Reviews for Survival
ZibbsForever chapter 45 . 9/30/2012
OMG! I absolutley loved this story its my fav ncis fanfiction out there!
ncisfan chapter 23 . 12/20/2010
just a comment, they speak Portugese, i'm not sure of that spelling, in Brazil not Spanish. but i like this story(:
GOTTA LOVE YOUR SHIPS chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
i love Ziva/Gibbs i have already read this story i really like it i was wondering if u could do me a favor and write more ziva/gibbs stories longer ones with romance i love this couple so much hence my name hehe but anyways i would really enjoy that just not tragedies or angst but all in all i really like this story 3 Zibbs
Aurelie G chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Love it !
Aurilia chapter 9 . 11/12/2009
Small quibble, but the Amazon doesn't have crocodiles - that region does have a similar species of animal known as a caiman, though, but caiman and crocodiles are two separate species. A caiman's jaw/snout is shaped differently and is more closely related to the North American alligator than other crocodillians. (Yeah, I'm something of a geek.)

Normally, I'd wait to say this until I'd read the entirety of the story, but you could benefit from having a qualified beta read over your work before you post. I've noticed a few times where you've split a compound word into its separate components and a few other places where the wrong punctuation was used. I know that a lot of fanficcers don't like using betas, mainly because they slow down the time between writing a chapter and receiving feedback on that chapter, but simple errors like that have a tendency to make it more difficult for a reader to really 'get into' the story.
Aurilia chapter 8 . 11/11/2009
Just a personal peeve of mine, but a legitimate grammatical concern, nonetheless: "breath" is a noun whilst "breathe" is a verb. You breathe. You take a breath. It is impossible for someone to take a breathe or for someone else to breath. I know it's confusing - especially since English has more exceptions to its rules than it has rules to begin with - but that's just how it is.

As I may have already mentioned, I'm not too sure I agree with the whole Ziva/Gibbs romantic relationship, but I am willing to suspend my disbelief for the duration of the story.

And it may be that I'm simply too tired to have read it properly, but something seemed off with the part where the doctor was removing the debris from Gibbs' leg. I'm going to leave off for now and catch some sleep, and when I get back to this after I wake up, I'll reread that segment and see if it makes more sense.

Thanks for the story thus far, and I'll catch ya on the flip-side.
Aurilia chapter 2 . 11/11/2009
Hmm... Not too sure if I like the whole Gibbs/Ziva thing (but I can suspend disbelief - that's one thing I'm really, really good at).
Aurilia chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
I'm a sucker for survival stories, so your summary has definitely caught my attention.

I noticed in your profile that you're from South Africa? I hope I don't offend, but is English your native language? Like I said, I don't want to offend - and this particular chapter is over two years old, so the minor issues I noticed may have already come to your attention and been corrected - but there are a few minor grammar issues you may (or may not) want to go back and fix at some point:

Firstly, generally speaking, unless you're posting a specific time (such as 0800 or 4:15), a telephone number, or a complete address, the numbers of one through ten should be spelled out (in more formal writing, the rule is that any number less than one hundred should be spelled out, but that rule has had a tendency to be bent over the last fifty years or so, particularly in fiction writing). If you need a fraction, it's hyphenated (for example, 8 1/2 would be written as eight-and-a-half).

Secondly, forms of address (whether spoken aloud, or merely thought) should be offset from the body of the sentence by commas. For example: "Ziva, do you know..." "My idea was, Gibbs, that we should..." "Honey, do you have the..." "No, dear, we should..." "Gibbs, sweetie, the car is..." "Dad, Mom said we need..."

And lastly, the term "ma'am" is an abbreviated form of "madam", the apostrophe takes the place of the 'd' in the middle of the word (yeah, it sucks if you're looking for a way to cut down on your typing, because it winds up being just as many letters as the normal word, but very few people actually use the more formal "madam" when speaking).

As to the story itself, I'm guessing that the guys behind the curtain will have something to do with our intrepid heroes winding up in the Amazon, yes? No, don't tell me. I like being surprised!

