Reviews for Harry Potter and the Chained Souls
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 12 . 8/25
Are you going to involve Horcruxes in this story?
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 7 . 8/25
Why is Moody actin like this? He’d be happy that all these Death Eaters are dying. You’re making Moody OOC.
animalsarepeopletoo chapter 31 . 5/29
I’ve been reading Enemy Within and Chained Souls over the last few weeks and am so sad to have finished this amazing series. This is by far the most well written and in character fanfic I’ve ever read, with plenty of action and emotion that makes this feel like a real installment of Harry Potter. I love mentor fics, but Snape is often OOC, but your version of him is accurate to the series while giving him plenty of more depth and connection to Harry. I loved their rapport throughout this and I can’t express how freaking happy I was when you didn’t kill Snape off in the end lol… but seriously, you’re awesome and thanks for an amazing reading experience! Hope you’re still doing well today
slytherinsal chapter 31 . 4/19
Nice wrap.
I liked your use of a version of the Committee of Public Safety. I wonder if you read Scarlet Pimpernel stories?
Probably one of the masterly portrayals of Severus Snape in fandom.
slytherinsal chapter 29 . 4/19
Won't the Healer's Gamble save Severus?
ellyann13 chapter 31 . 4/7
I just finished this story. It was recommended by someone in the reviews for another story. I found it very interesting as I understand that Enemy Within was written before Half Blood Prince was released and Chained Souls was published before Deathly Hallows. I found the direction you took the story very interesting. I enjoyed seeing Snape's POV. I also loved that Harry got the chance to know and understand him. I also really liked the way you characterized Remus. I have often found his character to be underrated.

I found many of your plot twists to be both unsurprising and unexpected. Which is to say they were consistent with the story you were telling but not quite predictable.

Even your Afterward was interesting. And somehow you even knew that Harry would have a son and name him James Sirius. Did you have an advance copy of Deathly Hallows? (Since this was last updated 2 days before it came out.)
guest chapter 31 . 3/21
Hi, there! Saw your profile again; thanks too for the cat info.
guest chapter 31 . 3/21
Very, very good. You changed canon (as it was known at the time) in several quite inventive ways and deduced correctly not only Snape's role in the war but the reason for it.

You obviously thought far ahead in your plotting to produce a well-knit tale. All the characterizations were excellent and Snape's survival not only most gratifying but inevitable from previous events in the narrative. Not least, your English usage is supple and virtually error-free, far, far above the norm.

Highest kudos and many, many thanks!
guest chapter 28 . 3/21
Very clever idea to make HP's scar an early version of the Dark Mark. It's unique in my reading.

There is a "That does not compute" moment here, though. HP's intended conquest of TMR will effectively duplicate Knight's actions but in much greater numbers. I see no moral difference between the two methods of killing Death Eaters. If anything, HP's is worse since it'll kill Snape, who's now been fighting TMR for almost two decades. (I fervently hope that you didn't do that!) Dumbles, of course, views it with his usual equanimity after a few crocodile tears. What a surprise.
guest chapter 24 . 3/21
I rather thought that you had set up either Knight or Day (nice juxtaposition there) to be the killer - the nasty one as obvious or the "nice" one as a twist.

I don't understand, though, the previous self-righteous denunciations from all and sundry. Everyone involved in the struggle between Dumbles's followers and TMR's calls it a "war." The unknown killer was at first performing acts essentially the same as those of a sniper, killing enemy combatants from a position of advantage that each target does not and cannot identify.

Her later actions - killing the Morgan boy, planning to kill Draco and Obliviate Snape - of course, differ greatly from the earlier ones. Morgan could have been Stupefied and then Obliviated of that night's events, Draco hadn't taken the Mark, and Snape repudiated TMR and was still working against him. The boys' deaths certainly were and would be murder, and depriving Snape of his mind would be worse. Just my opinion.
guest chapter 1 . 3/19
Starting on the sequel ... forgot to mention before that I love your drawing of the displeased cat. If you're there and care to, please let us know in your profile if it was drawn from life.

Good start. I can see complications waiting in the wings: too bad too many people still think it's best to tell HP as little as possible. The form on that one is rather bad.
Pedant chapter 31 . 1/30
Love the story, great pace and holds your interest right through. Lots of interesting plot twists too.
The only thing that would make it even better would be to loose some of the obvious americanisms. It is after all based in the uk. They don’t refer to blocks, they have streets. You don’t order ale in the pub, you ask for beer, or cider or lager and you pay before you get the drink, if you want another you go back to the bar and order and pay.
Festivities are held AT Christmas/Easter etc not on. You talk or speak TO someone not with.
Never realised there were so many grammatical differences between uk English and us English until I read fan fiction
NikaJ chapter 31 . 1/15
Absolutely amazing and great series that you wrote. After a long time this was the story that kept me up untill 3 A.M just to read a few more chapters.
Nika
gabumon7 chapter 31 . 12/18/2021
Excellent sequel. I was freaking out last chapter you killed severus! Good bait and switch
Guest chapter 31 . 10/28/2021
This is one of the best mentor stories I’ve ever read, I absolutely adored it. The mysteries were excellent & so unique & interesting, I wish there was more! Absolutely loved it