Reviews for That Terrifying Momentum
marc chapter 19 . 10/30/2010
wonderful story, keep up the good work!
usernames are for losers chapter 26 . 10/30/2010
Wow, I just realised where you got the idea of Scott from...

In all seriousness though, awesome chapter, I had been eagerly anticipating it and it did not disappoint. Much more serious than other chapters, which I think was right, but you still got me to smile (mostly for the author's note though, I have to say)

Can't wait for more!
Vault Boy chapter 26 . 10/29/2010
Hm. I just noticed the relatively low amount of reviews this story has, and I was pretty disappointed by that. It's a great story, with some great writing in my opinion.

I don't often review, but perhaps it was the sheer awesomeness of the authors note at the end that prompted me to. Thanks for the laugh :)

Well then, it's time to get to the actual "reviewing" part of this review. It's less about the chapter and more about the story in general, so bear with me.

I think what I most enjoy about the story is Scott, and to a lesser degree Lila. Why? Because it's rare that you see such great OC's on a site like this. They aren't Mary Sue, they have flaws - and overall they're human. Oh, and Scott is BAMF, that helps.

The concept is interesting to, and isn't a regurgitation of the same shit that a lot of stories on here seem to be. Not to degrade the writing of a lot of other authors, but trying something new and different is good.

Anyway, I have to go have breakfast now, but just wanted to let you know I'm loving the story. I'm also going to be reviewing every chapter now - it's a damn shame such an awesome story doesn't have hundreds more reviews, and you deserve the feedback.

P.S Dragon Age and L4D are awesome. If you like DA, do you play Mass Effect?
fmcmahon4 chapter 26 . 10/29/2010
I was looking for a little bit more with this chapter, but it's nice to know that Scott is still going to be around and kicking. Hopefully the next chapter has Harry and Scott actually wake up and then begin planning on how to take down Voldemort. I have noticed that up until now you've pretty much stayed in line with JK Rowling's book, but I'm curious to see how much you match up with Deathly Hallows with the rest of your story. Looking forward to future chapters.
usernames are for losers chapter 25 . 10/2/2010
I know that you don't like this site, and as such don't in any way expect a reply to this.

However, I felt it necessary to review this masterpiece after I managed to read what you had so far. I like fanfiction dot net mainly because I can read white text on black background, but aside from that, this is where I have an account and what I know how to use, so I'm sorry if it annoys you to receive reviews from here.

And as for the story itself... Wow. Just wow. I think I've only read such likable OCs as Scott and Lila in one other story, and not in the Harry Potter fandom. Scott is a work of genius, and he's just so funny as well. I love where you're taking everything and the whole new dimension that is totally unique makes this story particularly amazing. I really can't wait to see where else this story is going to take me, and I find myself wishing that JKR had conferred with you when she was writing the series originally.

Truly awesome work, I can't wait for the next chapter.

ps - once again, I'm sorry that this review does not come from your preferred site.
freshwater not signed in chapter 25 . 9/26/2010
TELL ME THAT SCOTT WILL REAPPEAR IN A NEW FORM! TELL ME NOW!

**huff** Okay, that was intense. Losing DD was following canon, losing Scott seems like exploding your story...something which I am fairly confident you would not do at this point...right?

So, I predict that "Scott" will receive a nice funeral...or be shipped home to the U.S. for one...and that a new transfer student will soon arrive at Hogwarts to take his place. Maybe a girl, this time? Probably someone with a personality rather different from Scott -although I'll miss him- so as not to raise suspicions...?

As ever, desperately awaiting your next update.
jmeec316 chapter 25 . 9/26/2010
Intense chapter. Please don't leave us waiting for long to see if Harry and every else are okay!
kitiem3000 chapter 25 . 9/26/2010
heavy. Great chapter.
B00kw0rm92 chapter 25 . 9/26/2010
Oh, ACK! NOOOOOOOO! Scott is NOT dead! Please update again soon!
freshwater chapter 24 . 8/28/2010
"There was an eerie unreality about the scene, especially the stillness. The way the shape was ebbing and then bursting back over the threshold he would have expected a cacophony.

The shape was convulsing and the world was a leaf in a windstorm."

LOVE the way you contrast the eeries stillness of Hogsmeade w/the sense that the shape is out of control. Very effective scene building and atmosphere.

Some things that seemed to be inconsistent: Lila first tells Ginny to go w/her to RoR and the rest to "guard the common room", then tell them to go to the front entrance, then when all are in the hall she tells them to stick w/her and not split up, and finally sends them to Malfoy and the RoR while she and Ginny go to Snape's quarters...and how did she know she was needed back upstairs? Sounds of fighting? Just seemed like Lila was pretty indecisive...or rather, very decisive, yet very changeable.

So it seems that the events of the Astronomy Tower have played out: DD freezes Harry under the Invisibility Cloak, Snape kills DD in front of Draco and the DE's, and is about to escape when confronted by Scott...he's too late to save DD (unless you've got some other trick up your sleeve) and doesn't realize the role Snape is playing...at least in canon. But, shoot Draco with a Blue bullet, on a dare from a DE? Seems like his supervisors would yell at him for that one...not to mention the challenge of explaining it to folks at Hogwarts. And you alluded to his possible stay there for another year...dare we hope that you plan another year's worth of fic? **puppy dog eyes**

I wouldn't mind if someone knocks Scott's arm and the Blue bullet hits Greyback instead.

Also, Ginny didn't ever drink any of the Felix Felicis...does this mean she'll be injured, a circumstance which may give vent to Harry's feelings for her? The romantic in me is past ready to see H/G together in this fic (**taps wand against thigh menancingly...oops, sorry, didn't really mean to threaten the author!**).

As always, loved it, and eagerly awaiting the next installment.
hikarinayoshi chapter 24 . 8/24/2010
Oh my gosh i can't wait for chp25

Please update soon
kitiem3000 chapter 24 . 8/23/2010
Great chapter
jamesdf chapter 24 . 8/23/2010

Another excellent and riveting chapter.

I can see the possibility of Dumbledore's most idiotic plan in the history of plans failing straight away because of his own arrogance in holding all information to himself.

It never made any sense, in canon, to bolster the position of Snape as what use is a spy who cannot share the information he gains?
B00kw0rm92 chapter 24 . 8/22/2010
Oh, ack! What a cliffhanger! Please update soon!
Omega Warrior 42 chapter 23 . 7/13/2010
Love the chapter titles in this chapter, both of them. A way I found around the formatting craptasticalities: use a line of x's for your break, instead of stars or dashes. It is the only thing I've found that still works and doesn't look too bad.

Having read the entire story so far, I say that Scott DEFINITELY makes me think Steve Blum, with his younger self sounding closer to Spike Spiegel and his older self sounding closer to Vincent Valentine. It's the attitude that does it, I think.

The last few scenes of this chapter remind me of an old Bloom County cartoon, where the infamous Bill the Cat smokes every last cigarette a chronic smoker owns at the same time and one of the characters loudly comments in the last panel: "BILL'S BAZOOKA-BARFING!"

Great stuff, man.