Reviews for Harry Potter and the Chained Souls
Candlesonthetable chapter 31 . 6/4/2016
These are great, more people should read them!
LotsofLot chapter 30 . 6/3/2016
Yeah, read both stories again. And definitely worth reading more than once! They are just awesome.
GarnetMonsoon chapter 31 . 5/25/2016
Amazing!

I just finished this one, and it's prequel. (I think I may have read them in the past, so it's possible that I've reviewed this. Still, I thought I'd give it a re-read.)

This is the ONLY fanfiction series I've ever read that perfectly captured Snape and Harry's personalities. At times, the rift between them seemed unbearably trying, but that's exactly how it should be. I've always thought that if these two ever got close, they would fight it tooth-and-nail. And, boy, DID THEY. The constant building and destroying of their ties was frustrating, but I know it was necessary. They were so human. In so many fanfictions, even the fights between two people who are close get resolved too quickly. In these stories, you drew them out, like with Harry breaking in Snape's office, or what he did in Snape's mind. And that was so well done, I can't even put it into words properly.

They had to fight to learn to trust one another, and in Snape's case, himself as well. Seriously, if you told me you had a Ph.D. in psychology, I wouldn't doubt it. You have an acute awareness of their emotions, and their frame of mind. They were complex and simple at the same time. Snape's constant back-and-forth behavior, his attempts to push Harry away, even though he really didn't want to. The way he couldn't understand why he didn't want to push Harry away. It seems so comlex, but you made it so simple. He didn't want to hurt Harry, and he didn't want to hurt himself. He was afraid to be vulnerable, because he thought that in the end, Harry couldn't accept him. Because Snape couldn't accept himself. Really, it's a masterpiece, and so very true to their characters.

Good job on keeping a good amount of Harry's temper and impulsiveness. So many times I see people write Harry to be very submissive, or too cunning, or too child-like. But this Harry was the Harry in the books. Yeah, he could be irrational and impulsive, and he could hurt people because he didn't think. He made mistakes, and he sometimes repeated his mistakes. But that's who Harry is. And so many people forget that Harry is just a regular kid who's desperately trying to stay afloat in a crazy world of magic and murder. You were able to keep the subtle nuances that make Harry who he is. Flawed at times, not really very special other than his enormous heart. That was the whole point of Harry Potter's character, and I hate when people try to make him something he's not by making him super-powerful, or taking away his greatest strength - his love. This is the focus of Harry's character, which you executed perfectly in your story.

You did a perfect job of capturing their mannerisms, and the development of their relationship was extremely realistic. I wish we could've seen a bit more of them post-Hogwarts!

But all in all, this is probably the best fanfiction out there. I know it's been years since you wrote this, but I just had to leave my two cents. Anyway, rant over, sorry if I rambled too much.
Sreejun chapter 31 . 5/21/2016
I just finished reading both the fics today. And i have to say, this is one of the best fanfiction I've ever read. I know it's not exactly canon compliant but the characters are not OOC and the character development is perfect. Thank you for writing this fic and completing it.
Floor1998 chapter 31 . 3/21/2016
Amazing story! Remember how I send you a few days ago that I had read the prequel on this and I was curious for this story? You haven't let me down. However I am glad that there is a good end, I will miss coming home and going straight into reading this story. Excellent job you have done and good to hear that you still get reviews, and you even take the time to answer them. Just 1 question? Have you ever written books or has it always stayed with fan fiction? You got at least the talent. Thanks for writing this amazing story.
ColourPages chapter 31 . 2/15/2016
"Dumbledore really does have the worst luck with defence teachers" I laughed so hard!
TwoChromeStacks chapter 31 . 2/1/2016
Ok...that was amazing. I'm just gonna go curl up in a corner and process it all. Thank you so much for your wonderful stories!
Istielrin chapter 31 . 1/17/2016
Outstanding work!
Strategist01 chapter 31 . 1/15/2016
These two books have got to be some of the best writing I have encountered on this site. You manage to successfully build up the tension to defeating Voldemort like JKR did, without using the same plot devices. I was also able to pick up a few references to HBP here and there (Snape is a half-blood, wrote in his potions text, his house location, etc.), yet you didn't go for Horcruxes, which I greatly appreciate.

