Reviews for Lucki
Kikimaster chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
I don't think you said 'said'. Don't worry, it won't bite you!
Illusion-Factory chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
OH! Lucki! ahaha...I get it now. Man am I slow.
nasty plot chapter 13 . 9/29/2009
That was epically incredible.
U2845671 chapter 13 . 6/12/2009
That was stunningly well done. There was always an undercurrent of something not being quite right, yet it was never out in the open enough to pinpoint what it was. I only really started noticing a major problem when Lucki completely ignored Silver's problems, and then began to emotionally abuse Flare, albeit in ignorance rather than through malice (not a defence, but perhaps slightly less despicable, although, when you think about it, is it worse to be a person that is so self centred so as to ignore the problems of others or to realise they're there but not care. But I digress).

This particular fandom has no much potential for the characters in the stories. The psychological issues raised by yanking a creature out of its world, essentially, and thrusting it into constant fighting, and the overcoming of them, could create such a rich story. Had Lucki been more sensitive and responsive to what her pokemon needed, and had this been serious, the overcoming of the problems she would have faced, as well as character interaction, could have created a cast of truly intriguing characters. I lament that I don't have the skill to do a story such as that justice.

Oh well. Mediocrity is the way of the world.
Loki the Wolf-Fox chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I know this is meant ti be a farce or something on commeon story traits...

But I can't read this chapter.

I'm sorry, cya.
Bay Alexison chapter 13 . 1/5/2009
Since I've been using this story as examples for quite some time and also remembering our discussions over sues and all (er...this is Bay/bay115 from Serebii/LJ, lol), guess I should have a quick review on this story. Gosh I'm lazy when comes to FFnet reviews...

I admit, at first I didn't read the story when it was posted in Serebii and instead just look at the updates and the reviews (done that with other fics) just to see how it's going. After the whole explanation though, I began reading it to see what you mean by the reviewers not catching Lucki being a sue and etc. After reading it though, I can see why.

Like a few other reviewers here (only read a few), one of the big things is her being lucky. That kinda make me wish I was lucky like her, lol. Another thing is of Lucki's treatment to her Pokemon. I admit, kinda surprise the Serebii reviewers didn't mention anything about how harsh she treated them and that she didn't pay attention to them (I would too if I reviewed the fic before you did the explanation of this story). Though not all stories have to be of trainers need to be all treating their Pokemon like kings and queens, guess the thing you're going for is if anyone can spot some illogical behavior going on.

One thing I want to point out is the ending. True, I get where you're coming from with that. You want to show how pretty much a Sue starts out a Sue and ends a Sue since the story revolves around her the whole time. Seriously, I thought you did well with Lucki's crying river to hit home that indeed she's a Sue. I felt though you rushed it a bit, as if you want to get to the finale quickly. I think you could have had the Pokemon leave one by one more slowly instead of all of a sudden in one chapter to give it more of a suspense effect and to have the readers guessing what is going on. That's just me, though.

I say, interesting how you did a parody by having Lucki not look like a Sue when indeed she is and able to fool a lot of us. Makes me think twice on how to create my characters (and I should thank you once again on our discussions with Sues and other fanfic stuff). Um...sorry if I misinterpret anything, kinda tired now after a long day, heh. That and probably I should go back and read the explanation again one day, lol.
SunLight chapter 13 . 12/2/2008
I found this story when searching on the Pokemon page (it's amazing how many stories are filtered out when you set the word count to 40,0) and I didn't know you wrote it when I first started reading it. So I read the first chapter, becoming completely befuddled because it HAD to be a parody, but it wasn't categorized as a parody.

But after reading your Serebii post and laughing over the joke you played on everyone (which probably would include me if I were browsing on Serebii...), I have to say, you did a good job of hiding her Sue-ness. I remained dead convinced through the whole story mainly because of one detail: her necklace.

In any case, I enjoyed the story and the reasoning behind the plot. Like almost everyone else, I am impressed by your characterization and use of the absol. Thanks for helping me vocalize my dissatisfaction with some well-written OT stories whose main characters nevertheless irked me.
wolfwhispers chapter 13 . 12/1/2008
woah, this is so sad and insane. It's very well written and simply moved me. I really wish to know more, though the world was most likely destroyed. I think Lucki lost her pokemon because she no longer saw them as friends or beings, but her tools, just simple things that could talk. At least that's what I think. Well, job well done, mate.
Doctor Professor Dai chapter 13 . 9/11/2008
Haha...I remember reading part of this fic on Serebii. It's a good story, though confusing in some respects, but that can easily be remedied. Again, good fic. _ Sorry if my review is rather crappy.
Kat chapter 13 . 8/16/2008
That Absol completely creeps me out...almost like it's not a Pokemon...
Flame Rising Is A Douche3 chapter 2 . 7/6/2008
Oh. My. God. Y do u describe them in the detail like "a fourteen year old girl with dark green hair braided tightly together with a silver ribbon threaded through it that sparkled in the light"? And who the hell has dark green hair?

And why r all there pkmn nicknamed?

y do u think shiny pkmn are weaker than others? THere exactly the same
Flame Rising is a Douche chapter 2 . 7/6/2008
"Hey, what Pokemon did you get?"

He released the Pokemon. "A Treecko."

"What's its name?"

"Umm... Treecko?"

Seriously, why do they nickname all their Pokemon? Delete this if you want just so long as you read it.
The Magic Pocket Turtle chapter 13 . 6/29/2008
Huh... Okay.

I was actually very confused throughout most of this story, because Lucki's charactor seemed very unlike you, even with the ending she received.

So, of course, I read your explaination, and it was like a great big "OH!" whent off in my mind.

So now I'm torn between saying it's good (Because in the end I think you made your point) or saying it sucks (because until about the last two or three chapters, it was kind of boring. I kept expecting all those people who borrowed her Flareon to run off with it.), so I'm just going to say it was interesting, and leave you to decide whether I'm saying this because I think it, or because I read the explaination.

I'm not sure either.
Captain Wolf chapter 13 . 5/13/2008
I had been seeing this story on your profile page for a while and I noted the title and the link to the explanation, so I was curious enough to take a look. I knew there was something interesting about it with the chapter titles, the title, and the whole explanation. I read the explanation before reviewing, though.

At first glance, I could've almost rolled my eyes at how much Lucki sounded like a Sue. The story started out with her brushing her beautiful, awesome hair. There was even a flawless description of her. Plus, she got to pick from a load of pokemon, whichever she wanted. Sure, everyone else did too, but it's bizarre all the same.

You're right in the explanation on . It IS incredibly hard to pinpoint one specific thing about Lucki that's just too perfect. She was just... lucky.

As a trainer she started out all right. At first she trained and complimented and such, however, after a while it became obvious she had no idea of her pokemon's personal needs. She didn't understand them at all. She didn't get it even when Silver had a breakdown. She didn't notice how hard she was being on Flare and how hard he was taking it. She didn't seem bothered that Saurious didn't want to be with her anymore. She paid no heed to Irin's warnings. She didn't comfort Raiden, a little kid, when he wanted his parents. As I said, at the beginning this wasn't apparent, but Lucki's complete lack of intuition showed greatly, especially in later chapters when she couldn't understand why pokemon were running away.

I DID notice that things were going freakishly fast, though. I lot of things happened every single day. I'd think it'd take a couple of months to get five badges.

In the first "unlucky" chapters, so to speak, I thought it was actually Irin causing all of the problems, but then I realized Lucki was just causing it herself.

The roles of Team Aqua and Team Magma didn't hit me until the Blue Orb came in. Some of her reactions seemed probable, if radical. It'd make sense that she'd hate Team Magma after they stole her pokemon, and respect Team Aqua for helping her, after all. But when the Aqua girl said something along the lines of "you don't know how much this means to us" I knew something was up. Then Lucki's anger and desire for revenge carried her the rest of the way.

Anyways, despite the unsettling theme, this was a cool idea for a parody. I had never even heard of a middling sue before.
Mileyangel chapter 13 . 7/25/2007
Great story, but I didn't get the end. Was absol doing all of this? Why did Lucki's pokemon run away? Why did Lucki hand Team Aqua the orb? Why am i asking so many questions?
78 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »