Reviews for The Heart of the Matter
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 3 . 2/26/2008
Late to the party as always but here now none the less...just found this excellent story and it has to be the best BUABS tag I've read. Really loved it, excellent idea and great writing. Liz x
Rat chapter 3 . 1/16/2008
holy carp, that was awesome. Great writing, great tag. Totally in character.
gidgetgal9 chapter 3 . 9/26/2007
Hey, I printed this one and read it today while my kiddo was in gymnastics class. Wow, what a concept, that totally makes sense. Poor Sam, and Dean, Meg really did a number on those two. Great idea, loved it!
Rachelly chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
This was awesome! I don't know how I could have missed it when you wrote it! I just loved how you explored the boys' feelings...how Dean loved his bro but somehow was still angry that Sam hadn't stopped Meg from hurting him...and then realized that maybe his brother couldn't cuz Meg may have locked Sam in when she locked herself in. It was so sad how Sam carried the weight of what happened...blamed himself and so sweet when he totally took care of Dean. He's such a great little bro! Loved the scene where Sam calls out, Dean pulls over and Sam has his heart attack! Yikes...total limpSam/angsty Dean. The hospital details were great...poor Sammy having a heartattack and being strung out by Meg...It was great to read your take on this. I really think Meg would have abused Sam while in him just for spite and wondered why they didn't explore that more on SN this past season beyond the drinking and smoking. Maybe she'll be back for more next season? Great job! Great read! ~Rachelly
Allegra chapter 3 . 8/3/2007
How did I miss the updates on this? A truly fantastic story. I love the 'preferred parking' line! It's nice to see a story that handles Sam's feelings of being a burden so well. Poor boy! He doesn't half have us all beating on him - it's just so much fun!
bubblesquirt chapter 3 . 7/28/2007
If only he could tell Dean he was okay then maybe they’d take this tube out of his throat.

-This is so sad. I've had a family member in the hospital with a tube down their throat too, and it's a hard thing to see.

“Sh, it’s okay. Everything’s going to be okay,” Dean’s voice soothed next to his ear. And he believed it. His big brother would find a way to make it better. He had faith. He just wished he was more deserving.

-And this is sad because Sam is feeling so unworthy of everything Dean wants to give him.

But he took no satisfaction in seeing his brother jump or in watching him turn his head aside as if in shame.

-Aw, Dean yelled at him? You wrote Sam's reaction perfectly.

But Sam had really blown a gasket when someone had jostled him outside of a gas station and Dean had pummeled the poor man’s face before he knew what hit him.

-Hahaha, now THAT'S protective!

“I’m sorry you think I overreacted. But I have to do what I think is best to protect you,” Dean said in explanation. He normally wouldn’t try to justify himself but he wanted to make the look of pain disappear from Sam’s face.

-Aw...

He looked into Dean’s face with such sorrow it was hard to breathe.

-Again, I love how you write.

For the first time since Meg had hijacked Sam’s body and taken it out for a wild time, Dean watched his brother’s dimple appear.

-Aw, your wording is just so awesome.

Great story! I'm so glad I found it and read it :)
bubblesquirt chapter 2 . 7/28/2007
I love how you write! Here are some of my favorite parts:

Too bad this hadn’t hit while Sam had been in bed this morning. He was going to be sporting some nasty bruises after introducing his face to the pavement like that.

-I love your details and wording!

“He’s clean!” Dean exclaimed with barely concealed hostility. What kind of Podunk hospital was this? His brother needed help and they were asking him stupid questions.

-Um, yeah. You got defensive!Dean down!

Sex with complete strangers, enough alcohol to stun his liver and snorting lines of cocaine until his nose bled. He wanted to curl up but he couldn’t make his body obey him.

-This is so so so sad. But this theory is brilliant. Obviously Meg would take matters into her own hands when Dean wouldn't shoot his brother.

“He’s really cute and he has a gorgeous body. But you can tell he’s a total player,” one of them said. “It’s really a shame. He looks like he’d have everything going for him. Why would anyone abuse their body that way?” the other one sighed.

-Aw... My poor poor Sam!
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
So.. Sam? With an industrial piercing? SO HOTT. My boyfriend has one, so when I read that I was totally like, WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THAT? Seriously, kudos for you!

So this is totally full of angst and what is wrong with Sam's shoulder? You captured Sam's feelings of guilt perfectly. Great first chapter!
funkyspunk chapter 3 . 7/3/2007
wow hi!

i really liked this little fic you have here xDD

so its under faves hehe.

sorry this is such a weird review. just know i liked this piece of work.

funky
rozzy07 chapter 3 . 5/6/2007
I am so glad that you gave back me back the brothers shouldering their burden together. The thought of Sam believing that Dean would be better off without him near broke my heart. All they have left is each other and I loved how you nicely resolved the fissure that had grown between them with Meg's possession of Sam with this very emotional driven chapter. Wonderful story telling.
rozzy07 chapter 2 . 5/6/2007
OMG Poor Sam, whatever that demonic 'Meg' did with his body whilst possessed is certainly having its consequences now. Drugs and alcohol (tatoos and pierings aside) exposure to the extreme has caused an MI and now we have him having to go through detox. That kid is going through more than a rough time isn't he? And Dean having to finally understand the facts of what his brother's very innocent body was put through...well not nice is it. Great chapter.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Sorry for the late review but my what a fantastic chapter to feast on (damn the alerts when they go down..!) The damage done to both brothers on Sam's demonic possession is being explored so deeply here. Great chapter and as usual delicious inciteful storytelling. Hot-footing across chapter 2 to feast on some more.
Magnificently-In-Love chapter 3 . 5/6/2007
great job! amazing! i loved it!
Ghostwriter chapter 3 . 4/27/2007
Awesome. Simply awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
Goodfairy chapter 3 . 4/27/2007
I've really enjoyed this fic, thankyou and please do another one soon
71 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »