Reviews for Eden
AristokMargo chapter 49 . 8/12
And here, lads and gens, we see my favourite type of moralistic essays. Victim blaming.

Read these comments BELOW mine.

I don't even want to argue with her/him. But what amazes me the most is complete and utter disregard of psychology.

Stockholm syndrome.
Learned helplessness.
Psychological abuse.
Multiple deprivations.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. The whole list of traumatic experiences endured by the heroine might've changed her completely, way beyond your expectations. Which unfortunately some people couldn't even fathom.

How brave and smartass one can be, sitting home and reading fanfiction, imagining what she/he would do in Hermione's place.

Luckily and hopefully, this bunch of comments will promote this beautiful story further and let it be so
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 48 . 8/3
Honestly, she would have given him more time to live if she had left the knife in. You NeVER pull a knife out. Not until you’re at the hospital.
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 36 . 8/2
I hate how you keep blaming God for your dilemma. If you actually look back on the story, did you ever ONCE pray and ask God to help you escape? Help you get out of there? Or at the very least to help Harry defeat Voldemort so it would all be over? No. The only thing you prayed for is that Lucius would suffer as much as you’ve suffered….and that probably wasn’t a good thing to pray for since He did indeed grant it and Lucius is suffering over his pure blood ideals How you can not believe in God, I’ll never understand.
Most of your suffering isn’t God’s fault, it’s yours. You, who had so many opportunities to escape! You just simply had to get a wand (just grab it out of someone’s pocket before hexing them away from you. Quite simple really!) and get a vial of blood…from literally ANYBODY in that freaking mansion. Even Ron could give you some blood and you could get across the lake by paddling on a freaking raft!

“Without thinking, I turn to Lucius, gripping him by the arm…And without thinking about what I'm doing, I instinctively reach down and grip his hand in gratitude.”

Yes. This is literally why you’ve been blaming God for all the crap that’s happened to you. Because you don’t THINK about what you’re doing. It makes me gag. Seeking comfort from a man who treats his own child the way Lucius does is abominable. You’re not a abomination because of your birth status, you’re an abomination because of you choices that you “didnt have a choice” in committing *eye roll*
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 35 . 8/2
Yes! Way to go Hermione! I’m so proud of you for saying something about the children! Where has this courage been for the past few months? I love it!

And how can you say that Harry has let you down twice? He literally risked his life to save you and instead crucio-into Malfoy’s ass and running away, you let him stab you with a knife and then dropped the Wands. You could have let him stab you in the knife and then crucio-ed him with the wand again, but no, you just had to drop the only thing that gives you any power. YOU let Harry down.

Ok, you had that potion down your throat and you could have told Draco so many things such as “I hate your father. I never wanted to be raped.” Or “Why are you blaming me for this? I didn’t ask to be kidnapped, tortured, and threatened with possible death every day!” Instead she tries to tell Draco that poor Lucius was suffering through it all and never wanted all of this. Poor sweet man”. *Proceeds to throw up*
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 34 . 8/2
“So I'm trapped, then. Trapped in this horrible, twisted, futureless relationship with him…”

Girl, you seriously only considered 3 ways of dying before giving up. Surely you’re more creative than that.
If you’re going to go out; go out with a bang!
Next time you see Voldemort just walk up to him, spit in his face, and tell him that he’s the most ugly HALFBLOOD you’ve ever seen and that looking at him makes you want to throw up your food just to re-eat it if it meant you’d never have to look at his hideous nose again. ;) That’ll get you an Avada for sure. Sweet, simple, and no pain.
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 33 . 8/2
“'I know!' I say desperately. 'I can't… it's too difficult to explain, Ron. I know it sounds like I'm going insane. But nothing about the whole situation has ever made sense, ever.'”

Then MAKE IT make sense, Hermione! You’re smarter than any other kid your age in the entire wizarding world! When something doesn’t make sense, when there’s a mystery to discover, when there’s a puzzle to solve; you don’t just act like “oh well. It doesn’t make sense. Just accept it.” Or “It’s too hard to explain. No reason to figure out why, it’s just too hard.”

