Reviews for That Terrifying Momentum
xaphanea chapter 14 . 3/20/2009
Wow. I don't even know what to say. You're fucking brilliant! The way you spin a story... seriously, if you were publishing novels I'd have every one on my shelf. And I'd be kicking all of my friends' asses to go out and do the same. *applause* Fantastic. The way you've melded your unique Kharadjai (which is insanely detailed and interesting, by the way!) into the Harry Potter world... it's so believable and natural. You've got a multiverse of talent, dear, keep using it!

Oh, and Scott is the epitome of badass. I would gladly fuck his brains out. :D

I haven't gotten any work done today... but hey, it's Friday. I'm ready to have no life this weekend while I bury myself in your work. Thank you immensely for the wonderful material. It's a gem buried in this menagerie of fanfiction. And you should NOT be buried. Your intense flow of writing is unmatched and your witty and snappy humour has made me laugh right out loud. My boyfriend thinks I've gone completely mental up here. _

Anyway, I'm going to go throw myself into another of your stories. Keep it up! (And if you have any original works outside of fanfiction, I would absolutely love to read them. Drop me an email if you like: )
HGRHfan35 chapter 13 . 1/17/2009
I started reading your story 2 days ago and I absolutely love it!

It's intriguing, exciting, has humour and I like the way you describe the raging teen hormones.

Slughorn mentioned a special female guest for the party. Would that have been Ginny? Perhaps we'll find out in the next chapter. Maybe it's weird but I hope that Scott & Sophie get together one day and Lila... well, who knows (you might).

Harry & Ginny, is fate really working against Scott, hope not because that sooner they get together the better.

You write quite lengthy chapters, which is a bonus for me, so I do understand that updating takes a while.

I won't nag and I'll be waiting.

Saw that you're posting this on SIYE now, as well. Serious public, one of my favourite sites to read on.

Don't know how the reaction to the language will be. I don't have a problem with it, don't get me wrong but they can be strict.

Until next time, take care. Thank you. C
EvilSamurai chapter 12 . 12/6/2008
Well I have to tell you that I love this story. It's well written, your plot is interesting, and you've managed to make me laugh out loud at least a half dozen times. Not an easy thing to do because to be honest, I've heard pretty much every swear word or phrase ever invented. Anyway, thanks for the great time, and please update as soon as you are able.
zozotheterrible chapter 11 . 10/24/2008
I've just finished reading your fic and I have to say I enjoyed it completely. I love Scott... there was quite a few moments where I laughed rather loudly after reading his little comments...

I hope there is more soon... though I'll be waiting patiently! Quality can't be pushed out quickly.

Zoe
Hahukum Konn chapter 11 . 10/23/2008
Ha! Nice continuation of Scott's irreverence and crazy back story. Bonus for the "Blue" warnings in the field manual. :-D
girlspell chapter 10 . 9/17/2008
Delighted to see this update.

Great little preamble that fits very well with the chapter. And atmospheric...this chapter reeks of it. Liked that touch of that line of trees at the end.

Well, a couple of lessions in warfare. Complete with a battle paln. Not surprised Scott is lecturing. We'll see if Harry will bite. Will Scott have to do everything himself, or is his job simply to nudge?

Very intriguing story and wraps tighter and tighter with each chapter
girlspell chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
Delighted to see this update.

Very intriguing story and wraps tighter and tighter with each chapter.
Kiseki no Tenshi chapter 9 . 9/10/2008
Great story!

Can't wait to read more!
girlspell chapter 9 . 8/1/2008
I was delighted to see this story pop up again and righ on track.

Great seeing Ginny in the story finally... I like the way you write her. Despite her issues with Harry, if he's involved in something...she jumps in without hesitation.

I like the touch of having Harry watch the other as Scott tells his story. You're still keeping the focus on Hary. There would have a risk introducing a POV from another character. That might have weaken the character of Harry. Not so in this case.

This story is beomging more cohesive and intriguing.
The Librarian's Assistant chapter 8 . 7/27/2008
haha really cool story!
Maggot Boy chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Now this has piqued my interest. I must confess I have something vaguely similar in the works though I've never actually put pen to paper as it were.

I had more than a few thoughts about Scott. I'll bet he's been growing in the back of your mind for a while now. He's what we would all like to be. On one hand he's a down to earth, witty, charming, coarse and likeable antihero and on the other he's a supremely ancient being who's an arbiter of the universal fate with the power and knowledge of gods and is practically invincible. And it's precisely that, that makes me dislike him. Those two parts of him do not mesh together they clash horribly. The result is a weak character that I felt no connection with and is frankly not very believable. I know he's not human (ya wriggled out of that one) and nothing has to be too believable in a magical world but still. It's not that he's bad exactly but, as he is, he's unsuited for the role of the main character. As others have said, the story would be vastly improved if there was a lot more focus on the canon characters than Scott and his brain buggeringly annoying sister.

Other than that it's excellent. You really do convince me that the canon characters are themselves rather than someone else's imagination of them. A skill that's far too rare on this site. You've managed to mimic Rowling's own writing style just enough to make it believeable while still keeping it your own. Well done. I'm biting my nails waiting for the next chapter.
girlspell chapter 8 . 6/3/2008
This is the first time I'm reviewing over here, but you updated so...

I really liked this chapter. I do like Scott in there and his POV which is really pushing the story.

Luna is difficult to write and I think you wrote her very well.
hushpuppy22 chapter 8 . 6/2/2008
Absolutely hilarious chapter, as always. I think that your character, Scott is even funnier in the world of Harry Potter because his crude language and humor is in such direct contrast to everyone else in that world. Who would imagine any character telling Hermione that Ron wanted her to sit on his face?

Basically, thanks for yet another great chapter.
bob chapter 8 . 6/2/2008
This story is well written, but it's just way too focused on the OC. The canon characters seem like they're there as supporting players in the World of Scott. It's not that I don't care about Scott, but.. actually, yes, it's that I don't care about Scott.
Hahukum Konn chapter 8 . 6/1/2008
This continues to be an excellent fic :) I love Scott's irreverence (especially that segment right at the end :D ), and the fact that you've zoomed in on Hermione and Luna and gotten a very good handle on their characterization and thoughts. Bravo! :)

But how's Harry's training coming along? Scott IS helping Harry, right? :)
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »