Reviews for Harry Potter and the Chained Souls
Kyralian chapter 31 . 7/16
So, I've reached the end and I must say that I haven't read such an awesome story in a great long while. The depth and complexity of the plot was amazing. Many other stories are largely one-dimensional and concentrate on a single idea, but your stories are many-layered and complex. The characters are very realistic and their emotions plausible. I especially liked that throughout the story Snape and Harry remained themselves. The plot was uniquely fresh and I even think that I much prefered your years 6 and 7. Both stories made me cry and laugh and I trully loved them.

About the language: it's always a chore to me to read stories, even interesting ones, which were written in sloppy English. I'm happy to say that there is very little to reproach you for in that respect. The stories flow easily, the vocabulary doesn't become repetitive or laboured. It is also mostly correct, showing the amount of time you must have devoted to proof-reading. In Enemy, I don't think I've spotted a single mistake. In Souls, there are some prepositions missing, but for a story of this magnitude there are relatively few mistakes.

I'm overjoyed at having been able to experience those incredible and heart-wrenching moments. Thank you for the gift of your writing talent.

One mystery remains, where did Hermione apply for a job?
Kyralian chapter 17 . 7/14
What absolute idiots!
Anguiculus chapter 31 . 6/29
Oh dear. My heart! I loved this story! Extremely well written and a great characterization too! Thank you for giving me such a good time! :-D
P.S. What jobs did Ron and Hermione get?
envythenight chapter 31 . 6/20
I loved this story. Most fics of this sort that I come across either characterise Harry wrongly (too childish) or Snape wrongly (too soft). You managed a very difficult balance (imo) between keeping these characters true to form and yet also managing to push them together in a way that never (could have) happened in canon. The 'chained souls' idea for Voldemort was ingenious. I've read some decent guesses/alternatives as to how Voldemort made himself immortal but this is honestly the first where I've thought that this could have just as easily been canon. I have to say, I am very curious as to how the seventh book fit into this for you - it seems you must have started writing it before the seventh book and yet it reads so much like it /could have been/ the seventh book.

I was heartbroken over Snape's sacrifice (and relieved at its result) and I have to also say that I very much enjoyed the Afterword. Often third person Afterwords can be a little removed/dry but I was reading this one and soaking up every word. You have created a very realistic world here, and I commend you.
ANNA chapter 21 . 6/13
Oh! So that's why Snape pulled away when Harry grabbed his hand! His eyes widened and everything because it gave him the idea of the Healer's Gamble! It wasn't from hating human contact! Gosh, this is like the third time I read this and I finally realize this now! Btw, this is one of my favorite stories EVER it is the first fanfic that I actually read in entirety. ITS SO AMAZING! Everything got resolved! I was afraid it wouldn't but it ended beautifully! Have you ever thought of being a writer? Your ideas are genius!
The Seaberry chapter 31 . 5/29
Thank you, thank you, for The Enemy Within and for this. A lovely couple of weeks reading both, and pretending it was ten years ago reading a new HP book for the first time.
This was one of the best servitus mentor fics i have had the pleasure to read. Snape was clearly shown a bully that he was portrayed as in the canon, but what i truly loved was how harry was shown, his forgiving nature clearly shined here. And played well with canon.a fic id like to read again and again.. :)
123anime chapter 31 . 3/26
This story warms my heart every time I read it. So I just want to say thank you for writing it!
Pureblood Mask chapter 15 . 2/21
very nasty detention indeed lololol
DoctorSWHolmes chapter 31 . 2/13
I can say, without the shadow of a doubt, that this fanfic is the best I've ever read.
Thank you for making it so long to read ! :D
SeaTurtle77 chapter 31 . 2/13
Amazing! I expected no less from the sequel.
Obviously, you have taken liberties with Voldemort's strategy to escape death- Horcruxes weren't even mentioned. Though I must say, this means a far more exciting plot than a dramatic, ghastly Easter egg hunt in Harry's seventh year.
Knight completely took me by surprise. I assumed she would be like Professor Ryan in Enemy Within, and she gained my trust. That was sneaky of you.
Again, the emotional tension in this story was so real, and tangible. I usually don't go for stories like this, dismissing them as overly sentimental rubbish. Still, conflict between Snape and Harry was so believable, and their characters were so well written, I couldn't put it down.
I also never got the chance to commend you for the excellent job you did in portraying Harry and Ginny's relationship. I'm not a stickler for romance, but this was so real it hurt.
Overall, such an incredible journey. I'm satisfied with the ending you gave us, and it was kind of you to reconcile Snape and Lupin there. With that textbook except, you left much to the imagination, but that's a good thing. Keep us wondering.
D.A chapter 31 . 1/23
I have no other words to write, if not the most heartfelt "thank you" possible. I had not read something quite so good in years! Your characters were so similar to the books' ones that they made me feel at home, yet you evolved them enough to make them yours. An alternative so believable to the horcruxes and yet so coherent with DH's plot then, I wasn't even able to hope for it.
I'm so glad you wrote this story, I can't thank you enough, I won't forget it!
Hope to read something else from you, but in the meantime
Goodbye
Wonderful ending! I loved your two stories!
story2tell chapter 30 . 11/1/2016
Just finished rereading! Absolutely love it!
Macabre Kyr chapter 31 . 10/15/2016
This story is a fantastic achievement of excellent writing, characterization and plotting. You got each character down so well I felt like I was reading the originals when following their dialogue. I honestly think this story stand equal to the originals in a multitude of ways - even including the roundabout Dumbledore plot that had no chance of succeeding and did anyways.
Thank you for your work!