I hate this Hermione you’ve created. I hate her. She’s lazy. Instead of solving problems, creating solutions, and figuring out dilemmas she’s just a victim waiting around to die.
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 32 . 8/2
See, I don’t get why Hermione kept saying “I didn’t have a choice! I didn’t have a choice!” It’s pathetic. You ALWAYS have a choice. Always. The choices may not be many, in fact they may only boil down to one or two. But Hermione had choices from the very beginning and she chose incorrectly. She’s feeling embarrassed and ashamed because she should. Guilt is to the soul what a cut is to the body; it lets you know that something is wrong and that it needs to be fixed or you could die. If you don’t fix what you’re guilty about then eventually your feelings won’t tell you what’s right or wrong anymore. I feel sad for her. Hermione is my favorite character and yet this whole story isn’t who she is.
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 28 . 8/2
Oh my gosh, I was freaking out and I was screaming “Death is better! Death is way WAAAY better! Don’t do it. Life is important it’s true. But it’s the QUALITY of life that makes life worth living. Otherwise death is better.
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 27 . 8/2
“Hesitantly I raise my shaking hand up, reaching up to his face, just wanting to touch him, wanting to break that cold shield he's placed around himself. “

Why though?! Why? Leave the cold shield around him. Every time you try and thaw it he attacks you. Does she enjoy the pain? Is the Crucio like sweet candy to her? Where’s the sense of self-preservation and reason and logic? I guess all the intelligence she had was tortured right out of her. Poor girls doesn’t have two brain cells to rub together anymore. It’s a shame.

I did like the ending of this chapter though, when she was able to show some of her Gryffindor courage.
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 25 . 8/2
'Help me.'

Uhhh, no? No. Just close your eyes and allow yourself to drift off into peaceful slumber. Don’t worry about anything else. No reason to ask Lucius to save you since he’s already threatened to kill you before. Just….save your dignity. Good lord, this is just annoying. I didn’t feel bad for her the whole time she was getting tortured, just go see your parents! Death isn’t a bad thing! Face your death with Grace, woman! ARGH!
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 23 . 8/2
“What am I trying to achieve? What was I thinking by coming here at all?
Why didn't I just stay in my room?”

Honey, we are literally ALL wondering that. I would have wandered back down to the kitchens to hang out with Ron, myself. And then gotten into trouble once Lucius found me with him _

“‘I am going to dispose of you.'
I gasp in horror as the world comes crashing down around me. 'Please… no, you can't, you wouldn't-'”

Oh come ON, Hermione! Death wasn’t what you feared the most, remember? Death would be a sweet relief to all the mental, emotional, and physical torture you’ve endured for the past year I don’t understand where this strange desire to live is coming from. Your parents are dead and you’re slowly falling in love with this strange psychotic man. Death would be so quick and painless! Avada Kadavra and you move on to the next great mystery.

“Suddenly she steps over to me and pulls me up by the hair, wrenching me to her. I cry out in pain but her hand clamps over my mouth, and she whispers furiously in my ear.”

I should feel bad for her, but I kinda don’t. Even when people are drunk, they know not to go to their prisoner’s bedroom and demand that they admit their attraction for them. ️ Ugh. This is just so painful to read. None of this is realistic. This sort of thing doesn’t happen to intelligent/talented people. The real Hermione Granger would have found a way out by now. I wish this story had at least ONE escape attempt. Just ONE! Then I would know she’s at least trying.
FelineNinjaGrace chapter 21 . 8/2
She had the perfect freaking opportunity to grab Dolohov’s wand and hide it under the pillow while Lucius was checking on his son and Bella. This is ridiculous ️ She’s definitely not the brightest witch of her age in this storybook that’s for sure, lol.
emiliasuchodolsky chapter 50 . 5/13
It's a great story, captivating and so deliciously well written. But it's heavy and depressing and sad, so incredibly sad. I am not sure if I'm glad I read it.
Dramione4evea chapter 50 . 4/8
j
That was absolutlelty the most psychologically damaging fiction I've ever read, but so impeccibly well done. It was long and at times seemed tedious, but I really don't think there is any other way to create such convincing character arcs. The only possible flaw to point out would be the unrealistic nature of convienienty having Voldemort wait to kill them dramatically, but honestly it's true to the flair he exhibited in the original series.
3,549 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »