Reviews for One is a Lonely Number
Susicar chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
"One day when the gunshots sounded it might be more than a recording or a dent in his bowler..." Well writen, bravo for the poor Emma. Steed is ugly when don't say he "is" Gordon. I alway think so. You have a great hability for the "codas". Please write more like this one (Sorry the language)

Congratulations.
Sac-a-puce chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
I loved the scene you brushed. BitShifter's point - about its plausibility - is well taken, but your touch with dialogue is spot on. Thanks for sharing!
digitalfletch chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
What a charming story! Very true to the characters, and a nice little coda to one of the best Avengers episodes ever.
Koneka-Guardian chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
I had always wondered if Mrs. Peel was ever furious with Steed for not giving her a warning. I really wonder if she ever broke down afterwards, when she was alone?

Koneka
BitShifter chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
I really liked the way you wrote this scene. However, I just re-watched the episode, because I couldn't remember Steed 'keeping her in the dark.' While Steed was pretending to be Gordon pretending to be Steed, he did two important things to tip her off: he asked if the members of PSEV were going to torture her (which if they said yes, he would have presumably taken action immediately), and he broke a glass in the fireplace, to ensure she had something to cut her bonds, a move that absolutely screamed 'I am the real Steed.' Yes, he could have said something when he was close to her earlier, and I admit he may have been a little sadistic by teasing her that way right before he broke the glass, thus 'revealing himself'. But it never really seriously occured to me that Mrs. Peel would not at least suspect he was the real Steed, though I admit she would have a small level of uncertainty-but not enough that it would cause her such absolute distress. Anyhow, I really wish I could write emotional scenes this well-as a guy, I can't seem to tap into my 'sensitive' side sufficiently...
8472 chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Fantastic little fic here, please carry on writing your avengers stories, they are great!