Reviews for Recall Alice When She Was Just Small
Sailor Pandabear chapter 31 . 10/28/2014
interesting, good and gritty
Tobiume chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
Even in this very first chapter, your characterization of Dudley is very good. I like that he's annoyed by Petunia's nagging and hovering, but that he still cares enough to lie to her. I like "the trouble with the last few weeks of school...so Dudley really hadn't had a chance to further his grammar before summer" and his quick change of "fucking" to "fun". I like that he brushes off Harry's mean remarks about his size and that he's content and confident. We have talked about the fact that Harry is probably not the most reliable narrator, and anyway, everything is told through his eyes. I like that here Dudley is clearly not as stupid as Harry (JKR) makes him out to be.
Tranquillity's Chaos chapter 31 . 7/3/2013
Whenever I re-read 'Recall Alice When She Was Just Small', I feel like I've aged.

It also makes me think about my future, and the way things will be, and worry about who will really still be around. It's interesting, and never fails to lure me back, time after time, after time.

-TC
Skuld Odinsdottir chapter 31 . 4/11/2013
That was horrible, as well as horribly compelling. Dudley as a real person instead of a cardboard cutout.
Cherry Seraphym chapter 31 . 3/21/2013
A Dudley epic that is so much more than I could have hoped someone would come up with. Thank you for this intense and involving read.
TycheSong chapter 31 . 12/13/2012
One of the most amazing fics I've ever read. I've always thought Dudley deserved a better explanation, and you did so absolutely brilliantly. Really, really well done. Thanks so much for sharing! -Tyche
Hatheny Lurey Dralaw chapter 31 . 9/19/2012
This was an incredibly written fic. You really got right inside Dudley's head. All the characterisation was fantastic. I also like the end - it didn't go the way lots of fics tend to go, in that not everything was sparkly clean and happily ever after, and it mimicked the way real life (more than often) tends turn out. I really loved it, well done.
learned-extrovert chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
I seriously love this story. It was an interesting addition to the HP fan base, in that it showed a side of the story that not many people really think about.
im done being formal anyway the point is that i really liked it and yeah :)
bluemeanies chapter 31 . 8/12/2012
I stayed up way too late reading this. Good story
Rubberduck697 chapter 31 . 3/19/2012
Well done, and very commendable. I know a lot of people use the fiction on this site for "escape" and fantasy adventures, etc. but this little bit of gritty realism on the fringes of a magical world was just so unique (for this site) and very appreciated. Thanks so much for sharing, it was wonderful.
Rubberduck697 chapter 26 . 3/19/2012
I loved reading this chapter from Dudley's POV, I always wondered what might have happened to the Dursleys in their "hiding" and I'm so glad you wrote it. Favorite lines: "Great, Dudley thought. They're going to kill us in our sleep." and "So, how about that Yoko Ono?" asked Dedalus merrily. Haha.
Rubberduck697 chapter 24 . 3/18/2012
Just wonderful. Favorite line: "How cool and crazy would it be to tell everyone that he had to go into hiding because his cousin was wanted by some Dark Lord Voldiemore, or something!" Nicely done :)
Rubberduck697 chapter 7 . 3/18/2012
Wow, just wow, you really know your Dudley Dursley and your Dementor interpretation was spot on. It's just great.
Rubberduck697 chapter 6 . 3/18/2012
Oh my gosh, this is so messed up. I don't even know how you can stomach writing it, but it just makes me more impressed with you. Really, it's awful what happened, but inevitable, and just really well written. I hate it and I love it, your writing abilities are amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Rubberduck697 chapter 3 . 3/18/2012
Just so ya know, I think this is absolutely awesome. I NEVER would have thought of writing a Dudley Dursley POV that is so REALISTIC and so caveman. And honestly in the books he seems so flat but you've really developed him, haven't you? It's great! Brilliant, really. The fact that you can do caveman and layers at the same time is just... well, really I don't have big enough words of praise to express how impressed I am. But it's dirty and realistic and depressing and just wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing!