Reviews for The Edge of Morning
Chocolate-Covered-Coffee-Beans chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
Simply wonderful. Thanks for sharing this! :)
Etrangere chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Wow what a gorgeous story. The writing is so lush and bittersweet and haunting. (also yay! background Genis/Seles 3)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
I love this fic so much that I can't make a coherent concrit. the references, the poetry, everything is just perfect.

barefootbean chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
So, as it stands, I've read this story several times now, but have still not left a review because this fic always manages to leave me at a loss for words.

I just absolutely love the way you wrote the dynamic between Colette and Zelos, and the gradual descent for Colette in her loss of innocence. It was very... I almost want to say depressing because she's a child at heart, but strangely, I found it to be tragically beautiful instead. I also appreciated the bit of Zelos/Sheena that went on; I thought it complimented both their characters extremely well, and in terms of everyone else that made an appearance in this fic, I thought the characterization for them was perfect, as well. I loved your Seles - she is perfect etc...

Now I'm simply rambling because I don't know what I can say to describe how much I loved this beautiful fic in its entirety, but I figured if nothing else, I thought the sentiment of knowing readers like myself are reveling in this would be something to brighten your day.

Right. Dumb tl;dr aside, beautiful fic, beautiful, gorgeous style of writing, beautiful cast of characters to write about; I think I am in heaven.
scatteredmaple chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
This is probably the best story in the whole ToS section. You write EXTREMELY well.
She Who is Woe chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
thanks for the fic! i loved it, one of my favorite pairings, too. too bad there's not a lot of it.
Apakoha chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
This is honestly one of my favourite fics ever. Whenever you write one-shots like these (Benediction also comes to mind, it's so unique and lines have grabbed at me that have stuck in my mind ever since I read them when they were first published on the site. I think this fic is what made me a hardcore Zelette fan. It works, it's beautiful and I would love to see more stuff like this anytime.
Rinas chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Complex, thought-provoking, and above all, heartrendingly beautiful.
Alliriyan chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Really entrancing. I can't offer any crit, so here's lots of admiration instead. _
Paosheep chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
This was fantastic.

Exactly the right word.

Fantastic.
ChaosGriffin chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
The hell? I haven't reviewed this yet?

Well anyway, I would like to inform you that I read your fic monthly (if not more often) and I would say that your characterization is perfect, and the passing of time was downright seamless.

I would like to see more Zelette from you, but I'm not a beggar I'll take what I can get.
ArtemisUndergoingMitosis chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
That was absolutely gorgeous. The tone was wonderfully sad, and I cried as Colette danced through the streets of Meltokio. The rhythm of her words through that scene was perfect. I don't think I have ever seen Zelos/Colette written more convincingly than here. I loved how Colette changed over the years. Her loss of innocence was perfectly tragic. I don't know what else to say; I wish I could give you some constructive criticism, but nothing comes to mind.
crazyvegimab chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
I really, really enjoyed this.

I've fallen in love with your writing style. It speaks in riddles almost and makes my mind stretch for connections. It's a bit hard to read at three in the moring, but enjoyable none the less.

Yes... I like this very much so.
firedragongirl chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
WHOA! :O This was a super-special-awesome story! :D I really love how you put the 'chapter' kind of thing into parts so we won't have to click, and I like how you set it into different points of view... or something like that. XD I really hope you'll type more like this! I'm having so much trouble finding Zelos x Colette stories! :D Type more like this~ XD
Azalee chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
WOW.

I want to be at least a bit constructive about this and say more than just "this is freakin awesome", but it's hard, I'm kind of speechless.

I love the fact that they're both still "children", I love the importance of Seles, the relationships with all the other characters... The part where Colette is drunk is freakishly eerie, I was terribly impressed by the brutality and bluntness of Colette's words, it's beautiful and her explaination of Martel broke my heart.

Aannd the first time they dance and Zelos remembers just *what* he's been doing with the hands he's touching her with right now and he suddenly doesn't want to 'stain' her.

(doesn't help that I squed when I read "all the white horses" 'cause I love Tori Amos's "Winter", I'm not sure that's where you took it since you didn't mention it but AWW. the themes-thing between the parts are awesome)

... I still don't get what the heck happened to Lloyd and how the clerics can still be alive, though. :S

faves (and it seems i wasn't that speechless)