setting and the drama of the moment played out to your credit, fairly beliveable for such a grotesque experiance. My favorite bit was easily your dicription of the house "Ivy crept up the brick walls, as though it were trying to suffocate the house." I like, (intentionally?) foreshadowing the fate of the people inside.

Your word usage good for the most part, but you made the common mistake of describing the same thing on repeat. When you say "for he had always felt his gait to be too short and his stride to be truncated, resulting in his quick and uneasy footsteps." His gait and stride are both describing the same movement, one of them then becomes redundant. Although it's a common mistake, it's something that can really distract from the overall quality of the writing. For the most part though your descriptions conjours images with a good degree of skill. Your use of the moon as a sort of second conscience was nicely managed.

The only other thing I would suggest is to flesh out any other characters a bit more. You were onto something describing each though the way they walked. But they did come off just a tad one dimensional and Regulus' own conscientiousness was rather jarringly juxtaposed with the inhuman insensitivity of the other characters. I know you were trying to highlight his humanity, but its a matter of increasing the main character's sense of wrong doing without pushing the others down into compete villainy. (Rather like when you're in grade school and the teacher says you have to build your self up with out putting others down.) Maybe enlarging on Bella's motives or have them show some degree of discomfort which in turn leads Regulus to question further. (I don't know.)

You're definitely a skilled writer who shows much potential. Just remember to extend the some degree of humanity to all your characters and there will be no stopping you.

Hope I've done justice to the Reviewer Revolution.
Bossy-Ballsy chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
Wow, wow, wow- TRIPLE wow! I was kind of cruising around because I was having a craving for some good Regulus-fic. I was about to pic one at random from the page when I spotted your lovely penname, so you are the honoured first Regulus fic of my day!

The descriptions in this were awesome. Everything was dark and eerie and haunting. The storyline was SO original. This was truly wonderful and you deserve high praise...and a cookie!
Possum132 chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Effective account of a reluctant Death Eater. Regulus is miming to the song.
Lexie-H chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
wow. that's so profound, and traumatic and deep and stunningly composed! your prose is simply divine :-) i read this after PurpleArmadillo suggested it, and she was quite correct in suggesting i add it to my community. it's called the Reviews Lounge, and its purpose is to raise awareness of fabulous but strangely underreviewed fics of quality. so come check out our community if you have a chance, and keep writing such fantastic stories! xx - Lexie
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
I really liked this piece. Your descriptions were wonderful, as were your characterisations. I particularly liked the way you wrote Lucius - I can imagine him being disgusted by bad-quality wine while having no concern for the fact that he'd just participated in a grusome murder. I also liked your Regulus; you made his emotions and actions seem very realistic. As a whole you managed to create a very dark yet believable atmosphere. Extremely good work, keep it up.
hydraspit chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
I have no words to describe just how beautiful this story was. It was grotesque and lovely.

You've done a wonderful job here. The descriptions were perfect, your characterization of Regulus was wonderful, and the emotions conveyed in this peace were... exquisite.

Brilliant work. This one is going on my favorites.
PurpleArmadillo chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
This was really well done and the description was amazing. It takes a lot for me to fav a oneshot, but I definitely think this fic deserves it! Your style of writing is very good and you certainly now how to keep the reader interested.

-PurpleArmadillo
Ayana-llama chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
That was good! I liked it! I usually don't read stories like this, but truth be told, I found it intriguing.(sp?) I am also going to try to put up my new oneshot today, just to let you know! Once again, very good!
HeidiBug731 chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
You put a lot of detail into your writing.

Very good.
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Scary. Corpsy stuff. Very, very good though. All the characters are really well written, (all my favourite death eaters are here! xcept Barty. I have been neglecting poor Barty recently but will write something soon)

Anyway, the characters and the interactions between them are really good. As is the mood, and the atmosphere. Really dark, and it picks up a lot near the end (as the pace increases). Also, there is noway I would get away with not squeeing at length about wineglasses and moonlight symbolic stuff.

I do like your Lucius Malfoy. For some reason I could imagine him perfectly. This story paints the scene very well, its easy to image in my head.

''Her distinctive strut, one that Regulus had tried and failed to make his own'' And that, ladies and gentlemen, is Regulus Black. In one sentance!
APpLeBun chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Ahh you beast! You beat me..I was actually considering writing one on ol' Reggie a.k.a "annoying berk" :P, but after reading this, I realize that mine would not even come close to yours.

I feel that you captured Regulus's character very well and wrote him to a T. It surprised me that you were able to churn this thing out in what...a day? Not even. I would require several.