Reviews for Idle Fancy
Evil Riggs chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
Fantastic opening line.
fishbunny chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
As I began reading this, my sister thought it a perfect moment to blast that shit she calls music. So I went to the cupboard, took out the biggest knife I could find, and... well... you know where this is going.

But seriously, Lynny? OH-MY-GOD. I had NO idea you'd upload this tonight. And it was better than anything I could ask for! When I opened my e-mail and found that update, my heart skipped a beat. And when I clicked on the link, I GIGGLED. Like a school girl. I fucking giggled. Yes. Hmm.

In all honesty, I think about Skunk's treason a lot. It's a strange topic, a very small part in the movie, but never the less a dramatic key point. How different it would turn out if he didn't pull the trigger. Or rather, get someone else to do it. But kill, nevertheless. And YES. I do wonder: Did he have any remorse doing it to Lamp? Did he think about it, as you portrayed in this story. Was he even friends with Lamp? But that's the magic with fanfiction. Because to me, the answer to all those questions is yes.

But unlike what you mentioned in the author's notes, I couldn't pick up exactly where it took a "180," except maybe if you count the "oh poo" part, which I know you obviously wrote on a different day you wrote the first few paragraphs. And wonderful physical description! I do question that, whether Skunk thinks about his ugly-ness, whether it makes him sad, or jealous on the point of anurism on the Duke's part, that handsome bitch.

It's a beautiful thing, Lynny, the idea you've introduced here to people. Out of an administration someone could hate SO much, could there really be something to make you go, "Okay. Let's think about this for a minute. Should I do this?" A person, maybe? Lamp is the voice in Skunk's head, the voice of reason. The idea of Lamp, to Skunk, not Lamp himself. Sometimes, I believe, Skunk doesn't think of him as a person, but merely an obstical his fragile heart can't get around. And he stupidly mistakes this for a bad thing.

And yes, Lamp wouldn't have any fashion sense. It humors me to think Skunk would use the word retarded, and I LOVE how he mentally rolled his eyes.

To let you in on a secret, my heart is still beating so fast. I get so excited when you share with me a new story. Thank you. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! For being a good friend, and the best writer in the world.