Reviews for That Terrifying Momentum

Please update soon
kitiem3000 chapter 24 . 8/23/2010
Great chapter
jamesdf chapter 24 . 8/23/2010

Another excellent and riveting chapter.

I can see the possibility of Dumbledore's most idiotic plan in the history of plans failing straight away because of his own arrogance in holding all information to himself.

It never made any sense, in canon, to bolster the position of Snape as what use is a spy who cannot share the information he gains?
B00kw0rm92 chapter 24 . 8/22/2010
Oh, ack! What a cliffhanger! Please update soon!
Omega Warrior 42 chapter 23 . 7/13/2010
Love the chapter titles in this chapter, both of them. A way I found around the formatting craptasticalities: use a line of x's for your break, instead of stars or dashes. It is the only thing I've found that still works and doesn't look too bad.

Having read the entire story so far, I say that Scott DEFINITELY makes me think Steve Blum, with his younger self sounding closer to Spike Spiegel and his older self sounding closer to Vincent Valentine. It's the attitude that does it, I think.

The last few scenes of this chapter remind me of an old Bloom County cartoon, where the infamous Bill the Cat smokes every last cigarette a chronic smoker owns at the same time and one of the characters loudly comments in the last panel: "BILL'S BAZOOKA-BARFING!"

Great stuff, man.
kitiem3000 chapter 23 . 7/2/2010
This is quite amusing~!
fhippogriff chapter 18 . 6/26/2010
Favorite lines:

Flitwick assigned Scott to writing lines (I am a wizard, not a water balloon).

And the last line: "I've had about enough of this being-a-kid crap," Kharan grumbled. "I don't know how you guys put up with it."
fhippogriff chapter 15 . 6/26/2010
I have really been enjoying your story. I found it a week or 2 ago, and I've been reading it straight thru (taking time out for a final, in summer of all things). I've had several old favorites update during this time, but I've had a hard time leaving your story to catch up with them. I've enjoyed the crafting of your story. At this point, I guess we're still in the set-up and the characterization part. And I really want to know what's going to happen to these people. Teaching Harry what a gun sounds like... It's all very interesting. I've had to suspend disbelief that fate would give Scott a job but not all the info, and he has to wing it a lot, but I'm willing to go with the plot. A nice long enjoyable story. I've had a lot of laughs through it, and I like Scott's rambling quotes. I like both Scott and Harry here, and you are very generous to HR. Thanks for the great story.
freshwater57 chapter 23 . 6/23/2010
On the PS site, jediprankster wrote:

"Hmmm... It seems I should have read the other reviews and your responses before positing my theory about the meaning of the title."

...and you responded:

"Why would you even bother? Surely there's little entertainment to be found in the reviews for work that isn't yours."

Au contraire, silly rabbit. Reviews for your fic are often entertaining, and your responses to those reviews are twice as often also entertaining...feels a little bit like corresponding with Scott, actually...a bit.

I enjoyed seeing how Scott handled the trip to the cave -except for the icky parts about dead body bits in the water: *bleah*...but then, I am a girl.

After all the stories showing Scott to be practically invincible it was surprising to see him so affected by the potion...or was it the dead body bits in his mouth? **bleah, again** While I like the twist of Dumbledore remaining alive and well (at least until they return to the castle) I am concerned about Scott giving his knife to Harry...will Harry actually use it? Also, the handover had a tang of "here, I wont' be needing this anymore", although I don't truly expect to lose Scott at this point in the story. Still, seeing as he hasn't taken well to using magic so far, it may be that magical potions (or body parts *bleah*) can affect him in ways that brutal physical force cannot...?

As always, looking forward to the next chapter...
B00kw0rm92 chapter 23 . 6/17/2010
Wonderful chapter! ACK! Scott HAS to be ok! Can't wait for the next update!
xScottx chapter 23 . 6/17/2010
I will actually read this story soon, see how it is compared to your RE story. Eh my name was suprising lmao. Patronucharm for a better site to host your fic on.
freshwater57 chapter 22 . 6/16/2010
Hi, I'm freshwater from the Phoenix Song site...the one where I can no longer log in and make reviews or contact authors...the one where I keep registering with a new name and they keep saying they'll send verification to my e-mail address and never do.

Anyhoo, I finally figured out that you had posted TTM on other sites and that I might be able to contact you that way. RE: your need for a beta reader...I understand your unwillingness to lose a regular reviewer...on the other hand, as a beta reader I'd just continue to review, only earlier in the process. Of course, the decision is up to you, but I'm still interested if you're still in need.

Love the new chapter on Phoenix Song, andwill watch for it on this site so as to be able to review. **wanders off muttering about how the PS site could use a visit from Scott and his infamous Blue stuff...**
Omega Warrior 42 chapter 5 . 5/18/2010 THIS is interesting. A multiversal custodian, sent to keep things running along smoothly and minimize casualties. Rock on.

As an aside, I somehow see in my mind's eye your main OC having the voice of Steve Blum. Kind of fits the somewhat laid-back, in control badasses he usually voices. Maybe that's just me, but it seems to fit the bill and pay it.

Good stuff, Caleb Nova. Good stuff.
B00kw0rm92 chapter 22 . 5/17/2010
WONDERFUL chapter. Man, I love Luna! Can't wait to see what's next!
167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »