Reviews for Meditation on a Smile
Jily4eva chapter 1 . 6/5
I really loved that! You really have a way with words!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
I love this! It's so cute and simple but so brilliant at the same time!
thegirlwhoflies chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
LOVE IT! :D
Dandy352 chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Awww :D
Idonotget chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I loved the simplicity of this story. I usually only review stories that are low in reviews and are good because, if you don't got anything nice to say...kind of deal. I read your profile and I know you are kind of against that but hey, I do review and I like this and even though you have forty some reviews, I'm going to still give it a go. Don't feel blessed yet - I tend to look too deep into stories and match them with things that aren't there.

So what's so 'simplicity' about it, eh? It's the closeness you describe. You could had placed them in a room full of people and maybe they are or maybe they are beside the lake hidden but it really doesn't matter. This is the kind of story where the rest of the world is just playing in the background. Right there and than, it is just them.

It also has a softness about it - if I were to paint this scene, all the edges would blend and coexist with each other - no sharp lines, no bold colors because this story has that softness. Dreamlike.

And isn't it but a bit of a dreamish idea, a good one to say. To have that special person in your arms or holding you. Isn't that what most people want - that dream to come true and for Lily and James, it has.

The smile. When I notice a person the first thing is their eyes and their smile because those two things, as you so well described, do go hand in hand. It is but a dead smile if the eyes don't show the glint within.

Who better to notice a smile than one of the Marauders? As fans of the Magnificent Four, don't we all associate James with a smile? He finds reasons to cause a smile, even if it is pulling it out of the darkest corner. Laugh with him or laugh at him but laugh all the same and James would be delighted.

Lily's blush, the way James notes it, her hair, his touch, her facial expression, - it is all very simple and slow as if there is urgency, no reason to hurry the moment. They are embracing a romantic seclusion of their moment.

'You taught me.' - That is a wonderful ending to this story. I know when I am having a down moment, reading something about the Marauders reminds me how to smile, even if it is only for a moment.
fire.is.catching chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
that was so poetically fluffy and perfect it was brilliant and perfect amazing job gotta love lily and james

cheers

live well smile lots update often
butherecomesthefall chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
This is a really nice story...excellent dialogue
IManageMyMischief chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
Lovely. Enough said.
Ginnyloveswriting chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
It is really cute, although it was kinda mushy. Hehe, not a problem. I like those stories. In the beginning, it was pretty poetic and by the end, it turned into a story format… It could have stayed in one format but it’s OK. Really sweet. Wish I would get a guy like that! ;)

BTW: What Death was James talking about? To be more specific, WHOSE death was he talking about?
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
*squeals* The imagery of Lily's smile depicted in so many ways by James was amazing. And the ending simply made me smile in return.
Bunnyluv611 chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
very cute

nice ending
JamsiePoo chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
Aw! That was so sweet! :D I love James Potter!

You're an awesome writer and you know it! Keep up the good work! :D
HarryPotter4evah chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Aww. You really know how to write extremely sweet stories about James and Lily ! :D So sweet. I loved it
MatoakaWilde chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
aw that was so cute! I completely agree, Lily is addicted to smiling! hahaha I cann see James thinking all those things!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
the ending made me smile.