Reviews for Certain Dark Things
AudiblexGasp chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
This is one of the first fanfics I ever read (which is why I didn't review sooner). It's also absolutely brilliant.

The cause of the doomsday was well thought out, every character was in-character, and the femslash was beautifully written. I could go on like this for a while. But I still wouldn't truly be able to say how lovely the story was. By all means, keep writing.

C ya!

~~~~~
Mrs Marcus Volturi chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
That was really sad...so mean but i wont hold it agaisnt you...nicely written
Spookykat chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
I am not normally a fem-slash fan, nor am I a post-apocolyptic fan, but I really love your style and your portrayal of the characters and the marriage of the two universes was really wondeful. I NEVER expected the twist, either...really powerful stuff!
Mochi-girl chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
I'm at work, waiting for my Christmas holiday to begin. Passing the time, came across your story. Beautifully written... thank you for showing me how it should be done!
allthatisevil chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
That is a good story. A really good story. I am a huge x-files fan, crazed x-phile really, and I love Bones mainly because of the characters. And what you've done here is simply great. I mean, Scully's strenght is known to all of us, and I can link her immunity to the disease to the x-file mythology, I can see her like a missioner now that there are no answers to get, I can see her taking Brennan in, logically and mercifully stepping between the doomed one and the fearful, angry mob. And I can see Bones broken, guilty, baring the weight of the apocalyps on her shoulders (which fits both her tendency to belive that she is not allowed to any happinnes, that people around her would willingly or not leave her, and her omnipotence in actually thinking she is responsible for all hell braking loos).

But what I really adore about your story is the ultimate truths, in a world drawned in mayhem the need to place good and evil in some one, making it easily identifiable, trying to order the chaos. And then, the symbols of the antagony complementing each other in their intellectual, emotional and physical needs, that's just brilliant.

I don't know if you meant it to be so mythological meanningful, but you accomplished it none the less.

And you topped it with that unbelievable writing of yours. it's perfect. I seriously hate that I lack the words to convey all the ideas that are invading my head.

This is a very, very, very good fic, very, very, very well written, and very, very, very well structured. You are good.
twinsparadox chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
I love this story! I love the idea of Brennan and Scully together on their own in a post-apocalyptic world. Sad about Booth and Mulder, though. I *heart* great MSR, and I am a full-on B/B shipper, but I LOVE XF/Bones crossovers, and the notion of Brennan and Scully being a couple is awesome! Great writing, too! Seeing this develop into a multi-chap fic would be interesting...just food for thought;) Thanks for the fun ride!
canthereisto chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
I think I read this over on your LJ but can't remember for the life of me if I reviewed. This was wonderful, you get the characters you know? You understand them, move them so like themselves. I really like the situation you've created, that "the people needed an epic struggle between good and evil to keep them warm at night." That is such a fundamental human truth and you've incorporated it into fanfic? My friend you are a genius. I'm not a fan of femslash I have to say, but with the way you've built up the plot and their current situation it just makes sense. That they're seen as so different when in fact, they could be the same person, with the same loves, same fears, same needs. It all just clicks together. I hate that Angela was the first to go in the lab, in fact, that any of them had to suffer like that. The guilt that Brennan carries is just another thing she's carrying with her and it's just so like her to do that. Scully here is amazing, taking the lead and offering both strength and courage when she needs it herself really. She puts herself aside for everyone else on the goddamn planet and can only find solace in the one who's lost just as much. I'm not sure that made sense but I really love this fic. You have such envious skill and I just loved it.

Ava