Reviews for 10 HurtComfort Ficlets
The Pianist's Touch chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
"Always", huh? I wouldn't normally ask...but since in both shows the lead is Nathan Fillion so there's a connection...do you watch Castle?
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 9 . 4/21/2012
i loved all of these, but this one was my favorite. so interesting to see their relationship from an outsider's point of view - i love how it's obvious how much they love each other if you just pay attention. :)

fave line: Through the doorway crack, the light was faint, but I could glimpse what it was he beheld: the captain stretched on top of the covers, River nestled against his shoulder, her arm around him like she was shielding him, and both deep in slumber.

such sweet imagery - how she's the one protecting him, even in sleep, and how he acts as her support.
chrisfaithalin chapter 10 . 12/12/2010
A seriously great collection of stories. I can't help but be awed by your writing. I seriously have read A LOT of fanfiction, but you are one of only a few authors who have an actual distinct voice and writing style. The testament of that is chapter 9 in this story where it is from a foreign perspective. I usually don't like OC perspectives because it is usually just the author writing themselves and their personal views, I know this from personal experience, lol. But, your character a complete person with a back story and a fully formed personality. The little touches are just astounding. She fits 100% within the Firefly universe.

I know you haven't posted in quite some time, but I hope you are still writing, even if it is just for yourself. You are really gifted and your writing is just so natural. Thank you so much for posting, I really enjoyed reading your stories.
Speakfire chapter 9 . 7/27/2009
I know it's been an age and then some since you wrote this but-I love how you've done this all from the perspective of Mrs. Flatt. This is truly a wonderful story, and you've done such a great job with the little nuances of expression and touch that Mrs. Flatt picks up on. You've got such a gift of words, and I can't imagine River being better done in stories than how you've portrayed her. Thank you for writing this, it's a real treasure.
geekmama chapter 10 . 1/14/2009
I've been watching Firefly again lately and when I come back to these stories of yours the characterizations, the situations, all seem spot on, beautifully written. In many ways, this is my favorite, the tension, the tight prose, the way it makes me freezing cold just to read it, lol! The descriptive passages are just right: we know this is something close to your realm of experience. The pacing is perfect. Perfect!

Now for a cup of hot tea, to warm up! *g*

~ Geek Mama
Goomba chapter 10 . 1/13/2009
Though good, (with potential for great) this ficlet could certainly use more. I never felt like he was in real trouble, as though he wouldn't be saved. And it needs more at the end too please, more story, more to unfold and discover.

Cheers Jen
Goomba chapter 9 . 1/13/2009
This, for an original character, is just wonderful. Splendid even and touching. Lots of little touches that make it just special in the way that River is to Mal. Thank you,

Cheers Jen
readsandreviews chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
This is beautiful. :) You write River so naturally. I have no difficulty believing this at all. Mal is perfect too... such a gentleman!

My first favourite line: But the ground tilts, the planet shrugs her off like she's an annoyance, and she would have sprawled in a heap, had he not caught her.

My second favourite line: He reaches out, tucking an errant strand behind her ear. “Always.”

You've got to love Mal. :)
readsandreviews chapter 10 . 4/29/2008
I know I reviewed this chapter over at LJ, but it bears repeating:

This is fantastic! :) I think I held my breath the entire time I was reading. I could see everything happening before me, and I could feel the panic rising. Great job.

My favourite line: The river will take him if she doesn’t.

Pure River. :)

I must read the rest of these.
marskid chapter 10 . 4/22/2008
cool.
neisprime chapter 10 . 4/19/2008
These have been so superbly lovely. You should keep going with them. The little moments between Mal and River are great.
azarathangel chapter 10 . 4/18/2008
dude i GASPED in excitement when i saw this appear in my inbox! this was so excellent and a really wonderful little glimpse into the whole incident and it was so well written and i really hope you continue this with little ficlets as they strike your fancy because i would LOVE to read more of your stuff like this. i'm a sucker for maliver hurt/comfort anything and your ficlets are rather addicting. i reread them when i am bored/don't feel like doing physics work. please continue! -Ash
Buffybot76 chapter 10 . 4/18/2008
So exciting! I'm sorry to see this series end because every single one of these are excellent reading and I just hope that you'll be writing more Mal/River fics in the future. _
azarathangel chapter 9 . 4/11/2008
gah all of these are so gorram BEAUTIFUL and i really want number ten! and eleven and fifty-seven! you are a wonderful writer and all of these are so in character and perfect and i can't wait to see more! -ash
FlyingHampsterOfDoom chapter 9 . 4/2/2008
This has been an enjoyable read, what with each chapter something different and yet so disticly the same. I especially loved chapter nine. It made me kind of depressed that she never saw them again. Hope you add the tenth one soon.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »