Reviews for That Terrifying Momentum
Datenshi Aoi chapter 29 . 4/7/2011
When I saw this giant Author's note, I was afraid that you had finished this story.

I'm ecstatic to hear that you had revised Shape and Diverge, because I distinctly recall Scott slamming Borgin down onto the counter, and Ron and Harry gleefully recalling it later. After recently rereading your story and seeing the scene play out differently, I was going crazy trying to figure out what story I read that in.

Regarding ...And I'm All Out of Gum, it wasn't until recently that I figured out that it took place in Final Fantasy III (Because I think they call him Ultima Weapon in the GBA remake-retranslation). Like you, I believe it to be the best of the shorts, and I'm curious if you might consider fleshing that sucker out when That Terrifying Momentum is done, or possibly in parallel if TTM is ever giving you writer's block?
Omega Warrior 42 chapter 29 . 4/7/2011
Dude, it doesn't matter if you think the stuff you write is glorified shit, just so long as the rest of us think it's good shit. I, for one, do.

My main question now is this: how will you continue? Will it be on the same fanfic as this one, or in a separate fanfic altogether? Either way, I look forward to continuing to read it. Would giving Scott a shotgun with Blue shells at some point be a bit much to ask for? Or would that wipe out half of Essex in one go? Love and Peace, out.

-Omega
SecretKeeper42 chapter 29 . 4/7/2011
I think the writing of the longest, most comprehensive Author's Note in fanfiction history deserves some acknowledgement. It certainly is good to know how much thought you put into your works. I wonder what you'll do for an encore... Terrifying Momentum, the Making of trailer? I'd watch it!

I've enjoyed your story thus far, but I'm wondering where you're going to go from here. I rather hope that the plot doesn't follow canon quite so thoroughly from here out, it just doesn't really make sense to me for it to do so.
fmcmahon4 chapter 29 . 4/7/2011
Keep up the good work (the story, not the long-winded Author's Note). You had me worried when I first started reading the note that you would be ending the story, and I'm really enjoying it. I have to say I've read a lot of HP fanfiction and this is very good, mainly because it's unique and not the usual fanfiction love stories. I think you're going to have the story diverge a lot from Book 7 thanks to Scott, and I'm looking forward to reading it.
B00kw0rm92 chapter 28 . 3/28/2011
I've been much too bust this month - and much too easily sidetracked. I'm sorry it took me so long to read this. It was an amazing chapter!
tadsfa chapter 28 . 3/26/2011
This chapter was more serious than I'm used to for this story, but it had it's moments of hilarity. Particularly Scott describing fighting with Spider-Man while wearing a hockey mask and beating people with loose objects. Classic! This story's always good for a laugh. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Omega Warrior 42 chapter 28 . 3/8/2011
That's the thing I like about Scott as a character: he has his eye on the overall, not just the particulars everyone else gets hung up on all the time. I wonder how the coming battles will play out? Who, indeed, will survive? Will the fight become more even, or simply more interesting? I look forward to finding out soon. Love and Peace, out.

-Omega
fhippogriff chapter 20 . 3/3/2011
So I saw you had updated chapter 28, and I was trying to remember this story. I read chapter 1 again and remembered a lot, then I skipped to this chapter. Apparently I never left a review, because it let me in. But I just wanted to say that the description of Scott when Harry took the Felix Felices was brilliant. I loved all that stuff about the shape and the turbulence. (not chaos, turbulence). A great scene in all of fanfiction.
Inoeth chapter 28 . 3/3/2011
Another wonderful chapter.

Well, all I can say is that since this is AU, I hope you make harry grow the fuck up and learn to kill. (and reading about how mentally fucked up he is afterward is fun as well)

Once again the new chapter felt a little too like Rowling's original with the major exception that Ginny and Harry are now still together. So, I guess the major AU part of the story is coming up in that the deaths of the death eaters is going to have some major repercussions. Additionally, now that Ginny is (supposedly) going to join the trio on their trip, the story of what happens should change significantly from the original story, and I do truly hope that you do change the Deathly Hallows script more than just a bit. Ginny's insight into what to do as far as horcrux hunting well as the problems with snatchers and the like should be completely changed.

Just think of the theory of the butterfly effect in which small changes to the order of things can have a huge effect. You've made some pretty drastic changes in the deaths of the death eaters and keeping ginny and harry together. The result of these changes should be even more drastic! ie: Voldie has to change his plans because of having less troops, Harry is more effective with his horcrux hunting, but the challenges he faces are tougher, the ministry could fall but they could attack it, kill the most corrupt and change it again...
SecretKeeper42 chapter 28 . 3/3/2011
Interesting chapter. Feels like your story might be about to diverge from the canon storyline. Ginny coming with them on the Hunt makes sense to a degree, but only if they can somehow find a way around the Trace. Perhaps this is what Scott was working on at the end of the chapter.

Hopefully, with a military professional like Scott on their side, they make other changes that make more sense. For instance, why hide out in the middle of nowhere nearly starving at times when you can hide in the middle of the Muggle world? Why not use magic to steal food as necessary and call it commandeering resources for war use.
marc chapter 28 . 3/2/2011
great chapter, glad Scott helped Harry realize how retarded he was acting.
Inoeth chapter 27 . 1/29/2011
This story has been very fun and unique. I've been following it for about a year now and I hope you get a chance to update it soon (and more often at that).

As far as the actual story goes, I like what you've done in terms of adding guns and all that to the story and the crazyness that is scott and his sister. I think chapter 27 was just a bit too slow. I also really wish that you had had Harry kill Snape or Malfoy or hell, anyone, just to kill his innocence and all that. It would be interesting to see Snape die by Harry's hand, fucking up fate/destiny, whatever, making it so nobody remembers him or if they do it was in a negative light... So far, even with your two new characters and the killing of a large number of DEs, you haven't deviated all that much from Rowlings original books. Now that Dumbles is gone, its time to say 'so long and thanks for all the fish' ie ignore Deathly Hallows and go in your own crazy direction. (Or at least please don't go the hallows route in all its 'deus ex machina' capacity.)

Eh, just my opinion. And I do want to say that I am enjoying the story and think you're doing a good job (else i wouldn't be reading and follow it). Keep up the good work and please update more often!
B00kw0rm92 chapter 27 . 1/18/2011
Wonderful chapter, as always! Can't wait for the next!
freshwater not signed in chapter 27 . 1/16/2011
Such a relief to see Scott up and well. Enjoyed his interactions with Kylie, too... very big brother like. But the best was the conversation between Scott and Harry...Harry's hardened a bit, and he and Scott are closer to being equals...in a sense.

As ever, eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Glad to hear you weren't too tough on your pup.
usernames are for losers chapter 27 . 1/7/2011
Brilliant. And that refers to both you and the story, by the way.

The scene where Scott and Harry are talking about death and grief was just... awesome. You have put into words what I have always failed to do, so thanks, I'll take a note of that :P

Can't wait for the next chapter, but I appreciate that you have a life, and that your awesome scene will need to be rewritten.
165 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »