Reviews for Verbal
Shannz chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
This is one of those fics that I clicked on having no idea what to expect and had the pleasure of being thoroughly and splendidly surprised at the content.

This was such a great read. Dean's running commentary was so wonderfully done and so FUN to read. Too many times to count did I burst out laughing. You really manage to capture the quicksilver thought process that I imagine him to have. I could have 'listened' to him go on and on for hours - though I started to feel for the poor boy as his throat became raw and while he continued to talk in his sleep.

As someone else said I really applaud your writing of Sam here. At first I thought dean really WAS going to spill his guts and we'd get to read it. Then it soon became clear how much doing so would really cost him. I'm so glad that Sam is as tuned into his brother as he is and is so ethical on top of that. It really would have damaged their relationship I think if he had taken advantage of the opportunity presented.

Loved it when Sam put his hand over Dean's mouth - everytime. His amusement at first was adorable. Lots of wonderful insights into Dean. Don't know why put his purposeful seeking of outgrageous motels to see if John would notice just really touched me.

As for the ending...loved, LOVED the kiss. Nice imagery to be sure. But...I think I missed the correlation that Sam made to end up at that conclusion. Not that i'm complaining - i just usually can follow an authors reasoning and I missed a beat here.

Anyways - lovely. I read Red too and will review when I can. It deserves more than a hey! good job, I loved it - so i'll make time to let you know exactly what I enjoyed about it as soon as I can :)

-shan
Motherlyclucker chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
HAhA! This is the second time i'm reading this and I love it even more!
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
“Are you saying that it’s my curse?”

Could be. You ever wish Dean would tell you stuff, open up a little?

Oh man. Sam kept his eyes on Dean, who had come three steps closer, head cocked to the side, trying to get a sip of coffee in between the wisps of verbiage. “Yeah. I’ve said it half a hundred times in the last week alone.”

Loved the story and the twist that it was Sam that cursed his brother all because Dean wasn't able to give him what he needs.

Dean's thoughts were silly and pointless at times but always buried in there were his true feelings of pain and loss...I love how everything always circled back to his dad.

I was also happy to see that as much as Sam wanted to take advantage of Dean's plight because he wants so desperately to see whats inside his brother, he stops Dean from talking knowing that he would be violating his brother, stealing what Dean doesn't want to share.

"For Dean to trust him enough to tell him. For Dean to open up, for him to show Sam what was inside.

What would it feel like to truly give that?

The kiss Sam gave him was long and shocking, as it was meant to be. He had to make it count, had to invest it with all the warped longing and suppressed emotion that cloaked everything Dean did. Sam had to give it back.

So I read some reviews to this story and I was surprised at the reaction to the kissing scene. I didn't feel that you were going for Wincest or anything other than pure brotherly love.

Sam needed to break the curse on his brother, a curse that was supposed to bare Dean's soul and open him up for Sam to see...Dean's shields had been stripped away and Sam had to give it all back and he did with a kiss comprised of all that his brother had lost.

I have to admit the kiss was unexpected and I needed to reread the scene a few times to fully understand that what had been lost needed to be returned. I think that scene was beautifully and cleverly written and I hope that I understood it as you had intended.

I absolutely love this story and especially for getting a peek into Dean's soul...I love that you just gave us glimpses and didn't allow us to see everything because part of the reason why we love Dean is that he's such a mystery, a puzzle to solve and I'm not ready to have all the secrets revealed.

You are a brilliant writer and this was an amazing story. Thanks!
Hanz the Bunny chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
Okay, so this was hilarious, and I thought you kept them in character very well, but I really do NOT get the ending at all, Walt Disney leads to Sam wanting to make out with his brother? I honestly wished there wasn't wincest in here (mostly cuz I think it's wrong and gross) but I'm not going to rag on you for that because it was still a wonderfully written story.

But please, explain the ending! I'm so confused. :(

bunny
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
That was excellent. Clever, unusual and thoughtful. The dialogue (and what a lot of dialogue), was spot on. You really managed to keep Dean in character.

Well done!
JennK528 chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
When you first posted this, I made the mistake of starting it before I had to go to work. And realized I wasn't going to be able to finish reading it, and then I did a bad thing - I skimmed it. Which is a *very* bad thing to do to such a good author as yourself, and such a wonderful story. I apologize.

So I just (freakin' finally!) went back and read it this morning, and it's just as brilliant as I knew it would be, when I got around to reading *all* of the words...

Funny, and painful, and oh so exquisite, and oh, Dean, you break my heart, and Sam, there to break the curse. Oh, boys.

