Reviews for Guy Stuff
Ukkie chapter 6 . 5/18/2007
Hi Karen,

WOW,I almost forgot to breathe reading this very scary (but fantastic)story.

I'm terrified of heights and now I know I won't try to overcome my way!I just won't climb the 's much safer.

You wrote a wonderful story and you painted the scenery with your words.I "saw"them climb the mountain and I almost felt the earthquake!Beautiful!Thank you for entetaining me and I can't wait for more.

Hugs,

Nelleke
Ukkie chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Hi Karen,

I know I'm a bit late reviewing but I hardly had any time to read new I'm doing it now and I have to let you know that I'm scared description of the mountain and the heights make me feel as if I'm on that mountain I hate heights!Poor Starsky!I feel his fear and I understand it!I'd never climb this be terrified.

Love,

Nelleke
Elivalero chapter 6 . 5/16/2007
I love your longer stories, Karen. And I've enjoyed the angst and the vivid descriptions in this one.

Now, you have me wondering...What's Hutch afraid of? I hope you'll help us to find out...
Jan in VA chapter 6 . 5/14/2007
Hi!

This was one intense story from beginning to end. You had me FEELING the fear in "Starsky" and then in "Hutch" as he fought to save his best friend.

Thank you for sharing this one!

atrish1 chapter 6 . 5/14/2007
Karen...

You put us on a ledge! It was a harrowing experience. You did

some writing magic here on this longer story- taking your time to put us right up there - out there with the boys. I can't believe all the descriptive detail of action you put into this-it really was amazingly tension-filled.

But my favorite stuff was all of the wonderful banter back and forth- that sounded and made it feel just like a real S&H episode... a few of my favorites:

-"Wish I could put that fresh air smell in a jar." Hutch took in another deep breath.

"I'd like to put you in that jar," Starsky muttered under his.

"What's that, buddy?"

"I said - what else would you like to put in that jar?"

"I have your best intentions at heart, Starsk."

"Your best intentions could get us both screwed into the ground."

"Don't worry,buddy. I'll be following you over."

"Hanging on to our friendship so to speak, huh, Hutch?"

"Real poetic, Starsky

"Don't worry, Starsky. Durango here, he knows his stuff," Hutch soothed.

"What stuff?"

"Guy stuff," Hutch explained. "You don't like guy stuff, Starsk?" Hutch could see he wasn't doing to well in easing his friend's obvious doubts.

"Guy stuff is terrific. It's the fear stuff I don't like."

And all of the dialogue betw the boys as they huddle together waiting for help.

You've got great comical timing even in the midst of life's

troubles- thats what real people do- and it makes your stories extra special

see ya

trish
Kreek chapter 6 . 5/14/2007
The sentence that stood out most for me was one from chapter 1.

'He could feel it as if a bolt of lightning had struck the tower and passed through the metal into his own fingertips'

That is just b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Pure poetry. All in all lovely story. Oh and I like the end-note about your homework!

Kreek
Monika11 chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
Dear Karen,

You left me breathless after reading this intense, dramatic story! Your description of the earthquake and what's happening to them is written so vividly that I felt myself trapped on that rock near the cliff.

Starsky won't have lost his fear of heights though, but he knows that Hutch is always by his side - and I second Sparkle's thought about Hutch's fear: It's about losing Starsky.

Thank you for a great read!

Love,

Monika
aussie angie chapter 6 . 5/13/2007
thank you for a great story can't wait for your next story hope it will be soon thanks again.
ollie bear chapter 6 . 5/13/2007
Oh Karen,

This was great. I wish I could just copy and paste my favorite part for my review, but I liked it all! Just the right amount of tension, h/c and a little bit of humor. So S&H.

Thanks for writing and sharing. I am looking forward to your next story. An encore to this one?

P.S. I like the homework at the end. Hm What could Hutch be afraid of? Maybe tight spaces/crowds.
Sparkle731 chapter 6 . 5/12/2007
I really liked that story. Course, it didn't do much for Starsky's fear of heights. and Hutch's fear? that's simple. Losing Starsky.
Jan in VA chapter 5 . 5/7/2007

Where IS "Durango"?

We know a little bit more about how seriously "Starsky' is hurt now, but me thinks that maybe what you're telling us is tip of the iceberg kind of thing!

Do you think that "Hutch" had better look at his lines and anchors another time and make sure they are attached to the rock in case the ledge they are on decides to enter the Olympic diving competition...the 100 ft. dive competition!

ollie bear chapter 5 . 5/7/2007
Dearest Karen,

What an awesome chapter. Great "cliffhanger"...no pun intended. Am so looking forward to the next chapter, but I must say, I am very scared. I hope everything is okay in the end.

This was my favorite part:

Starsky blinked, his throat moving as he spoke. "I can handle it." He looked away, not trusting himself to keep a stoic face, and feeling Hutch's gaze burning through what was left of his bravado.

Stay calm just a little longer. Don't let him know you're near your breaking point. Starsky thought.

Very powerful story.

Hugs,

Debbie
aussie angie chapter 5 . 5/7/2007
thanks for another great chapter but how could you leave it like that hope chapter six will be up soon.
CatCrazy5 chapter 5 . 5/6/2007
Wow! What a whump-fest. Poor Starsky! I am enjoying your vivid descriptions. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Jan in VA chapter 4 . 5/3/2007
Hi!

This is a strange situation...it WAS Me and Thee...then when "Starsky" fell off the rock...it was just Thee...now back to Me and Thee again, but different. They are now dependent on someone else..."Durango".

Is it that "Hutch" REALLY CAN'T climb up off the ledge or that he doesn't want to leave "Starsky" alone? Wasn't sure.

What happens if there is another quake or tremor? Being on "solid" bedrock isn't a "rock" in a quake. I mean a quake IS MOVING rock and soil and who knows how badly "Starsky" is hurt internally (well YOU do right? GRIN!) with all the tumbling against rock, earth and of course the LANDING on solid rock!

I just want you to know ... don't feel as if you have to WAIT to post Karen...suppressing your creativity can NOT be a good thing! REALLY! I'm only thinking of YOUR welfare here! GRIN!