Reviews for Twists of Fate
Raigon chapter 10 . 6/28
Wow, this is amazing. This is one of the best, if not the best, Human turtle stories I have read. Somehow you managed to keep them from being OC, even though they have different circumstances. Great story.
empire14 chapter 10 . 5/21
This was horrible and awesome all at the same time and I seriously do not understand how you can do that, it's like your own personal superpower to talk about world's most horrible subjects yet make it an amazing story with fluff.

You are briljant.
DAkanechan27 chapter 10 . 1/11
Where's the sequel?
Feiring chapter 10 . 8/22/2015
I've read this story multiple times already, and each time I'm just as enthralled as the first. This story is amazing, and so, so heart-wrenching ; every single time.
TJHECTOR chapter 10 . 1/15/2015
Oh man that was good. The best human AU I've read so far. I know it was published in 2007 (wow that's a long time ago and I didn't speak English then lol) and now it's 2015 and human AUs are not so uncommon now.

I love how this focused on Splinter's view. And I absolutely love your Raphael (in this case Rafael)! I've said that for times in my other comments. And I've read most of your fics. You just grasp the personality of Raph so well it's amazing (and I don't use that word often). How Raf helped his friends, it's just so, well, wicked and stylized lol. And when finally Raf revealed that thing about the doc, I started wondering whether he was lying to get attention, but I was wrong. Sorry. He's not that evil.

Well, the ending was great. Realistic, but still not without hope. I love it and absolutely prefer this type of ending over some unrealistically happy ones. No offense.

There're many things I like as well. Like Don, he's just so sweet and good natured in this.

Oh by the way, how you end the story with the tale of Splinter and the turtles. It kinda rouse up a nostalgia. I've forgotten about the turtle thing throughout the story...and then you brought me back to them and that felt just plain good.
I'm bad at adjectives. Just wanna let you know that your writing's awesome and professional.
Pace, suspense, character development.., it's one helluva ride and you didn't have to thank us for sitting through it, we should be thanking you lol.

Best regards,
-Hector
KabukiWuki chapter 10 . 12/11/2014
I just finished the last chapter and am still trying to calm down. It was amazing, I really don't know how to describe what I'm feeling right now but I want to say that I absolutely loved this story, and hope you'll make a sequel.
mikeysgirl228 chapter 10 . 11/28/2014
Sequal please
mikeysgirl228 chapter 6 . 11/28/2014
Awwwwwwwwwwwww raph I would adopt u in a heartbeat u and mikey just so cute
mikeysgirl228 chapter 4 . 11/28/2014
Mikey and raph fluff is the best
SleepingSeeker chapter 10 . 5/15/2014
BRAVO! You were very brave to take this ending where you did! Very courageous to look truth in the eye and expose it. I really admire authors who do not pull their punches. It is something I strive to do.

I can unfortunately speak from experience that you are absolutely right in your author note at the start of this chapter. There is no quick fix. Miracle cure. There is no going back to innocence. There is only one day at a time after going through stuff like this. There are days of back sliding and many long hours of black despair. There is fury and impotent rage. And guilt. All the poison that eats you up from the inside out.

But, as I always say in my stories and will always try my best to show...there will always be HOPE. That things will get better, that the pain will fade, maybe not entirely, but enough to smile again. To laugh. To find some peace.

Great job on this, my friend. I look forward to reading more of your stories and hope you get the chance to peek at my own.
xo
SleepingSeeker chapter 9 . 5/15/2014
Wow! So intense! This story is excellent! I was just cheering when Yoshi broke in on Raf's 'session'. Oh, it was awesome!

I found ya through Turtleficlibrary over on Tumblr and wanted to check out your story. I wrote an AU about the boys growing up in the hands of a monster while Yoshi coes to terms with his mutation and eventually realizes the little ones were alive and desperately in need of rescue in, What Makes a Father - I hope you get the chance to check it out :D I'd love to hear what you thought of it!
Eboni chapter 10 . 10/20/2013
I am now determined to find more Human Turtle fics. I have never even heard of this genre; thank you for introducing it to me by writing this excellent story. I love how each Turtle has his own issue and how their character develop and how this little family forms. Rafael breaks my heart and I love that Don is sticking by him.

I would love to see a sequel to see if therapy with someone who can trusted helps Rafael, and I want to see where you're going totake this story line.

Great job!
Ebs
Spiritual Stone chapter 10 . 9/25/2013
This was the most amazingest AU EVER!
Guardian Fox chapter 10 . 9/15/2013
Wow. That was really intense and I can safely say I was not expecting that to happen in this chapter. But I can totally see that it's completely realistic. (I definitely feel for raph's feelings og humiliation, his rape being resolved the way it was).

Has the sequel been written? I would really love to see a time-jump to the future of this universe. Especially with April and Casey.
Guardian Fox chapter 7 . 9/15/2013
I am loving this. And I'm so glad the events of this chapter came to light. I was really angry at the end of chapter 2 (or 3?) when Raph outright told Leo that the same thing as had happened to Mikey was happening to him, but Leo didn't even react to it. I'm really happy that slip was part of the story, and not a writing slip. So, great job!