I had the same feeling reading your story near the end as I did when reading books 6 & 7! I think that this was partly due to your use of foreshadowing (Stinging Tentacula, All the Lily scenes, etc.) as well as the masterful use of tension.

Overall, this is definitely going on my list of fics to recommend, well done!
Altarian chapter 31 . 1/11/2016
I read lot of stories on this site, many of them I just read and they passed by. Then there were stories, which really moved me and I liked them a lot and I thougt that perhaps I should write a comment to praise the author. But I have never done so, not until this story (and the Enemy within).

Those two stories are on of the best I have ever read on the Snape/Harry mentor bond topic. I was truly fascinated, could not stop reading. I stayed awake long into the night and got up early in the morning to start reading again.

I enjoyed both the plot and your style of writing. It was really a pleasure to read this text - no appalling mistakes were distracting me from the story as is so often common with otherwise good stories on this site.

When reading fanfiction, I do not search for inconsistencies, I do not question motives of the characters so I cannot give you any constructive critism... but I seak pleasure and enjoyment and your stories have provided those in great amount.
Guest chapter 31 . 11/30/2015
u r brilliant. That's all there is to it. : )
Guest chapter 31 . 11/27/2015
Great story.
You actually gave substance to JKR's love being the greatest power and showed it in a myriad of forms- compassion, forgiveness, friendship, etc. Sure at some points things did become a bit too sugary with too much emphasis on those topics and less on reality but for the most part you did very well to keep things balanced. The bond between Snape and Harry took its time in growing with Harry's persistence shining through and Snape himself regressing not believing in himself and all giving things a realistic feel. Sure sometimes Harry seems too sage like in his effort to forgive and all- as concepts they are ok but much harder to implement but anyways those are minor things.
At points I believe things were a bit too biased towards Snape in an effort to redeem him but for the most part things were good. Unlike stories where they demonise the Marauders to show Snape in a better light, you showed them all as humans who make mistakes (though at points I believe you were a bit unfair on James and Sirius).
All said and done a fantastic piece of writing.
Madder chapter 31 . 11/15/2015
This was absolutely brilliant! A very original take on the prophecy and Snape's role and the final battle! I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it (finished it in a day in fact) even when I found Harry supremely frustrating! Poor Snape - he inspires all sorts of tender feelings in me, which is odd, given how mean he is. I love your epilogue too - it was very clever indeed (but I'm curious as to what careers Ron and Hermoine and Ginny went into). Thanks for the lovely fic! I could read a million more of these fics on Harry and Snape.
Guest chapter 17 . 11/15/2015
I love your story, your plots and your Snape, how he hasn't gotten any softer, for all that he now cares about Harry. But Harry's characterisation troubles me somewhat, he seems to have gotten very hard... It seems like his recklessness wasn't at all tempered by Molly's death and the attack in Hogsmeade. He seem to have forgotten the danger his friends go through for him. Doesn't he remember that it was Hermoine who spent weeks in the library researching wild leads, or else they wouldn't even have gotten to Dorset? And then to accuse her of giving up! And then Hermoine nearly died at the cottage but he still hasn't opened his eyes. The Harry in your story has access to so many adults, it doesn't make sense for him to sneak off. Last time he snuck off Sirius died! Where is the regret?
delia cerrano chapter 31 . 10/7/2015
You kept Ginny with Harry in this sequel huh? Still don't like her...probably not reasonable I know.
Love the relationship between Harry & Severus though. I loved slash so that would be my choice for them. Second best is the mentor or father type like your two stories. I was hoping maybe Remus and Severus would work out some how...both very lonely, very smart with really bad lives before Harry and the end of the war.
884 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »