Reviews for When You Put Your Arms Around Me
Lisette chapter 3 . 5/2/2007
You know, with this chapter I'm reminded, once more, on why I love your writing. Your wit, your sarcasm, and amazing dialogue truly bring your writing to life and have me grinning and LOL on many the occasion.

“If I wake up and you’ve bailed on me, I’m hunting you down and hugging you.”

Seriously, GREAT work! You do an amazing Inner-Dean, and you manage to keep both boys in character - or in an even better, more colorful character that are a true delight to read.

WELL DONE! :)
K Hanna Korossy chapter 4 . 4/29/2007
I've seen something along these lines in other fandoms, but not in SN and not done this well. It was thoroughly believable, and nicely developed, as we figure out with Dean what's going on. I love how not a victim Sam is, and not about to let Dean sacrifice their partnership to protect Sam. I wouldn't have minded a tad more visible emotion when the curse is finally broken and Sam lives again, but the story was touching and subtle without being total mush, and that's plenty. I especially love Sam's revenge on the witch (and Dean's reaction), and Sam's threat to find and hug Dean if he runs. Perfect.
Onari chapter 4 . 4/28/2007
Hey there!

"...grimaces at the way his voice sounds (because it kind of sounds like he’s been chewing a plushie, and damn if Dean isn’t totally over that metaphor by now)." I'm telling you, my dear, you have a gift. LOL

"Goddamn, Dean is going to kill Sam (goddamn, Dean is going to kill Sam). “Why do I gotta do everything?” he grumbles, and OK, so maybe he’s whining just a little, but he feels like crap and it’s Sam’s fault and he can’t see the freakin map and he’s plotting a route to a site of mystical convergence so that he can kill Sam and his head’s pounding like crazy and goddamn Sam is a freakin asshole." Wow, Amen!

"“We should,” Sam says, and shifts his weight, and wow, actually he’s kinda leaning on Dean pretty hard now. “We should, Dean, I think maybe we should sit down.” Dean would say something about how sitting down in a foot of scummy water is a really fucking dumb idea, but he can see the way the colour’s draining out of Sam’s face, making his cheeks look even more flushed, and he shuts his mouth for once in his life and carefully lowers them both to the ground (or, you know, the water)." Aw, I'm so loving this!

"So now all Dean’s gotta do is stop Sam from slipping under the water and pay attention for the moment when his brother (dies) stops breathing." Okay, let's say that I knew the plan and what was going on and all, but it was in this sentence that it hit me fully how fucked up this must be for Dean!

Oh, you finished it! Great story, babe. I would have liked to read more about Sam's recovery, but hey, I loved every single word!

Thanks for sharing,

Love xx
friendly chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
awesome story.. that was great...
Left Hook chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
The BEST PART of this fic was totally Manny. I LOVE that Dean brought an ambulance. Priceless! I love when the boys are smart! :)
Ciya chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
Sam and Dean go through all that crap and the get their revenge using parking tickets? LMAO!
Nana56 chapter 4 . 4/26/2007
This was an awesome chapter in an awesome story! I just love the way you write Dean's thoughts...really great.

This chapter was really full of suspense about the whole dying thing. Your words put it right out there in front of my eyes and my skin even felt it.

Really great job! Thanks so much!
JazzyIrish chapter 4 . 4/26/2007
What a fabulous end to one of the best fics I've read. There is so much detail in this chapter, that I feel like I'm riding in that car, standing with Sam and Dean in that godforsaken pond, and panicking along with Dean in that ambulance. Yeah, it would take a drunken Dean to even begin to agree to Sam's plan. I do believe that he would rather live in a cave than to take the chance of not getting Sam back. You would think that maybe they would come to the conclusion that they should travel separately, but oh well, we wouldn't have such high drama that way, would we? Just loved every moment with them on the road.

What a wonderful short story, and I think, the perfect length. An ingenius premise combined with extraordinary storytelling. As I've said before, you have a way of getting into Dean's head in a unique way that I love so much. Thanks for sharing this magnificent story with us. You are a truly amazing author.
sasha2002 chapter 4 . 4/26/2007
I freakin loved this story. The brotherly banter was awesome. I really liked Sam's frustration over Dean's unwillingness to go with his plan. I liked that Sam called him on it. Also a delerious Sam is a delicious Sam.
Catasauqua chapter 4 . 4/26/2007
Hehehe Alcohol on the doorstep. Good one!

Loved Manny! (OK, maybe he's a little deranged, but Sam already knows that so there's no call for that level of shock) LMAO

You did an amazing job with this chapter! I cannot even pick out parts to quote. Everything from the drive to the lake to the de-fib. Loved it all. Thank You.

Catasauqua chapter 3 . 4/25/2007
Another great chapter!

Haha ..it's actually tomorrow...he's still got all the cash and condoms he had in his wallet...so it doesn't look like he missed out on anything fun.

Moving on...

Catasauqua chapter 2 . 4/25/2007
OMG I gotta say, I didn't see that coming! Must hurry on to next chapter.

Catasauqua chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
Oh, Dean! What have you done? Didn't anyone ever tell you not to kick a dog(or witch) when they're down?

Hehehe Sam's smug about it(fever), like for once he's got proof that his cold really is worse than everyone else's.

So sad. Dean almost prefers more serious injuries because whenever Dad or Sam looks at him and doesn't really see him - it's like the worst thing he can imagine.

Great story so far. I like the way you have Dean explaining why he's doing things to ?himself? (because he figures maybe it'll calm Sam down a little, obviously, Sam's a girl like that)

Off to next chapter.

carocali chapter 4 . 4/25/2007
Oh Sammy, you little devil you. Parking tickets! That's hysterical!

Really enjoyed your take on the curse and how to fix it. But what happened to Manny? I so wanted to see Dean holding the gun over him and forcing him to save Sam. Alas... it did not happen.

Great stuff, as always!

:D

Caroline
SciFiNutTX chapter 4 . 4/25/2007
Great ending! Really enjoyed it! (Hubby kept asking if I was okay as I laughed at the laptop.)
124 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »