Reviews for That Terrifying Momentum
fhippogriff chapter 20 . 3/3/2011
So I saw you had updated chapter 28, and I was trying to remember this story. I read chapter 1 again and remembered a lot, then I skipped to this chapter. Apparently I never left a review, because it let me in. But I just wanted to say that the description of Scott when Harry took the Felix Felices was brilliant. I loved all that stuff about the shape and the turbulence. (not chaos, turbulence). A great scene in all of fanfiction.
Inoeth chapter 28 . 3/3/2011
Another wonderful chapter.

Well, all I can say is that since this is AU, I hope you make harry grow the fuck up and learn to kill. (and reading about how mentally fucked up he is afterward is fun as well)

Once again the new chapter felt a little too like Rowling's original with the major exception that Ginny and Harry are now still together. So, I guess the major AU part of the story is coming up in that the deaths of the death eaters is going to have some major repercussions. Additionally, now that Ginny is (supposedly) going to join the trio on their trip, the story of what happens should change significantly from the original story, and I do truly hope that you do change the Deathly Hallows script more than just a bit. Ginny's insight into what to do as far as horcrux hunting well as the problems with snatchers and the like should be completely changed.

Just think of the theory of the butterfly effect in which small changes to the order of things can have a huge effect. You've made some pretty drastic changes in the deaths of the death eaters and keeping ginny and harry together. The result of these changes should be even more drastic! ie: Voldie has to change his plans because of having less troops, Harry is more effective with his horcrux hunting, but the challenges he faces are tougher, the ministry could fall but they could attack it, kill the most corrupt and change it again...
SecretKeeper42 chapter 28 . 3/3/2011
Interesting chapter. Feels like your story might be about to diverge from the canon storyline. Ginny coming with them on the Hunt makes sense to a degree, but only if they can somehow find a way around the Trace. Perhaps this is what Scott was working on at the end of the chapter.

Hopefully, with a military professional like Scott on their side, they make other changes that make more sense. For instance, why hide out in the middle of nowhere nearly starving at times when you can hide in the middle of the Muggle world? Why not use magic to steal food as necessary and call it commandeering resources for war use.
marc chapter 28 . 3/2/2011
great chapter, glad Scott helped Harry realize how retarded he was acting.
Inoeth chapter 27 . 1/29/2011
This story has been very fun and unique. I've been following it for about a year now and I hope you get a chance to update it soon (and more often at that).

As far as the actual story goes, I like what you've done in terms of adding guns and all that to the story and the crazyness that is scott and his sister. I think chapter 27 was just a bit too slow. I also really wish that you had had Harry kill Snape or Malfoy or hell, anyone, just to kill his innocence and all that. It would be interesting to see Snape die by Harry's hand, fucking up fate/destiny, whatever, making it so nobody remembers him or if they do it was in a negative light... So far, even with your two new characters and the killing of a large number of DEs, you haven't deviated all that much from Rowlings original books. Now that Dumbles is gone, its time to say 'so long and thanks for all the fish' ie ignore Deathly Hallows and go in your own crazy direction. (Or at least please don't go the hallows route in all its 'deus ex machina' capacity.)

Eh, just my opinion. And I do want to say that I am enjoying the story and think you're doing a good job (else i wouldn't be reading and follow it). Keep up the good work and please update more often!
B00kw0rm92 chapter 27 . 1/18/2011
Wonderful chapter, as always! Can't wait for the next!
freshwater not signed in chapter 27 . 1/16/2011
Such a relief to see Scott up and well. Enjoyed his interactions with Kylie, too... very big brother like. But the best was the conversation between Scott and Harry...Harry's hardened a bit, and he and Scott are closer to being a sense.

As ever, eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Glad to hear you weren't too tough on your pup.
usernames are for losers chapter 27 . 1/7/2011
Brilliant. And that refers to both you and the story, by the way.

The scene where Scott and Harry are talking about death and grief was just... awesome. You have put into words what I have always failed to do, so thanks, I'll take a note of that :P

Can't wait for the next chapter, but I appreciate that you have a life, and that your awesome scene will need to be rewritten.
Hahukum Konn chapter 27 . 1/6/2011
I look forward to how your version of the Deathly Hallows breaks out. :-)
B00kw0rm92 chapter 26 . 11/2/2010
GREAT chapter! So sad though, but I'm very happy that Scott will be ok! Please update soon!
marc chapter 26 . 10/31/2010
great story, but overall, not much has changed. I'm glad that Harry did more damage to Snape though.
marc chapter 19 . 10/30/2010
wonderful story, keep up the good work!
usernames are for losers chapter 26 . 10/30/2010
Wow, I just realised where you got the idea of Scott from...

In all seriousness though, awesome chapter, I had been eagerly anticipating it and it did not disappoint. Much more serious than other chapters, which I think was right, but you still got me to smile (mostly for the author's note though, I have to say)

Can't wait for more!
Vault Boy chapter 26 . 10/29/2010
Hm. I just noticed the relatively low amount of reviews this story has, and I was pretty disappointed by that. It's a great story, with some great writing in my opinion.

I don't often review, but perhaps it was the sheer awesomeness of the authors note at the end that prompted me to. Thanks for the laugh :)

Well then, it's time to get to the actual "reviewing" part of this review. It's less about the chapter and more about the story in general, so bear with me.

I think what I most enjoy about the story is Scott, and to a lesser degree Lila. Why? Because it's rare that you see such great OC's on a site like this. They aren't Mary Sue, they have flaws - and overall they're human. Oh, and Scott is BAMF, that helps.

The concept is interesting to, and isn't a regurgitation of the same shit that a lot of stories on here seem to be. Not to degrade the writing of a lot of other authors, but trying something new and different is good.

Anyway, I have to go have breakfast now, but just wanted to let you know I'm loving the story. I'm also going to be reviewing every chapter now - it's a damn shame such an awesome story doesn't have hundreds more reviews, and you deserve the feedback.

P.S Dragon Age and L4D are awesome. If you like DA, do you play Mass Effect?
fmcmahon4 chapter 26 . 10/29/2010
I was looking for a little bit more with this chapter, but it's nice to know that Scott is still going to be around and kicking. Hopefully the next chapter has Harry and Scott actually wake up and then begin planning on how to take down Voldemort. I have noticed that up until now you've pretty much stayed in line with JK Rowling's book, but I'm curious to see how much you match up with Deathly Hallows with the rest of your story. Looking forward to future chapters.
173 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »