Reviews for Eden
I actually appreciate the warning you start this off with.
Because you really avoided the cliches with this story and that's something I appreciate the f*** out of.
It bugs me to no end when lumione fanfics are cliche
I hate cliche stories where Lucius is written like he's just a misunderstood sparkling snowflake.
Uhh no.
Lucius wasn't a misunderstood snowflake, he was a bad man who did pretty horrible things, not the least of which was trying to kill Ginny and open the chamber
of secrets. Plus both wizarding wars must have kept him busy with evil stuff
we can only imagine, right? *shudders*
Your portrayal of Lucius is probably the best and only realistic one ever written in fanfiction.
It's still breathtaking.
nerdylittlesecret chapter 49 . 5/24
rereading this chapter for the umpteenth time. Freaking love this story!
But how did Bellatrix sneak up without them seeing/hearing?
Its a little farfetched that they wouldn't notice a madwoman creeping about after being amped up on almost-dying-adrenaline.
nerdylittlesecret chapter 48 . 5/17
What would it take to get you to write an alternate ending with a couple of gratuitous Hermione-nurses-him-back-to-health chapters sprinkled it. You could keep it pretty gory if you wanted too!
you better get paid.
So good!
Too good! I think I need therapy.
TheBookImaginarium chapter 50 . 4/8
This story absolutely destroyed me. I don't think I've read a darker one aside from maybe A Pound of Flesh in terms of the ending, but that was nowhere near the darkness throughout your story. It took me a good week and a half to get through it and honestly I would pick it up during my lunch break, during rush hour traffic, etc. I just couldn't put it down. Your writing is just so gripping and precise. I NEVER, and I do mean NEVER read first person HP fanfiction but you made it work flawlessly using the biased narrative with ease, so much so I let myself fall for Hermione's thoughts one too many times. No chapter or paragraph or sentence made me pause and think it to be awkward. The characters are so fleshed out and CANON. Honestly I don't know how you did it, but the way you capture Ron and Hermione and Lucius and even Bellatrix, my god, I was melting with admiration the entire time.

I am also grateful for the limitations you put on Hermione's character. As much as I love her, ahe never seems realistic in fanfiction anymore. Always too smart and too beautiful and too perfect. But here she was just right, an 18-year-old witch who hasn't finished Hogwarts and doesn't know EVERYTHING. I liked that she can't defend herself against legilimency or resist the cruciatus or do wandless magic like it's nothing. I liked that she had to work for it and that it wasn't as easy to convince Lucius that blood doesn't matter. All this made the situation more realistic and in turn more desperate and urgent.

The first dozen chapters I did become a little frustrated with Hermione, to be honest. I kept wondering 'why doesn't she want to die? Why isn't she trying to kill herself more often?' After so much unending torture, surely... But even then, the way you wrote her it wouldn't make sense at that point in her captivity. And eventually she did reach that threshold and you wrote it beautifully. The relationship between her and Lucius developed so perfectly. The progression seemed natural and the underlined Stockholm syndrome were just so precisely captured. But then it grew from that two it wasn't just Stockholm because she changes him too quite profoundly and apparently.

And then the ending... I knew it was coming, of course, you explicitly stated it beforehand and then followed it up with Hermione's premonitions which was of course foreshadowing, so I knew what was coming, but I STILL CRIED GODDAMN IT. I felt as destroyed as Hermione and not in the betrayed this-wasn't-justified way but in that I-can-feel-my-heart-dying way. I know it's laughable to imagine this Lucius and this Hermione living happily ever after, but I couldn't help but hope for it! And I know you did that on purpose, but I don't know if I can forgive you for toying with my feelings this way!

