Reviews for The Shell of a Soul
HeadbangGirl chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Oh my god! I almost cried!

You do prefer sad stories, don't you?

Éowyn's suicide is a little strange, I think. I mean, I can understand why she did it, but it's still strange... I just can't explain why I think it's weird

At least they were happy before :)

If I could die I think I would prefer the way Éowyn died in this fic, in the arms of the one you love (cliche, but still...) or in my sleep Anyway, if she were to die, I think this is the best way for them to say goodbye :)

x
CrazyAboutTheEldar chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
Hi. Always glad to help where I can. Some nit picks first, then I will comment on the story as a whole.

1) This is extremely AU, please mark it as such.

2) This is pretty well thought out suicide on her part. I find it hard to believe Eowyn would ever sink to this. This is not the Shieldmaiden we know in the books. Faramir however, is wonderfully written.

3)she stood facing him with one hand supporting her weight against the door, the other grasping the hilt of a sword that had been thrust into her stomach.

“It is done,” she whispered, letting the knife fall from her quaking hands to the cold stone of the chamber.

Is it a sword or a knife? Be consistent.

4) You have her by the door to the balcony, then suddenly she is standing by the foot of the bed, then she runs out the door. Very jarring.

Ok, my overall impression is that it is very well written, your imagery is very deep, and I wonder if you don't write this from some personal experience with bleakness. However, half way through I lost interest and had to make myself continue. It just wasn't enough to keep me involved in the tale and seemed to drag. I did not get a true sense of Faramir's loss or Eowyn's despair. But it's not bad, you just need to work on getting your readers feeling the character's angst more.

I give you a 7. Could use a little work, but pretty good.
Bloodied Wings chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
GAH! ANGST! *jumps out a window* ANGST! It was glorious. My heart hurt at the end. Or maybe it was the Jack in the Box I just had. But either way. Equally moving.
Violin Ghost chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
That was bitterly depressing. No, I just can't imagine Eowyn doing something like that, if only for the importance she gave duty- wouldn't it be her duty to stay with Faramir? And isn't Faramir enough reason for her to live and be happy? *cries*

Beautifully written.

Violin Ghost
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Very sad. I liked Faramir's telling the dying Eowyn about Miriel of Numenor.

Congratulations on your hundredth fanfic!
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Poor Faramir,this is so sad.