Reviews for Journey to Trust
Jessica Wolfe chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
You always make me want to huggle Tasuki! He's such a sweetie, even though his past actions haunt him. I love the way you make the characters come to life! Can't wait for Chapter 17. _
jyuneen chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Yeah! Love it, as always. I'm almost satiated with the lack of updates.

I stress on "almost". D

glad you had a wonderful trip to japan! im currently saving up bit by bit for a trip myself in my late twenties. why so late you ask?

because money flows through my fingers like water thats why! \o/

Loves to ya!
Everqueen chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Hey, I just checked your page on a whim to see if you had any recent announcements. I loved this little tidbit of a world you have enhanced in such a fabulous way. I'm going to Japan in 2008 to see my sister for a few weeks, so I'm glad to know you enjoyed it. I hope my experience will be similarly enjoyable. It was good to read Tasuki's thoughts. I like how you have him still grieving a bit over that night and still trying to reearn her trust, even if she doesn't remember it was broken in the first place. Tasuki always had such loyalty and dignity. Such morals for a bandit. I'm glad to see you didn't deviate from that and that he still fights with his emotions and inner demons, he is human after all. I anxiously look forward to your next chapter. Take your time doing it to your satisfaction, just know that at least I anxiously hold my breath every time I click on my favorite stories, in hopes that Hidden Paths will be number one on the list once more. Thanks again for the great short blurp. ~Everqueen
Zolac no Miko chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Poor Tasuki. He's so hard on himself. There he goes, breaking my heart all over again.

Yes, it's me again, still stalking your stories. It's really the only reason I'm still poking my nose into ff.n these days... must follow Hidden Paths through to the end! I've had FY on the mind lately... I just got the Perfect Collection (can you believe I haven't owned it all these years?) and I've been watching my favorite bits (the bits with Tasuki in them~).

I liked this. It was very... tense. The scene with the razor, all of Tasuki's anguish and guilt... which went right over Miaka's head, of course. And something about when Chiriko's hair flew away made me very sad, for some reason...

...Keep writing! I'm still here, watching out for new chapters, and will be until the end.
Chichiri's Girl chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
Hey Roku,

Very short but powerfully written scene...I like it A LOT! Glad that yer back and rested. Call ya later.
Yahnkehy chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
As beautiful as this piece is, I can't help but feel sadness and regret for what they've lost. So much has happened to keep them apart. They had overcome so many obstacles to come together, only to lose it all in the blink of an eye.

That he fell in love with her again while she remained blind, adds an extra element of loss. Perhaps this time around they can come together, and make it stick.

It was so wonderful to read this piece from his pov, I had wondered exactly what had happened when he'd gone off to burn the hair. As quietly sentemental as he is, I had almost figured he'd kept the entire handful.

This b-day gift for Tasuki has renewed my confidance in there being a 'Happily-Ever-After' in the near future for Tasuki and his lovely miko.

Fantastic job and I can hardly wait until the longer (read: 15 Grand word count) update. -

All the best,

Zab Jade chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
It's really good to see some more writing from you. The flow was good, and I didn't notice any grammar or spelling mistakes. I'm not in rabid beta mode right now though, so I might have missed something.

Your portrayal of Tasuki's emotions is excellent and fits really well with both the character and the situation. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter of Hidden Paths (has been rereading it as well as rewatching the series in an attempt to get her muse interested in finally getting around to working on Atonement again).
Purple Mouse chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
Wow, I haven't been back to in months, and this is what's waiting for me when I return! Lucky~

I really enjoyed this scene from Tasuki's POV! It was a great choice to expand on and it definitely gave us more depth to the larger picture of what's at stake. Tasuki's thoughts about the disguise as an ultimate decider of Miaka's future and destiny are really interesting, and I love the parentheticals-don't remember if you've used them this way before, but I like them a lot. _

If Hidden Paths was the working draft of a novel you were planning to revise, I'd even suggest inserting this scene into it somehow, maybe as a flashback from Tasuki, which you could totally do, since her dependence on him and his responsibility for her has got to weigh on him.

Anyway, good luck with HP!
KittyLynne chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
*KL cackles with glee*

Being an insomniac has it's advantages-I get to be the first one to review! :D

This was a satisfying and thought provoking addendum to an already great scene. You've answered a question I had about the hair burning; while reading from Miaka's pov, I found myself wondering how Tasuki felt about the procedure. I confess I was rather hoping that he'd hesitate to burn anything of Miaka's.

The burning does seem very symbolic of change. Her old life, literally going up in smoke...her short hair, a (modern) symbol of mourning and a new beginning. The cutting of the hair demonstrated how serious Tasuki is about keeping her safe, even as his thoughts betray how sensitive he is to her feelings.

Finding out about Tasuki's tailsman pouch made me tear up and adore him all the more. I also liked the way you interwove guilt over Kahou with determination to earn her trust, a resolution that's made even more poignant by her current state of 'amnesia'.

Jumping back to the beginning, I must comment that the imagery you invoked of the razor wielding Tasuki's reflections on what Miaka's exposure of her neck meant gave me the shivers (in a good way!) Though he's determined to be 'good' and does an admirable job of controlling himself, his reactions to Miaka show that the passion he has for her has not abated in the least. Excellent characterization, there. *applauds*

This was a wonderful bday gift for Fang Boy- and for your readers as well (mine's in May _~ lol) Looking forward with great anticipation to a new installment of Hidden Paths!

All the best,

PS. Please excuse any typos-the spell check isn't working. P

PPS. I haven't been able to find out why the pic feature is down. My account still allows me to upload, and shows the pic as being uploaded, but it's not showing up on my page. I was going to email the admin about it, but the site support link and addy seem to have disappeared as well. .