Reviews for Legacy
JazzyIrish chapter 4 . 4/29/2007
A very sastifying and wonderful ending to this little story. John's true legacy is what he taught the boys, how he instilled the desire to help others in them. Sam's guilt for needing/wanting Dean with him more than his father is just so heart breaking. I can't imagine how that would feel. But Sam does need Dean more; even John recognized that.

Great ending - the boys sharing a true commitment to one another with a renewed resolve to fight the good fight and win. Thanks for sharing this with us. I really enjoyed it.
angel679 chapter 4 . 4/28/2007
God this was awesome so very well written and the damn emotions just about swamped me. I so wish Dean could get some relief from the burdens he carries. This was an amazing story.
angel679 chapter 3 . 4/28/2007
You had John come back sorta and talk to Dean that was just so sad and so very needed. I loved this chapter and I'm off to read the fourth.
angel679 chapter 2 . 4/28/2007
Oh yeah like I said breaking my heart and I feel you aren't finished torturing me. I'm off to read the next one and try not to short out my computer bawling.
angel679 chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Okay thank you, your already ripping my heart out and I know you haven't even gotten started yet. On to read two.
November'sGuest chapter 4 . 4/28/2007
Shew! Lots of stuff to deal with in there...I think you pretty well covered everything we know about the Winchesters. It would be nice if they could get a last moment with their father...but maybe we just might before the season ends.

KatieLB chapter 4 . 4/28/2007
*sniff sniff*...great chapter. Ffluff and chick flickiness but in just the perfect amount! Again wish dad would have talked to sam but I think sam is satisfied with dad being there for dean. As far as dean breaking down...hello he is human and he is under so much pressure that i think you wrote it perfectly... I agree with you I would love to see jensen act out something like that...course next weeks episode we just might get that *winks* bring the tissues! Great story bj..till next time m
H.T.Marie chapter 4 . 4/28/2007
Aww, that was beautiful darlin'. Finally a hug, and I love that Sam was all grown up and just let Dean deal without forcing the issue, and then Dean initiated the hug. That was perfect. Now, if he'd just said something about having his own son to pass it onto someday, I think it would've been perfect.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Tracy
irismay42 chapter 4 . 4/28/2007
So much to compliment you on in this chapter - I especially liked Sam's growing sense of panic when he couldn't get to Dean and protect him from whatever he thought was after him, and then the twist of Sam's being able to witness everything that happened to Dean with John was really unexpected, and created a fantastic emotional bond between the brothers.

But for my own selfish reasons, the best bit? They hugged! Thank goodness for that!

I think you made a great job of portraying what would happen to Dean should he ever get to this point psychologically - he's been pretty much dancing on the edge of it all season (possibly most of his life!) and as you say, it would be really interesting to see how they'd handle something like this on the series...
pandora jazz chapter 4 . 4/28/2007
You did an excellent job with your story. Once again you have let us see past the outer layer that Dean presents to the world and his brother.

I like how in this chapter Dean and Sam were reunited. That Sam got to see his father too and hear what had been said between father and son.

The fear Sam faced at the thought of losing his brother was well written. I know that Sam on the show feels this way, but sometime it would be nice to hear him say it, 'that he has always needed Dean more than his dad' and "I've known all along he didn't just make the deal for you... He made it for me too."

I liked that Sam reminded Dean of what he said during "Wendigo" and what a great ending as the brothers were now united to stand against evil.

I just got your response to my review on chapter one, I'll be sending a PM soon.

Also, in case I forget again, like I already forgot to say, late congratuations on posting for one year.

Until later, take care.
I'mcalledZorro chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
Good story! Dean really needed that catharsis.
November'sGuest chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Okay, I'm not leaving a formal review yet, as I'm too pooped to pop and must go to bed...but I've read the first and can't wait to finish the rest tomorrow.

Nice little Dean/John moments,though.

Nicole
kbpen chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
Just lovely! Delightfully crafted and poetically rendered. It was a pleasure to read. Thank you, kbpen
mysong chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
That was so beautiful. I can barely breathe from crying. ;)
IMTheresa chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
Very emotional end to an emotional tale. I would love for Dean to have some kind of resolution to all the pain he's felt; not just over losing his father, but for everything else, too. I kind of don't see it happening, though. Not just because Kripke is an evil (magnificent) bastard, but because of who Dean is.

But I digress... this was a lovely piece and it was nice how Dean got to be alone with his father, but yet Sam got the resolution he so needed. He kind of got the short end of the stick when John said his goodbyes on the show.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
82 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »