Reviews for What Happiness Is
Delysia chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
This was just wow. This is painfully beautiful; like looking into the setting sun, enjoying the splendor, and then dot swim in your vision obscuring everything for a moment.

This is the Tommy I love- loyal, selfless, and yet here has a great sense of understand what being a ranger really costs them all.

I love this line:

“I still feel that way about being a ranger and I wonder how I will feel that day when I am sent off to finally live. To do whatever I've been stolen from all this time. A life, with nothing to think about but where I've been and what could be.”

This to me speaks volumes, about how he knows what it is costing him but how part of him while looking forward to the freedom, the lack of responsibilities, is afraid, worried he will do without that direction. And he so admires Kimberly for tackling that challenge, the one that makes him skittish, and bending life to her will. That even though he misses her, he admires her for taking that step he is still fearful of.

This is really such a touching moment and Tommy’s voice is so clear and so, well... Tommy- a bit more mature Tommy but still that white knight, thinking of others first and just wanting so much for her to be happy in the life she has chosen that it just makes it all hurt a little, because that is what unconditional love is.

Stunning work. Really.
brankel1 chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Awesome job.
Solarstone chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
I just dont know about this, this actually justifies Kim's unfaithfulness and how she callously ended their relationship. But considering Tommy's kind heart, he'd still probably be happy for her.
Heather chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Great story! I started reading it thinking it might be Tommy/Kim, and it was, only much better this way. You are such a talented writer and I really enjoy all your stories and how mature they are. It's very refreshing so well done!
moonlite-n-roses chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
This was truly insightful, and a great piece of work. Just reading it I could feel what he was going through. Excellent story.
rosebudjamie chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
that was really nice
The Sushi Monster chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
I loved this. The ensight is freshing, and its wonderfully written.

Excellent job.
Rohan Seth chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
A different read from all your other work, although it carries a similar vibe to your other story "Unfaithful".

It was a song-fic, but the lyrics played such a small part of the overall story, that for me they were not a focus. In my opinion, you captured Tommy's emotional growth best of all. Excellent use of imagery. At times it felt a little abrupt, but I can only put this down to your writing style which heavily reflects this trait in your other work.

Your ability to characterize continues to be your ultimate strength. This was a highly enjoyable and mature insight into the token puppy-love couple of this series.

Thank you for posting another enjoyable read,

Rohan
KevinBoy chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
GOOD STORY. WHILE NOT IN MY USUAL TASTE, IT WAS WRITTEN VERY WELL TO YOUR CREDIT. YOU DIDN'T WRITE A CRAPPY SOAP. THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME, BUT YOUR WRITING IS ALWYS GOOD SO I CAN'T COMPLAIN. THAT'S WHY I GAVE THIS ONE A GO. GOOD WORK!
pieball chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
I think you wrote this with more confidence than you put on. Excellent integration with chosen lyrics. Your bittersweet signature was once again on show and on show at its very best. A very enjoyable read and another round of applause. Until next time *pieball*
Geena chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
I really loved this story. I loved the way you wrote it. I'm glad that Tommy and Kim are both happy.
Shallow Waters chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
Definitely one of the best post Tommy and Kim fics out there.
PurpleFlowers chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
This was so beautifully written! This was a magical insight into Tommy post-letter and I congratulate you on exploring Tommy's feelings like this and not resorting to anything but mature reflection. Nice choice of lyrics. I'm not familiar with the song, but I can see why you chose them for this. Well done on another wonderful tale!
EclipsingFlames chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
Wonderful, absolutely unbelievably well done! I'm so proud of you, sis! I can't believe it when you say you envy me, because you wrote that so much better than I ever could on even my best day! That one paragraph we talked about was accomplished beautifully. Now that I look at it, you really didn't need my help at all. I can't believe you're not comfortable writing stuff like this, you write as it as easily as breathing. Your descriptive view points and perception of Tommy was dead on and incredible. This story just gets better and better with each read. I wouldn't change a single world, its perfect. The song was a great choice just as much as the intentions of this story. I can't stop smiling, because I'm so proud of you : D

Thank you so much for the shout out, love. I honestly wasn't expecting anything towards me in this, but I'm so entirely grateful for that and you. Thank you for being my best friend and encouragement. Your friendship means everything and more to me than anyone, even you, could possibly imagine. Anyways, I'm rambling in your review! Lol! Talk to you in ...25mins, lol.

Love you tons!
Vodams chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
I liked it..Chanelle..it was written out perfectly!