Reviews for Second Chances
writerjc chapter 2 . 7/6/2010
This is a nice story. Well written. I enjoy Adama father/son relationship stories. :)
Em Meredith chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
It's refreshing to see a story about the Adama/Lee relationship-one which is so important on the show and yet seems to get overlooked in fic. Nice job with this one. You did a good job capturing how tentative they are with each other at the beginning of season 1.
Mariel3 chapter 2 . 4/15/2007
This was an interesting idea and I like the way you presented their relationship's problems. The uneasy ending is perfect, too, because as we know, nothing is easy between these two.

It wasn't the only memorable moment in the story, though. I really liked the hospital scene where you had Lee play possum: "Lee felt someone step closer to the bed, heard a sigh, then the steps moved away." That was a very real moment - unspoken (and unseen) concern, but there nonetheless.

Having Kara as Lee's sounding board made sense, too. I think what you said here was a very good observation about what it must have been like for Lee to have suddenly found himself on his father's ship: "It was a strange thing to be among these people, who knew his father as their Commander, and who were on his side. To them, Lee was at best an idiot who didn't know how lucky he was or at worst an asshole who went out of his way to disappoint his old man." That was well stated! His inner thoughts during the Kara conversation were also well done.

Thanks for the thoughtful piece. I hope you post something new soon! (or continue this...heaven knows there's fodder for more!