I am in awe of your writing and this story.
Holy shit I definitely should have stuck to my own self advice and NOT read the ending. You're very talented to have written something that was this big of a mind-fuck, congrats mate.
So after reading the warnings in the beginning of the first chapter I checked the reviews to see if this story was worth it. They were all absolutely stellar, but one of them spoiled the ending. I've read stories where that happened of course, so that didn't deter me. As I got farther and farther into the story, I wanted more and more for it to end so I wouldn't get more attached. I'm almost tempted not to finish it and end on this chapter where they're safe. It's too good not to continue though, but this is the very first fic I've ever read where I really can't stand the idea of the main characters not all ending up with a happy and content future. Though I'm a bit worried for your mental state after reading all about those torture methods, the entire thing is very believable. Truly an ingenious story, even if I wish the ending were anything but I know it will be.
rache1jay chapter 1 . 3/30
This story literally blew my mind. Fantastically written!
Holy shit. That may be the best thing I have ever read
00oo chapter 42 . 3/2
This story is such a classic. I can see it being in a bookstore one day...along the bookshelves of other classic books like Jane Eyre ;-)
Still haven't found another fanfiction as powerful as this one. None come even close.
Lady Elya chapter 50 . 2/22
Wow... just wow. This was so good, I'm pretty much left speechless. I've never been one for Lucius and Hermione pairing, but I'm so glad I decided to read this. Your writing style is amazing, I like how you use italics and bold and capital letters, it portrays the mood perfectly. Also the quotes in the beginning, they are so fitting, and also good by themselves (I had to save some of them).

I'm so sad Lucius died, but I guess the story couldn't have had any other ending...
Calling Hermione a kick ass witch at the beginning, and by chapter three she's selling out her friends... you said she wasn't weak..but selling out her friends that fast she must be
Imagenary26 chapter 50 . 2/12
Your story is truly Magnificent, stunning, wonderfrul, beautiful, creative and all the Positive remarks that I haven't mention is all there.
Your story is a work of ART and it is trully AMAZING!
And it makes my heart so swell as i read the whole story.
At first I really don't want to read it because 1.) It's to long to read and has 50 chapters and 2.) I sense that it will be a tragic, dark and filled with against while I read the story.

I really don't want to read at that time but I was to CURIOUS and I really cant help it for me being curious. And so I say 'hey why don't i try it? there's nothing wrong when i read the story and there's no harm done to read it. And I guess a little drama and agnst in the story wont hurt'

and then i read it. as i read, i started to cry and so many emotions that has came to my mind becuase it was trully BEAUTIFUL. I really cried and i was so emotional at that time as i read it.

hehehe i even hide myself in the closet so my parents won't suspect me that I'm reading in my phone (they really hate that). and I even slept late just to finish this bloody, Beautiful story. and it really was worth and I think I just finish it by 3 or 4 days I guess. but I'm so glad that i finished it. I trully LOVED it so far.

and I confess that this is my first time to read a fanfiction that gave me too much emotions. well some other story that i read made me cry and loved so much but this story is truly different. Its An art and truly Genuis and beautiful. and I feel so inspired that i want to write a story and truly to be an author just like you. i really want to improve my grammar and my english more. and I'm sorry for the wrong grammar. I'm really trying.

How do do it to write like this? how can you lure the readers to interest your story? can you give me some tips how to write a story?

Your so wonderful I could hug you right now :) and anyway this is actually my first time too to write a comment this very long because of your wonderful story. I really want say more how beautiful it is but its too many hehehe..

I love it so much. and I'm so Happy that I read it even the ending is quite sad. but it's your story and you have a reason why you write it. I totally respect that.

You are so amazing :)
Yourmockingbirdsong chapter 50 . 2/8
I..wow. I hope you still write, even if for just yourself. I am speechless with the epic beauty of prose you accomplished here.
Klauskinski3 chapter 24 . 2/7
This was incredible. Although I hate the fact that she ends up with ron, yes it has to have to a sad ending but not this. I don't think I can ever read another Lucius/hermione fanfic, because no one else could write their relationship as good as you did, i'll always have your story in mind.
Bravo