Reviews for Splinter
piratelore chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I like the twist you added to the idea of faith, and the sacrifices required in return. Her reflection is particularly poignant here.
P.O.KILLER chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
excellent, I really loved it! Your style is hard to pin down for me, since it changes slightly every time. . .im soo jealous.

I really have no stand out qualms, since your so talented, so kudos!

-Dead Pollen

(seriously about to break her broken keyboard)
Disalae chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
I like the idea of this story and using Quistis, one of the more ambiguously characterized people in the game to tell it. It's fitting, in that way. I love thinking about memory and what it is, blame it on the classes I've taken, so I really enjoyed this. One part struck me as a little repetitive, when she speaks of the equation then basically says the same thing again right after. As well, I love the idea of the memory with the GF, and the faith fits but I don't really feel it is the main theme, I think her memory is. That's just me, though. Well done!
horsecrazy2 chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
I think that was a pretty good conclusion, actually. I really enjoyed this; I'm a reader who loves description, and your imagery in this was really beautiful. I read your Seifer one shot before this, and thought you got into both their minds really well. Look forward to seeing more from you.
irishais chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
I really liked this; you've got Quistis's voice of uncertainty, and her sort of self-loathing down perfectly. It's quintessentially Quistis in a way that most writers can't do well, and you've done it. It's a side of her that we don't normally see, and you've done it very well.
Ryfee chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
Love this. I love the idea of breaking the mirror and when you find the pieces in the next day, you don't know how or why you broke it - but you did, and the pieces are there. So cool.

The idea of having faith in GF, beautiful.

The last two lines were also so goddamn pwnful. Great job.

I would have left a longer & better review, but my eyes are already burning now. Sorry.

Thanks a lot for entering & good luck! (:

mchlv; felia.
SecondCalling chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
Loved it. Powerful, dramatic, and well-written. Excellent job!
ADarkknight chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
Just, wow. Nothing else to said. sad that in the end the one mutilated was Quisty
Heligoland chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Mm, pretty and frightening. Always the best of combinations in my mind.

I am quite intrigued by the something she did wrong that no one has made her answer for (because of her power maybe? and I love how you left it ambiguous there). Your conscience can always point a finger at you and tell you "wrong" but what to do with it is the ageold question - and that idea is just made so much more intense by the GF involvement - what do you do with it when you don't even know what it is? Very interesting.
Raskol chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Umm. Wow. You rock. XD

I usually do typo-spotting and stuff, but I couldn't find anything first time through. Good job with that.

Your writing style is absolutely wonderful. Very good; flows well, and all that. There's a slightly poetic tint to the entire piece, and, since I'm a sucker for poetry, I liked this very much.

The concept itself is good. The way you described GF summoning as more of an act of faith than as just pure magic and all that gave the entire process a realistic undertone that is just wonderful.

And...Ha. Enough babbling from me. Favorited.

Nice job. I'll be checking out the rest of your stories now. :P