Reviews for Twists of Fate
TJHECTOR chapter 10 . 1/15
Oh man that was good. The best human AU I've read so far. I know it was published in 2007 (wow that's a long time ago and I didn't speak English then lol) and now it's 2015 and human AUs are not so uncommon now.

I love how this focused on Splinter's view. And I absolutely love your Raphael (in this case Rafael)! I've said that for times in my other comments. And I've read most of your fics. You just grasp the personality of Raph so well it's amazing (and I don't use that word often). How Raf helped his friends, it's just so, well, wicked and stylized lol. And when finally Raf revealed that thing about the doc, I started wondering whether he was lying to get attention, but I was wrong. Sorry. He's not that evil.

Well, the ending was great. Realistic, but still not without hope. I love it and absolutely prefer this type of ending over some unrealistically happy ones. No offense.

There're many things I like as well. Like Don, he's just so sweet and good natured in this.

Oh by the way, how you end the story with the tale of Splinter and the turtles. It kinda rouse up a nostalgia. I've forgotten about the turtle thing throughout the story...and then you brought me back to them and that felt just plain good.
I'm bad at adjectives. Just wanna let you know that your writing's awesome and professional.
Pace, suspense, character development.., it's one helluva ride and you didn't have to thank us for sitting through it, we should be thanking you lol.

Best regards,
-Hector
KabukiWuki chapter 10 . 12/11/2014
I just finished the last chapter and am still trying to calm down. It was amazing, I really don't know how to describe what I'm feeling right now but I want to say that I absolutely loved this story, and hope you'll make a sequel.
mikeysgirl228 chapter 10 . 11/28/2014
Sequal please
mikeysgirl228 chapter 6 . 11/28/2014
Awwwwwwwwwwwww raph I would adopt u in a heartbeat u and mikey just so cute
mikeysgirl228 chapter 4 . 11/28/2014
Mikey and raph fluff is the best
SleepingSeeker chapter 10 . 5/15/2014
BRAVO! You were very brave to take this ending where you did! Very courageous to look truth in the eye and expose it. I really admire authors who do not pull their punches. It is something I strive to do.

I can unfortunately speak from experience that you are absolutely right in your author note at the start of this chapter. There is no quick fix. Miracle cure. There is no going back to innocence. There is only one day at a time after going through stuff like this. There are days of back sliding and many long hours of black despair. There is fury and impotent rage. And guilt. All the poison that eats you up from the inside out.

But, as I always say in my stories and will always try my best to show...there will always be HOPE. That things will get better, that the pain will fade, maybe not entirely, but enough to smile again. To laugh. To find some peace.

Great job on this, my friend. I look forward to reading more of your stories and hope you get the chance to peek at my own.
xo
SleepingSeeker chapter 9 . 5/15/2014
Wow! So intense! This story is excellent! I was just cheering when Yoshi broke in on Raf's 'session'. Oh, it was awesome!

I found ya through Turtleficlibrary over on Tumblr and wanted to check out your story. I wrote an AU about the boys growing up in the hands of a monster while Yoshi coes to terms with his mutation and eventually realizes the little ones were alive and desperately in need of rescue in, What Makes a Father - I hope you get the chance to check it out :D I'd love to hear what you thought of it!
Eboni chapter 10 . 10/20/2013
I am now determined to find more Human Turtle fics. I have never even heard of this genre; thank you for introducing it to me by writing this excellent story. I love how each Turtle has his own issue and how their character develop and how this little family forms. Rafael breaks my heart and I love that Don is sticking by him.

I would love to see a sequel to see if therapy with someone who can trusted helps Rafael, and I want to see where you're going totake this story line.

Great job!
Ebs
Spiritual Stone chapter 10 . 9/25/2013
This was the most amazingest AU EVER!
Guardian Fox chapter 10 . 9/15/2013
Wow. That was really intense and I can safely say I was not expecting that to happen in this chapter. But I can totally see that it's completely realistic. (I definitely feel for raph's feelings og humiliation, his rape being resolved the way it was).

Has the sequel been written? I would really love to see a time-jump to the future of this universe. Especially with April and Casey.
Guardian Fox chapter 7 . 9/15/2013
I am loving this. And I'm so glad the events of this chapter came to light. I was really angry at the end of chapter 2 (or 3?) when Raph outright told Leo that the same thing as had happened to Mikey was happening to him, but Leo didn't even react to it. I'm really happy that slip was part of the story, and not a writing slip. So, great job!
Shadowcat2428 chapter 10 . 7/14/2013
This was a great idea and i am exicted about the next story, whats it called or have you not written it yet?
Vela513 chapter 10 . 10/28/2012
I found this to be an impressive, grittily real and hard truths feeling piece of AU.
Kitsune1818 chapter 9 . 3/26/2011
SORRY, I wrote my last review in a fit of inspiration, so I realized I had left it in Spanish ... I leave here again, but this time in the correct language. Sorry!

