Reviews for Legacy
mysong chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
That was so beautiful. I can barely breathe from crying. ;)
IMTheresa chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
Very emotional end to an emotional tale. I would love for Dean to have some kind of resolution to all the pain he's felt; not just over losing his father, but for everything else, too. I kind of don't see it happening, though. Not just because Kripke is an evil (magnificent) bastard, but because of who Dean is.

But I digress... this was a lovely piece and it was nice how Dean got to be alone with his father, but yet Sam got the resolution he so needed. He kind of got the short end of the stick when John said his goodbyes on the show.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
mcatB chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
Yay! Brother hugs! Nice finish, bj!
WitheringWings chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
This actually made me cry, that's how good it is. There's not many authors who can pull off "Dean finally breaking down." But there being a family heirloom of sorts fits in, a kind of normal that everyone should have.

2 thumbs way up for this. _
Ghostwriter chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
irishgirl9 chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
I have only one word to say about here last chapter and the story as a whole: AMAZING!
AcidChic chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
*cries* That was beautiful. Oh, man brought tears to my eyes. Y'know I often wonder if they'll make Dean "breakdown" for lack of a better word, someday too. And I agree with you that it would make riveting tv even thought it would break a lot of hearts who watch the show. Anyway, you did an awesome fantastic job on this fic. I can't wait to read some fics in the future. Great job. :D
DeanBean chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
This is was a really good chapter,

My eyes misted up a couple of times,

I am glad that John got to come back and say goodbye and that the boys can know move on with their lives,

It was a really beautiful story and i will be looking out for your next one; whenever it may be :D

heather03nmg chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
Hold on for a minute, just need some tissues, can't type and cry.

What a beautiful and heartbreaking story you've written!

It was hard to see Dean in so much pain, see him struggling under his burdens of saving people, of saving Sammy.

It was all worthwhile though in the end when John and Sam took that weight from his shoulders, he finally had peace.

My favorite line, "After years of conflict and division the Winchester brothers were finally on the same page, finally united in this fight. Two halves of one whole. Each brother unique and multi-faceted, brilliant in his own right, a strong and capable hunter on his own. Now united together, standing side by side ready to wage battle, they were unstoppable. Evil was in for one hell of a fight." So very true...

Brilliant writing, loved every word!
aquaesulis76 chapter 4 . 4/27/2007
Whew! You know - words aren't enough for this. Loved the progression through, and the way it all got tied together in the end with John's *real* legacy to both his boys. I'm pleased that Dean got the watch in the end, but the rest of the emotional journey was spectacular. The girly in me melted when Sam finally understood Dean completely - the depth of his emotions, too deep to share as easily as Sam can. The realisation that Dean'd had to shut them down just to survive - and to protect his brother. Then Sam sitting quietly, helping his brother through to the point where they were equals, open and honest, a complete, unbreakable team.

/Two halves of one whole. Each brother unique and multi-faceted, brilliant in his own right, a strong and capable hunter on his own. Now united together, standing side by side ready to wage battle, they were unstoppable. Evil was in for one hell of a fight./

Saving people, hunting things, a Winchester legacy.

Thanks for writing and sharing.
JazzyIrish chapter 3 . 4/27/2007
Boy, BJ, this was a real heartwrencher. As I read through the first third of the chapter and recalled all of Dean's trials, tribulations, pain and anguish, all I could think is - it's a miracle he's still in one piece. And then he cracked in two. I loved your analogy of the geode/volcano that split sending all the emotions up to the surface from where they had been forged below. Such a perfect way to describe Dean's breaking. I really liked how his father comes to comfort him and explain that he did what he knew was best for both Dean and Sam. Somehow, I think that when Dean accepts that it was the best for Sam as well, he'll accept his father's decision. Always for Sam. I'm really enjoying this fic. The "angst-o-meter" is at 11, I think. Until next time...
mcatB chapter 3 . 4/27/2007
You're making me cry, you know... can we say heartwrenching? This is so sad and hopeful and wonderful... now I need Sam to come in and give some brotherly hugs.
spootycup chapter 3 . 4/27/2007
tears streaming down my face.. poor dean! my good... You are so good... i need more! more!
irismay42 chapter 3 . 4/26/2007
So this is a really difficult chapter to comment on because it's just so emotionally exhausting to read. I think how you completely broke Dean into pieces before reassembling him with John's help was very realistic and deeply moving, and I also really like the way you portrayed John, because it's not that often the poor guy gets much sympathy in this fandom.

That said, it also saddened me to think that Dean would probably never have a son to pass the Legacy on to, and this is, in part, John's fault for giving his boys this life into which no one in their right mind would bring a child.

Nice to see Dean being given the chance to deal with his angst in a realistic fashion anyway! Well done for putting so much of yourself into this.
Ghostwriter chapter 3 . 4/25/2007
Great job. I love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »