Reviews for Gunslinger
Kaewi chapter 7 . 5/26/2007
Caroline-

I can't thank you enough for not abandoning this! I swear, this story has everything I love in it. It's too bad you lost your motivation for it, but I'm so grateful that you in fact finished it.

The ending was definitely not a disappointment. I like that you made this comparison: "His body would heal, his mind may not." At first I would think Dean wouldn't let Sam watch the fire for so long, but that statement is totally true and Dean would know that Sam needed that closure.

I really enjoyed the scene where Sam said he wanted to go to Vegas first, and then relenting. I can't really explain why, but I think it's because of the banter and characterisation. That part is really an indicator of how the brothers are. Despite all his pain, Dean is still joking and comforting and Sam trying to act strong despite the deep pain. I just liked it.

That, and Sondra. She turned out to be a really neat character addition.

I guess it's pointless to ask for an epilogue, but hopefully you'll be coming out with a new one soon anyway :)
jenilee chapter 7 . 5/25/2007
I was so excited when I saw that you had posted another story. I love your writing. You were the first person I read on this site which I am grateful for, I've read alot since, that may have turned me away. I'm sorry I didn't stop to review each chapter so your getting it all lumped into one.

Anyway love this story. My poor Sammy, You cruel woman the things you did to that poor boy! I think my heart cringed when Sam started believing that he was really responsible for all the horrible things they accused him of doing.

I was starting to get a bit concerned when it didn't look like Brad was going to snap out of it and help. Poor Dean I think that is the most hopeless I've seen him(except of course in ahbl pt2 )when he was locked up and he could hear the ropes creaking and knew they had hung Sam. You just about killed me there and can I just say what a mean cliffhanger!

Thanks for saving Sam and awesome end to a great story.
geminigrl11 chapter 7 . 5/23/2007
No one, but no one, writes imperiled Sam like you. The bar is set so high as to be invisible to the naked eye. :)

Another THRILLING tale and how extra happy was I to see that the nurse paid attention and KNEW something supernatural was in the offing? Excellent detail. :)

I so wish I could go to the con to meet you all, but I will be there in spirit - and can't wait to hear all about it.

(And thank you, once again, for the lasting image of Samm as a gunslinger. True to the fic or not, it has given me many happy moments of daydreams. :D)
SilverKitsune1 chapter 7 . 5/22/2007
Oh man, so many places to begin review...where to begin...

"A blood stain, tennis ball size, fingered outwards from a central point to form a gory scarlet sea-star just above Sam’s right hip."

I'm going to start here because the "gory scarlet sea-star" description just made me die I love it so much!

"Frost coated the windows, obscured a view of the interior of the car. Worse than the night he had gotten lucky with Janine, the red-headed waitress from Oscar’s Diner in Keyhole, Nebraska. They had drawn lurid images on the windows of the car in their post-coital inebriation, and Dean had been too endorphin drunk to realize that they’d show up next time the car’s windows frosted up."

This would be such a cool stand alone fic, but even as a stand alone paragraph it's such an in-character thing for Dean to have done. The boy has such fun with sex. And John finding out is such a hilarious image.

"Expected to find pellet peppered flesh"

You are queen of the awesome descriptions in this chapter. Gold stars all around.

“I’ll pay to have it fixed.”

I wanted to bang my head into the key board at this part! Sam is heading towards unconsciousness, Dean is having an older brother panic attack, and Sam is worried about the leather! Aw Sammy!

Dean nodded, his fingers tingling. “Geek boy logic?”

I always get a kick out of Dean referring to Sam as a geek or a nerd or a college boy. I'm sort of in love with the fact that Sam is a brainy, book loving kind of guy, and you know Dean finds it endearing as well.

"the irregular arch of one eyebrow wasn’t from a misplucked hair, but from a thin scar."

I thought this throw in about the nurse was really interesting just because you know that the people our boys have saved have an idea that there are other things out there in the dark, so who's to say that others who went through similar experiences aren't walking around.

I thought this story was really cool! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
astalder27 chapter 7 . 5/21/2007
Aww! Great job, "Oh yeah, Sam was a Winchester alright – through and through. The pride that swelled threatened to strangle Dean, but he swallowed it down and kept his expression neutral." I loved this line- that so classic Dean! Your use of the english language is amazing, Im currently taking an advanced english class and we're working on using similes, metaphors, etc. in our writing and I see how well they work!

Anyway, terrific job I loved this story!
Dean's Little Secret chapter 7 . 5/20/2007
Great Ending :)
Pedellea chapter 7 . 5/20/2007
Thanks for getting through the story. Another action and angst-filled ride to be had! I hope you have other stories up your sleeve to show off soon to get us all through the hiatus. :o)
funkyspunk chapter 7 . 5/20/2007
i was SO SO SO overjoyed when I saw this in the alerts today! Thank you majorly for updating and I loved the end! When I get more time (tomorow)Ill read this story again because its just so damn freakin good!

Are you gonna write another one soon?

Get back to me!

Funky.
InSecret chapter 7 . 5/20/2007
Hey, huge apologies for not reviewing this more... I feel mean and nasty considering how much I've enjoyed this story. I've been swamped. Am swamped. No one told me university involved so much work. I feel cheated LOL.

Anyhoo. Lovely work, as usual. I'm pretty sure you already know how jealous I am of your writing. If not, I'm VERY. Cos. Well. Wow. Just. WOW. I really can't wait to see what you do next.

And oh. Incidentally... for a Samster, you do Dean hurt/angst so well. I'm super proud. LOL. And pleased ;-) Have a good one!
tvdinnersrule chapter 7 . 5/19/2007
I love this story, all the hurtsam and angst. This last chapter was a little awkward though, i dont know why, just the way you wrote it was kinda confusing to figure out what was going on.
Still Awesome2009 chapter 7 . 5/19/2007
great story i enjoyed it
KatieLB chapter 7 . 5/19/2007
great job on this story! Love that sam shot him in the car LOLOL great job
Third Stage chapter 7 . 5/19/2007
Yet again, Im left speechless. And very impressed at how this story ended! Great work, as usual, and i really hope to read more Sam-angst soon!
empath89 chapter 7 . 5/19/2007
that was so good. i love your stuff! can't wait for more. sammy and dean...amazing here! poor sammy, being tortured like that.

hugs...empath
I'mcalledZorro chapter 7 . 5/19/2007
Good story, I enjoyed reading it.
278 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »