Reviews for Blackberry Season
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
Always loved them together. They are so cute.
Victoriam Speramus chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
This is beautiful! A wonderful take on a shared dream.
sterno chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I STILL LOVE WHEN SHOW CHARACTERS DREAM OF BEING WITH THE ONE THEY LOVE. LOVE LOGAN AND MAX TOGETHER MORE SO THAN HER AND ALEC.. THANKS FOR WRITING. I REALLY ENJOYED READING THIS...
Ica44 chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Delightfully, shamelessly fluffy and I loved it. Just what the doctor ordered! Great job.
shirts47 chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Good Story, it would be good to see where that story could go as it showed so much potential. But overall it was a good story which I enjoyed and would definately read more of your stuff.

Love JJ
QueenOfHearts3 chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
hey, now *teasing grin* i happen to be rather fond of that particular scene. and its really not that impossible- ive had stuff like that happen to me. as Mulder says "If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

anyway, tis an awesome fic. i just love the delicate balance you have here. wistful, yet infused with hope *applause* probably my fave from you yet
Babyangel86 chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
Bittersweet... i like it!
TigrouAngel chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
It IS a shame that it took me so long to review this. I blame my computer.

Lisa, I do love this story so much. Just imagine me crying for joy in front of a computer in Scotland, miles and miles away from home, and my boyfriend staring at me like an extraterrastrial...it was the best possible birthday present.

Well, shirtless Logan can never be wrong, but I admire your creativity so much and that you find a new way to rip his shirt off in every of your stories (which lately had a certain pattern of featuring a certain cyberjournalist without a certain piece of clothes and I highly appreciate that, too)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
d.b chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
i loved this story. your a.n. was funny but i thought it was really creative and original. it was sweet and romantic and kind of sad just like the show. i'm printing it so i can read it over and over.
carotta chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Love it!
Mari83 chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Whatever objections one can have with the idea of shared dreams, I’m for everything that brightens up S2 and I really like this for showing us some happiness inbetween all the virus-drama. Setting this in S2 lets me appreciate the dream idea more.

"Sketchy annoyed her with yet another get rich quick scheme until Max couldn’t take it anymore and slapped some sense into him. And Alec just would notshut up all night long, making her grind her teeth in irritation at his constant prattle."

Great detail.

Like ‘Clean slate’ this put me into a craving to go and see all the beautiful nature myself… (Especially if Logan is a part of this nature)

“Blackberry season is the best time of the year. The rain is over and the days are finally long and sunny. Blackberries on the vine mean that summer is finally here

Funny, here they mean summer is pretty much over….

"Things were so strained between Max and him since the last attempt to find a cure had failed. It hurt too much to hope; they cut down on hoping. Instead, they “gave each other space”. He paged her a little less often, her visits were becoming shorter and infrequent, she stopped inviting him out as much and he stopped showing up."

Yeah, I guess this is what would have happened if S2 had gone on longer. Glad you found a way to prevent more alienation.

"Logan wasn’t as alarmed as he once would have been upon hearing his locked front door being opened, especially since it was accompanied by the sound of a bicycle being leaned up against his wall and a quick glance at the clock on his computer monitor confirmed that it was just about lunch time."

Ah, I love this, even despite the virus they still have this familiarity.

"He stopped at a safe distance; he had long ago figured out about how close to Max he could get before she would back away from him."

So sad and even sadder with the development from when Logan tried to come closer, as if he didn’t care all that much, only to have Max retreat.

"When he woke up the next morning and reached for his glasses, his hand brushed against something unfamiliar. He looked at his nightstand and smiled when he saw a small basket of blackberries waiting for him."

Such a sweet perfect ending, just as the idea of her watching him.
intstebri chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Finally I reach your story! (All my firsts attempts drove me directly on Epiloge of "Clean State" ! (I know why.)

I agree with you than the shared dream was lame at first , but I have read some stories about it later and find it a bit more ... what could be the right word... credible?

But, in your, I found what made it true, right and finally great; the fact they know they shared it, for me, it's what made it works. And you came up with that. (I didn't read another one where they talk about shared dream)

I'm not sure I enjoyed it (could we ever enjoy the virus?), but I certainly loved it. It was very beautiful. And now I hope they will share lots of dreams (and that will keep Logan at his search for a cure!)

So, I'm now aware of something new: there is no lame issues when you find the right way to exploit it!

Thank you (to you for having write it, and to Tigrou for asked for)

And... did you forget to write "THE END"... or did you forget to write "TBC..." ? (just teasing, I unfortunately saw the "complete" mention...)

Same as usual... Sorry for my english, I write it quickly and as it makes sens in translation's utility, that's probably meant you will have a hard time to understand me (sigh)
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Poor Max & Logan!

Given what the show did to them (and us!) in the season- that- should- not- be- mentioned, this is actually something I could see as an episode of DA - and actually is a much less painful way of giving us a "touchy" episode than what they did in "Borrowed Time." (I mean... mutual dreaming is far more realistic than Max putting on the brakes! :P)

Either way, you do a nice job of painting such lovely scenes between them, which make their 'reality' of being unable to touch much more painful to them. The scene with Max's visit and the bowl of blackberries leading into their discussion of the dream feels very grounded and is a nice way to lead them into discovering their shared dream.

Sure, the shared dream is hokey, but if you believe in true soul mates, why not? Soul mates in proximity and unable to touch are either gonna explode or... or... what the hell, or _share dreams_. Makes sense when you look at it that way, doesn't it?

Anyway, thanks for sharing Tig's b'day present.

Stupid virus!
jfg207 chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
This is so good! Depressing but still good... So, what next?

Jeanette
lisa316 chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
I hope Tigrou forgives you for writing a S2 fic for her birthday! I mean, I understand that you only had a couple of days to throw something together and this was the only idea you could come up with to creatively get Logan out of his clothes and up to AURLCO standards by the 14th, but you really do go against her whole ‘second season denial’ thing here.

Oh, well. I liked it a lot. It’s hopeful despite all the added angst and I enjoyed those subtle jabs you took at the stupid virus. And you never specified what Logan wore in bed, so I think it’s safe to imagine that he was sleeping without a shirt on. Hey, why not?

And I liked the way you gave him “blue-green” eyes in this one because you weren’t sure about Tigrou’s preferences.