Reviews for What I Lay Down
mabidiso chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
How, I ask you, how could Raito not realize that L would have made plans within plans within plans for every last single variable and permutation that could possibly occur? He planned for his death LONG in advance, giving his heirs the knowledge and tools they would need to end Kira. How could that damn Kira ever believe that simply killing L would put an end to the game? Life and death as a game. Damn geniuses.
The Wandering Blue Andalite chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Gah. You know the squiggly tangled lines, Anime characters get inside of thought bubbles over their heads? Well, I think am I experiencing one of those mental moments now. I am eighty nine percent certain of this. This story was a very moody, yet warm, and completely bittersweet. My mind spins at how well this was written, and it makes me mourn L all over again.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
my god. i really almost could cry. that was beautiful, it needed no pretty metaphors or anything else, just the force of feeling expressed combined with the setting and scenario was enough to be utterly moving. bittersweet at its best.
o-banana chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Ach, bittersweet but lovely nonetheless.

Favorite line: They are possibly the only two humans capable of that particular expression, so L would know.

Great work,

Bleep
Azamiko chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
I love that last line. The rest of it is fascinating, but that...
phoenix of hell chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Sweet, but it's the kind of sweetness that hides something biter, and serious. Interesting, how you presented them, in character, and very nicely written.
a dreamer's attic chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Very nice. it is not often I find Raito x L fics where the characters are IC.
Smoking Panda chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Lovely- Very powerful last line. -
ojuzu chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
*applauds* You got L's thoughts down perfectly. 'If only...somewhere /else/...' Beautiful. Thanks!

Lilz
GhostGlider chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
Wow, I love the way you wrote this! I tend not to like slash that alters the character's personalities but I think you did a wonderful job keeping them in character. That was really something, for L to do that...
ryou-falling chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
You captured these characters SO very well...and the strange, bitter-sweet would-have-beens of their relationship that I love so much...ah...good fanfic...
Nemurenai chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
This made it totally worth skimming this fandom tonight. It's very clear, quite well characterized, and it also features a good grasp of technical and figurative skills. The parenthetical note in the sixth paragraph seemed strange, but by the end it's just about forgotten in the face of everything else. Thank you.
aoh chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
wow, that's a beautiful lxr for once! keep writing!
Serria chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
I really liked this portrayal of the relationship between L and Light. It's not just fluff, it's almost sad and it has substance. But at the same time, it makes me smile. L doesn't seem like the type who would precisely separate Kira from Light - he's known since the beginning who he was, the problem was simply whether or not he could prove it. Thank you for writing this fic. :)
Decorinne chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
Oh wow. This is good. Really good. You have a definate talent for writing L*L. Keep it up. This is going straight to favourites.