Reviews for Better Late Than Never
ExNarutoFan chapter 1 . 1/9
That was a good read and definitely something I could see happening in the original series (although they'd probably wouldn't add the part with Arnold knowing Helga loved her or hearing her babble out loud during her dream). Definitely felt like I was watching an episode of Hey Arnold though. Kudos!
Ohsoclever1 chapter 1 . 12/13/2020
First of all, I like the summary: “I mean really too late. You can’t get any later than this.” Lol it made me click on this story. Good job.

So, I usually take notes throughout the read, so the author can see my truest reaction.
Here we go...

I like how you introduce Helga here. It’s very descriptive. Also it's so sad that she is having trouble reading since she was such an advocate reader.

The concept of her being an elderly woman is very clever. This concept really surprised me (I like that). When I read the summary I thought this is a story of her trying to confess her feelings before Arnold got married. I never seen this coming.

Damn, it’s sweet and sad af! That she has loved this boy this many years and hasn't told him

Fav line: "Come back here you little whippersnappers, so I can deck you!" Still the same ole Helga and I love it.

This Cab driver is such an ass. This is well done showing Helga is still a badass yet her body can’t deliver like it use to. This is very good.

Wow, they straight up said "Dedicated to Helga G. Pataki a lost soul." just wow.

Arnold and Helga bumping into each other is perfect. I hope they didn’t break anything seeing as they usually bump into each other pretty darn hard.

I just love this interaction between the Helga and Arnold. I love how they are speaking like real old folks and yet themselves. So well executed. Oh no, Phoebe is gone!

I was shock slightly when Arnold said he married Phoebe, but on a surface level they had some real similarities, so I could see it. But damn 10 grandkids?

Wow! Poor Phoebe. I really appreciate you showing the pains and struggle of friendship break-ups.

Helga knows she is stubborn. Never taking again because of an argument? Oh, Helga. I get it- whenever it came to Lila x Arnold it drove her bat shit crazy.

You are so right Arnold is mellow until push. That boy loses his temper especially around Helga and people forget.

Second fav line: “Helga, this is no time to go to sleep. What were you trying to tell me?" I know this is sad moment, but you mixed humor very well.

I was about be like no you didn’t make this a dream, but I can appreciate how this wildly detail dream is true to the show.

Oh nice! Arnold around knew. He paid attention! To her confession unlike the show where he be acting like he don’t be hearing it. So, your Arnold is a better Arnold in that aspect.

This is just the cutest freaking ending. Wow! I love to see it.

Fav line: “OK Football Head. But it better be the 4 words that I am expecting, or you're going to have a date with Ol Betsy."

Wonderful read. I truly enjoyed it 3
RonaldM40196867 chapter 1 . 12/9/2020
Helga should take a comedy club.
Pistal9189 chapter 1 . 10/17/2020
Ok you really got me at the beginning, I was like dang, Helga really is to late! Then I was like, he married Phoebe? So happy to find out it was all just a dream, You really had me fooled, as I read the end, I was Awwwww! It Melted My heat, this was souper cute !
diamondiva chapter 1 . 7/19/2020
LOL really cute.
bugdork chapter 1 . 7/9/2020
This was cute! At first I was confused why so many people were disrespectful to the elderly and why Phoebe chose to marry Arnold despite always being loyal to Helga, but the fact that it was a dream explains why. Helga's projecting the worst case scenario to scare her into doing what she fears the most. That includes becoming an old woman, people disrespecting her, Arnold marrying Phoebe, and Phoebe dying of a broken heart because of Helga. It's her worst case scenario played out as a nightmare. (I hope I got that right).

Half way through, I thought there'd be another reveal that their nine-year-old selves was the dream, and old Helga would wake up in a hospital bed with old Arnold by her side. Thank God that wasn't the case and Helga wasn't actually too late.
Lady Shadow92 chapter 1 . 3/20/2020
wow that was a crazy dream. still i think phoebe and arnold would make a nice couple. he just seems to be able to get along with written
storyteller362 chapter 1 . 1/19/2020
Ahh, you don’t know how happy it made me to believe the first part was just a Dream. How cute! Great fanfic and can’t wait to read more.
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 1 . 10/29/2019
Wow, I remember reading this when you first posted it. I thought I left a comment, but hey, great story!
LP Luna Phantom chapter 1 . 6/19/2019
Definetly an excelent story! I don't know why I didn't read it before.
PlayOutInTheRain chapter 1 . 1/3/2019
This was a very good fic! I like it!
Ms.AnaMaria chapter 1 . 10/16/2018
This was an adorable story.
DeepVoice'06 chapter 1 . 7/22/2018
Adorable story!
Em Pataki chapter 1 . 6/4/2018
That was sweet! Even if Helga did move away, I don't think Phoebe would marry Arnold. She's always been loyal to Helga and respected her feelings. It was just a dream though, so any crazy thing can happen lol. Nice story :)
Laylion4869 chapter 1 . 5/7/2018
I sent you an email but your mail is full so I'll just let you know that this was perfect. Possibly my most favorite short Hey! Arnold! Fic. I'll prepare my heart for that warning you sent me. 10/10 would read again :D