You seem to have key points of the characters' personalities down (Gibbs' tendency to bring along his own coffee and Ziva's almost scary ability to think on her feet) - I'm not seeing anything too out-of-character thus far (which is a lot more than I can say for most fics I've happened across that focus on these two particular characters!).

If I run true-to-form, you will probably see another couple of reaction-posts between now and whenever I finish the story, followed by a longer review of the story as a whole once I get that far. Normally, this would happen over the course of a few hours, but I've already been awake for far too long as it is, so I might take a break in the middle to get some sleep.

Okay, enough of my rambling. I'm off to see what you've got in store for the next chapter!
GloriaS chapter 45 . 9/29/2009
love this all of it it was great but the part of Tony and Jenny was too mush that is the only thin that i didn,t like but everthing else was so good
Lincoln Six Echo chapter 45 . 11/21/2008
All in all this story has a very interesting plot and the added bonus of a Ziva/Gibbs romance- this is a pairing I love.

However, no matter how much you like hurting your characters, I believe you are often carried away. I love hurt/comfort stories (and you should label your stories as such), but you carry them to the extreme.

Mind you, I like my heroes (Gibbs in this case) to get hurt, but I don't like when the story became an endless list of problems and medical complications. Especially then there are too many characters that end up in the hospital.

You have a lot of talent and imagination, but you should learn to dose the ingredients in your stories, even your love for medicine. If you exaggerate with the medical complications, you risk having readers roll their eyes, mutter "oh no, again" and skip those parts.

I hope you are not offended by these reviews. As I said, you have a lot of talent and I hope my words might help you to became an even better writer...

Keep on with the good job!
Lincoln Six Echo chapter 31 . 11/21/2008
The love scene was very nice and well written, but it would have worked better if you had waited longer before making them go to bed. Sorry, but I underwent 6 surgeries to various limbs and I know that even moving muscles apparently not connected cause terrible pain where the stinches are. I underwent 5 sugeries to tendons of my hands and I can assure you I could not roll my shoulders without feeling pain in my fingers/palms. Can you really believe a man as wounded as Gibbs would be so keen to make love? Can you imagine a woman as Ziva (whom, mind you was wounded too) would ride her seriuosly hurt love? Sorry, but I can't believe it.

Realism is important in writing, especially if one desires to get published. I have worked as an editor here in Italy, and this details are important in a story...all details are.
Lincoln Six Echo chapter 23 . 11/21/2008
FYI, Brazil is the only South American country where people speak in Portoguese, not in Spanish.
Lincoln Six Echo chapter 22 . 11/21/2008
Oh, come on! He is in excruciating pain, he is fevered, he is just woking up after a surgery and he gets aroused? Do you believe it is plausible? I wouldn't get aroused with the pain I feel after I return from a trip from the dentist, and Gibbs gets aroused after all that happened? Have you really been in pain? Do you know how it feels when you hurt so badly even breathing is a terrible, painful task? Well, I've been once, and I can assure you what not even Ewan McGregor in his Obi-Wan Kenobi's robes, Russell Crowe in his Maximus' armour and Mark Harmon in his Gibbs' clothes (just to name my 3 favourite actors/characters) would have aroused me at that time!

You stories start nice but then you get lost in all this exaggeration of accidents and medical complications and problems piling up one atop the other! There is a limit to how much you can hurt a character before it gets boring and/or unbelievable.
Unseen Watcher chapter 45 . 9/27/2008
Wow and I thought that /I/ put my characters through a lot. I liked it a lot, but you owe the lot of them a private cruise after all that! Family bonding time! _ Love the pairing and the family emphasis.
crokettsgirl chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
I'm not into the Ziva / Gibbs pairing. I like the Jen/Gibbs pairing. Will this story mainly be Ziva and Gibbs. You know my passion for Tony and Abby as well..lol...Let me know, cause I don't think I can read a story filled with Ziva/Gibbs...not that you aren't a great writer cause you are I just need more Tony and Abby too and I don't like the Ziva/Gibbs pairing so wanted to ask you about it...thanks Sue