I love your writing. I'm so glad you are generously bestowing your talent on creating SN stories. Thank you!
brighette chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Somehow missed this one. I loved it, though I'm one of those who found the ending confusing. Here's my understanding - am I right? Basically, like in the stories, you break a curse with a kiss (frog prince, sleeping beauty, etc), so that's why Sam did it? Or was it Wincest? Because it came out of the blue and I'll admit to scratching my head and rereading it a few times.

Anywho, still great job! If Dean really did have to spill his guts, I think you captured what he would say. And I loved Sam's curiosity but respect. Dead on.
Izzy4 chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
I loved your original approach to the age old Supernatural Fanfiction problem - how do you get Dean to talk/open up to Sam but remain in character?

I normally approach 'humorous' pieces with caution but this one made me smile in all the right places. You managed to built in the tension of the initially amusing ailment becoming a debilitating curse very well.

I like my brotherly love to stop short of Wincest, so the ending was OOC from my point of view, but I can see how it worked within the overall plot.

An excellent story. Thanks for posting it here.

Izzy
November'sGuest chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Oh, Lord. I am dense aren't I. I re-read the ending and re-read it, but I'm not sure I quite "get" it. It had to be a reciprocal gift, right? So, what it would be like for Dean to tell Sam all the words he wanted to hear was the same as Sam giving Dean a kiss? But, why? Was the point that one of them longed to kiss the other because they had those kinds of longings? I feel so stupid asking, but I really want to know.

Okay, totally was laughing out loud, making my hubby give me dirty looks and all...even rolled his eyes once and said my name in a 'please don't act so silly' manner. But some of that stuff was darn funny stuff.

But, man, that truly would be curse, especially for someone like Dean. I think you captured that and Sam's sympathy/guilt really well.

Good job, very entertaining and at the same time what great insight into the boys...sorry I'm so thick that I messed up the ending, lol.

Nicole
bjxmas chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
Wow! Complete? I don't think so...I want to know what happens next? Please!

I kept thinking of Siman Said when Dean couldn't control what he thought. Picturing Jensen again portraying that angst and non-control, plus your excellant Dean ramblings made this story so funny, insightful, and engrossing.

I loved all the flashbacks to the western TV shows and Dean's wayward thoughts. I'd really like more, especially some insight into what did happen after Sam left. What did go on between John and Dean. Irismay42 again recommended this story and kinda let me know the shocker at the end, I just assumed it was a John thing so you did still shock me. Great job as usual. Take care, B.J.
carocali chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
So much to love about this piece! I love the on-going temptations of Sam to delve deeper into this brother's brain. And so many wonderful pieces of dialogue and snips into their lives:

"I once heard that they have a bunch of bison horns left over from the big hunts in the 1870s, but that’s bullshit. Think they’d keep crap like that? Doubt it. Tatanka,” and he curled his fingers into little horns on either side of his head like in that Costner movie. "

I almost did a spit-take on that one. I was a HUGE fan of Tatanka. Great callback

"Looks more like a cochlea in the book. Yours looks like that big snail from Doctor Doolittle. The musical, not the one with Eddie Murphy. I liked that musical. And the pushme-pullyou. I always imagined you and Dad like that thing, both pulling away and going round in circles because you two were too fucking stubborn for words."

LOVED that! The pushme-pullyou is a great analogy for Sam and John's relationship.

I have this love for Bobby as well. The character is really the father figure type the boys deserved. He's still rough and gruff, but there is a softer side to him that truly loves these boys. And I love the way you write him.

He also has this keen ability to separate himself from the situation. I loved how they did the trickster episode on the show and how they needed Bobby's cunning to cut through the BS of it. Again, he comes through.

And then, poor Sam. All he wanted was for Dean to open up, and that damn trickster gave him his wish - ten-fold! The morality kicked in and he realized the gift he had would undo his brother. I guess he gave a little back there as well.

And then the kiss! If you're gonna break a curse...

Charming and witty. Another wonderful read!

;D

Caroline
SciFiNutTX chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
Still laughing over that one! Great job! Adding to Haha!
mcatB chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
I want to know what kind of curse YOU were under! LOL! All that Bonanza folklore and little tidbits of trivia... I loved it! Poor Dean... This was lots of fun. Thanks!
IheartPadalecki chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
Ek I loved this ;D
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
I had an incredibly long review typed out praising all the building intimacy you put into this, but I wasn't logged in when I hit the button, and poof it was gone... So, I love the forehead to forehead part, belly button cutting part, returning OCs, pin prick, singing along with whatever, and what an ending!

Very cool, thank you:)