Reviews for That Terrifying Momentum
freshwater57 chapter 23 . 6/23/2010
On the PS site, jediprankster wrote:

"Hmmm... It seems I should have read the other reviews and your responses before positing my theory about the meaning of the title."

...and you responded:

"Why would you even bother? Surely there's little entertainment to be found in the reviews for work that isn't yours."

Au contraire, silly rabbit. Reviews for your fic are often entertaining, and your responses to those reviews are twice as often also entertaining...feels a little bit like corresponding with Scott, actually...a bit.

I enjoyed seeing how Scott handled the trip to the cave -except for the icky parts about dead body bits in the water: *bleah*...but then, I am a girl.

After all the stories showing Scott to be practically invincible it was surprising to see him so affected by the potion...or was it the dead body bits in his mouth? **bleah, again** While I like the twist of Dumbledore remaining alive and well (at least until they return to the castle) I am concerned about Scott giving his knife to Harry...will Harry actually use it? Also, the handover had a tang of "here, I wont' be needing this anymore", although I don't truly expect to lose Scott at this point in the story. Still, seeing as he hasn't taken well to using magic so far, it may be that magical potions (or body parts *bleah*) can affect him in ways that brutal physical force cannot...?

As always, looking forward to the next chapter...
B00kw0rm92 chapter 23 . 6/17/2010
Wonderful chapter! ACK! Scott HAS to be ok! Can't wait for the next update!
xScottx chapter 23 . 6/17/2010
I will actually read this story soon, see how it is compared to your RE story. Eh my name was suprising lmao. Patronucharm for a better site to host your fic on.
freshwater57 chapter 22 . 6/16/2010
Hi, I'm freshwater from the Phoenix Song site...the one where I can no longer log in and make reviews or contact authors...the one where I keep registering with a new name and they keep saying they'll send verification to my e-mail address and never do.

Anyhoo, I finally figured out that you had posted TTM on other sites and that I might be able to contact you that way. RE: your need for a beta reader...I understand your unwillingness to lose a regular reviewer...on the other hand, as a beta reader I'd just continue to review, only earlier in the process. Of course, the decision is up to you, but I'm still interested if you're still in need.

Love the new chapter on Phoenix Song, andwill watch for it on this site so as to be able to review. **wanders off muttering about how the PS site could use a visit from Scott and his infamous Blue stuff...**
Omega Warrior 42 chapter 5 . 5/18/2010
Hmmm...now THIS is interesting. A multiversal custodian, sent to keep things running along smoothly and minimize casualties. Rock on.

As an aside, I somehow see in my mind's eye your main OC having the voice of Steve Blum. Kind of fits the somewhat laid-back, in control badasses he usually voices. Maybe that's just me, but it seems to fit the bill and pay it.

Good stuff, Caleb Nova. Good stuff.
B00kw0rm92 chapter 22 . 5/17/2010
WONDERFUL chapter. Man, I love Luna! Can't wait to see what's next!
B00kw0rm92 chapter 21 . 4/5/2010
WONDERFUL story! I've never actually been to Phoenixsong, and I get confused with too many sites so I'm just gonna review here if that's ok. You don't have to answer. Anyway, this is definitly a unique stort and I really love it! I can not wait for the next chapter!
xaphanea chapter 20 . 3/30/2010
As always, this chapter was fantastic! :) I absolutely loved when Harry took the potion, your description of the universal shape and it's physical effects on Scott... damn, it was so interesting, and finally gave some real tangible insight into the skills and purpose of a Kharadjai. And of course, all I ever wanted in the Harry Potter books was to see death eaters get wasted by machine guns. _ *standing ovation* Can't wait to read more!
Barefoot Bohemian chapter 19 . 3/17/2010
Now, I loved this story up until Hermione turned psycho. I can't keep reading. She makes me too angry, and now Ginny is starting to act similar... I kept going, hoping that the bitchiness would decrease, but I can't keep going anymore. The only likable characters here are Lila, Scott, Harry, Ron and Luna, while everyone else is either really infuriating or a sort of empty shell. Please don't take this as a flame, I don't mean it that way. Some of Scott's lines really made me laugh out loud and repeat them to my roommate, who actually hates fanfiction but enjoyed the lines ("You're the load your mother should have swallowed," for one). Your grammar is fantastic, and I didn't catch any structural or spelling mistakes, which is pretty awesome. I love your writing style and the chapter length is really, really impressive.

Thanks for your contribution to the fanfiction world.

With all due respect,

BB
Sash'Rahaal chapter 20 . 3/15/2010
I loved the attack on the house. It's so well orchestrated, and I was never once wondering exactly what was going on, which is a problem with many action sequences in writing. Looking forward to your next chapter.
TimeShifter chapter 20 . 3/15/2010
Scott got Dumbledore to accept that he'll be killing Death Eaters? Wonderful! The mission was a great read; I like seeing how unprepared Wizards are when dealing with Muggle technology. As always, it's great to see you updating. Ginny's moving towards "single," Harry got the memory, and Scott has some poisoned mead to follow. I'm curious how much of this will come up in chapter 21. See you then!
TimeShifter chapter 19 . 1/25/2010
Wow, what a chapter! I was greatly entertained by the play between Harry, Ron, and Scott this time around, and enjoyed Ginny finally playing more than a side role. The writing was particularly wonderful this chapter, and I was incapable of stopping at any point. The ending was a sad one, if only because there wasn't more for me to enjoy. As always, I'll be looking forward to the next segment, but far more so after such a wondrous chapter as this!
M.Savage chapter 18 . 12/1/2009
Wow this is a really interesting fic! Love Scott's character, great element you've added to this AU. I'm rooting for Harry and Ginny to get together soon, but I trust your judgment. Update soon.
xaphanea chapter 17 . 9/21/2009
"A small price to pay to see you shit your own pearly whites." That bastard is so witty. _ Which means that you are. I was so excited when I checked my email and there was one in there from telling me that you had uploaded a new chapter. I am so addicted to this story it's ridiculous. :)

Anyway, my thoughts. First off, blowing up death eaters with a claymore? *applause* It's like a dream come true, lol! I can't wait to find out who it was that got pelted with shrapnel! The delivery was awesome, too, where you just kind of threw it in the reader's face ('a claymore in the lilies'), unexpected and pure awesomeness.

Second, Hermione's take-charge attitude, finally! I've been waiting for her to really step up and smother Scott, forcing him to tell her what she wanted to know. Of course, I as a reader already know all of what he told them but it was nice to feel Hermione's frustration ebbed a little.

I suppose I'll stop rambling, anyway. _' Of course, what else is there to say except keep writing and I can't wait for your next update! A good story is like a drug to us book junkies, so fanfiction is like another fix after the original runs out. Bad analogy I guess, but you get what I mean. :) And I don't know if you need your ego stroked any more, but this really is the only HP fanfiction I've come across that has held my interest enough to read and stick with the whole thing. Keep it up!
174 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »