Reviews for Tales of Discovery
BiblioMatsuri chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
Quietly depressing.

No one can be as dumb as Jack acts in canon and still be trusted around anything volatile or fragile. If he isn't that clueless, then this fits perfectly.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Cute. I'd always wondered how that would have gone, if his parents had been around in the beginning. Darkfics aside, Jack and Maddie canonically accept Danny's non-human nature several times, most prominently in Reality Trip and Phantom Planet, without a second thought. Makes sense it would happen like this.
SerenSplash989 chapter 2 . 10/30/2012
I liked this one :) haha he was talking to a robot...
SerenSplash989 chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
I loved this one-shot! Kisses for you! Mpuah mpuah!
dragondancer123 chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
This could actually be a full out fic, but it's been a while since you uploaded it...still, I really love it. A totally different twist!

Hip to be Square,

Dragon
PhantomWriter2.0 chapter 2 . 8/7/2009
I agree with you. In the show Jack may be a goof, but if you're writing a more serious fic then he needs to have more depth. I also believe that even in the show, he's not as dumb as he seems. This was a really sweet story. You had me 'aww'ing at several points.
FantomoDrako chapter 2 . 10/26/2008
Oh my, you really DID submit something! Haha, just messin' with you. I was going to write something for DP Day of Angst, but my net got cut off for a month and I lost my enthusiasm...

I glad you wrote this for me to read though. Makes me feel better because I know Jack's a good-hearted guy.

Short, yes, but excellent! I love it!

Keep the tales coming,

Fantomo
bluename chapter 2 . 10/12/2008
You are right! it made me go "Aw" and I LOVED IT! at the end! because I really believed that Jack thought it was the real Danny!

AWSOME piece of work, as all of your writtings, so lovely *huggles Jack*

You almost made me cry by the way XD and I wsih I had known about this angst day so I could have written something u_u

but anyways I'm glad to find out you wrote something, and I enjoyed it much more than I thought!

have a nice day :)

-Blue
ShadowLord9 chapter 2 . 10/3/2008
You...You UPDATED? Head for the hills! It's the apocalypse! Maybe not, but THANK YOU! Now if only you could get the next chapter of Tortured Revenge up...

Actually, the funny thing is, I just read two other authors' Angst Day posts, and yours was actually longer than one them! The other author also usually posts really long chapters, too...

Anyway, thank you so much! Once I got the rest of these things read, maybe I'll actually update my own story for a change... Great oneshot! Keep up the good work! (or if that fails, just finish the stuff you have now! l )
Erratta chapter 2 . 10/2/2008
This /was/ a different kind of angst from your usual fare but I definitely enjoyed it. It's lighter, with undercurrents of humour, but still pulls on the ol' heartstrings.

I admit to feeling kind of sorry for Jack until the end, thinking that he was so oblivious to the Dannybot not being Danny and expecting an answer… and then he knew all along and it go so much more angsty! Good ending, in other words.

I like what Jack had to say here as well, though I can't help feeling at times that it's a little OOC of him, just the way things are worded. 6 But it's late, so maybe I'm misreading things…. Always possible.

Anyways, good story, and here's to more angst practice!

Esme
dizappearingirl chapter 2 . 10/1/2008
(On cue) Aw...

As soon as I grasped the scene I realized he was talking to robo-Danny and I was like, "oh no! Jack's gonna confess and talk and Danny doesn't even get to hear it!" I was so afraid he would take the silence the wrong way! BUT HE DIDN'T! Ha! Jack Fenton is much more observant than most people believe! :D It's nice when people write about him that way instead of the usual.

So, good job. Nice twist at the end. And really quite plausible.

-Dizgirl
CatalystOfTheSoul chapter 2 . 10/1/2008
Oh...Oh my God...the BEST piece I've read so far today, short but...my English teacher always says: "Writing is best expressed short and sweet. There is no need for unnecessary prepositions, detail, or word repeation."

So, a wonderful contribution to angst day! XD, thanks for helping flood the archives!

Catalyst
Shining Zephyr chapter 2 . 10/1/2008
OUCH, Frodo. That was really sad, actually. I'm reading and thinking to myself, 'I wish Jack could really talk to Danny like that. It was sad and angsty and I really, really liked it. You did a great job on this. I... wow. I'm at a loss for words here.

Shiny-sama
inukagome15 chapter 2 . 10/1/2008
That last sentence is priceless... *snickers* I've never heard of International Angst Day for DP fans. If I did, I might have waited to post my own angst one-shot. Oh well. *shrugs*

This could certainly be true. It's funny, too. XD

I'll be waiting to see what's next in this installment.
Chaos Dragon chapter 2 . 10/1/2008