I like how you handle the interaction between Raph and Mikey, left intact the fact that, according to most of the profiles, Raph has always protected especially Mikey, but left side which is his best friend Leo (in spite of all fights and arguments).

I also like how you handle the fury of Raph, how to manipulate the original character so that it does not seem exaggerated or too light, just what is really necessary for the advancement of history.

I also enjoyed reading about Donny, the way you describe how you see the world as it is bad for being bored and make that the reason for his bad behavior. It was a good relationship that developed with Raph Donny, the way in which Raph helped him when they were in the orphanage.

You speak little interaction between Leo and the other, really. Mikey to live with him longer than others, developing a good fraternal relationship with him, others seem to just be there until we address the problem of Raph. And when the problem is solved, another comes, but now between siblings.

Sometimes children are cruel and understand the pre-tension that existed between Leo and Raph also understand how things went and I found it incredibly moving everything that happened.

You develop very well the issue of child abuse and the consequences that it leaves them, even the psychology of a parent who wants to help is very well captured. It is true that the system has its flaws and addressing a sensitive issue, certainly, this fiction can help make people aware of the problem of child abuse.

I greatly enjoyed reading this story. I laughed, I cried, I worried about the characters. That not many fics, stories or novels succeed, especially when it comes to fans. I read a lot, almost all kinds of things, from romances to massacres and this is one of those stories that has come over me, not only for its message, but by the depth that you give the time of narrating.

Now, addressing the theme of the story, are some errors in the Spanish language in the conjugation, is understandable given that the language is, in comparison with other, more complicated with all rules and handling times.

Do mention that Raphael grew up with Mexicans and they learned the language, but actually speaks like someone from Central America, handle words that are rarely used in Mexico, although they are words in Spanish. An acceptable errors whereas a language is not driving (I know). The same is not a fact that ruin or harm to the plot.

I hope to see more of you. I'll stop by your profile to see a little more.

Sorry again for the review leguaje mess.
Kitsune1818 chapter 10 . 3/26/2011
Me gusta como manejaste la interacción entre Raph y Mikey, dejaste intacto el hecho de que, según la mayoría de los perfiles, Raph siempre ha protegido especialmente a Mikey, aunque dejaste de lado el que Leo es su mejor amigo (muy a pesar de todas sus peleas y discusiones).

Me gusta también como manejas la furia de Raph, como manipulas el carácter original de forma que no parece exagerado o demasiado ligero, solo lo que de verdad es necesario para el avance de la historia.

También disfruté leyendo sobre Donny, la forma en la que describes la forma en la que ve el mundo, como es malo para él el estar aburrido y convertir eso en la razón de su mal comportamiento. Fue una buena relación la que Donny desarrolló con Raph, la forma en la que Raph lo ayudó cuando estuvieron en el horfanato.

Hablas poco de la interacción entre Leo y los demás, en realidad. Si bien Mikey, al vivir con él más tiempo que los demás, desarrolla un buen lazo fraternal con él, los demás parecen simplemente estar ahí, hasta que abordas el problema de Raph. Y cuando el problema se soluciona, llega otro, pero ahora entre hermanos.

A veces los niños son crueles y entiendo la tensión previa que había entre Leo y Raph, también entiendo como pasaron las cosas y me pareció increíblemente emotivo todo lo que sucedió.

Desarrollas muy bien la temática del abuso infantil y las secuelas que ésta deja en ellos, incluso la psicología de un padre que desea ayudar está muy bien plasmada. Es cierto que el sistema tiene sus fallas y abordas un tema muy delicado, ciertamente, este fic puede ayudar a concientizar a las personas sobre el problema del abuso infantil.

Disfruté enormemente leyendo esta historia. Reí, lloré, me preocupé por los personajes. Eso no muchos fics, historias o novelas lo consiguen, sobre todo cuando vienen de aficionados. He leído mucho, casi todo tipo de cosas, desde romances hasta masacres y esta es una de las historias que más me ha llegado, no solo por su mensaje, sino por la profundidad que le das al momento de narrarlo.

Ahora, tocando el tema de la narración, tienes algunos errores en cuanto al idioma Español, en las conjugaciones, es comprensible dado que el idioma es, en comparación con otros, algo más complicado con todas las normas y tiempos que maneja.

Haces mención de que Raphael se crió con mexicanos y aprendió de ellos el idioma, pero en realidad habla como alguien de Centro América, manejas palabras que son poco usadas en México, aunque sean en español. Un erro aceptable considerando que no es una lengua que manejas (que yo sepa). Igual no es un dato que arruine o que haga daño a la trama.

Espero ver más de ti. Me pasaré por tu perfil para ver un poco más.