Reviews for Diplomacy In Action
honoradele chapter 3 . 7/16/2013
Why would Kim want to work for the US State Department?

Is Kim aware that she is the center of the universe? Does she think that the various would be world conquerors and super villains are going to sit around waiting for her to get back in action?

Why would the US State Department want her?

As a Courier or Protective Service agent, maybe? Ambassador to Disaster, maybe. Ambassador to Lorwardia yes. But a paper pusher?
Mr. Wizard chapter 13 . 2/22/2012
Glad to see you back.

Really good job of putting us in Hong Kong along with our heroes. You tackled the issues raised in the last chapter head on, now to hope their decisions are the right ones. If they get time to act on them, that is.
campy chapter 13 . 2/19/2012
Glad to see this being updated.

So now Sheldon's coming back? Well, that should be fun. Dare we hope for Falsetto Jones after that?
noncynic chapter 13 . 2/12/2012
And the magnet goes active again...nice to see you continuing this, I sort of lost track during the break, but caught up in my head fairly fast. Good read. Now can the pair take on Gemini and his goons without doing major damage to HK? The current management could make things real sticky for them.
MrDrP chapter 13 . 2/11/2012
Nicely done all around. An advancing plot, light moments shading into something darker, resolutions of potential problems that offer complications, and, of course, a well-timed little narrative explosion to wrap up the chapter.

Looking forward to the next installment of what is one of the best stories on this site.
King in Yellow chapter 13 . 2/9/2012
I'm having a little trouble remembering all the details that have gone on before. [Hint: a little less time between updates would be swell.] Well written with good characterization, as always. I particularly liked Kim's reflections on life and purpose at the end. Without saying what we were doing earlier in our lives is wrong we do change in our goals and how we desire to attain them. Great chapter.
Sir Sebastian chapter 13 . 2/9/2012
I must be dreaming. There is no other explanation to me reading a new chapter of 'Diplomacy'. :)

Dude, good to see you back in the game. I've got to admit, it's been so long I don't remember a thing about the last chapter, so I had some trouble piecing together what happened in the meeting with Dr. Director.

Though Dr. Director may have been harsh, there is legitimate concern of a power of unknown magnitude that Ron has no control over. I have myself atleast two story ideas brewing that concentrate on the unknown that is MMP.

Nice chapter, good to see you haven't lost it.
Katsumara chapter 13 . 2/8/2012
First off, welcome back RH! So glad to see this get an update. I've missed it a lot.

Secondly.. the start of the chapter was so incredibly sweet. Nothing really needed to be said. Just two lovers comforting one another after that tough sitch they went through.

Enjoyed the rest of the chapter, too. They had a nice, little mini-vacation/distraction to keep their minds off things, even if it didn't work completely.

The end with the talk, Ron's reveal about the job offer, Kim's enthusiasm about him taking it, and then Kim's convo with Monique.. they really are dealing with some rough stuff. I'm not sure I like how Kim's so quick to split up Team Possible, even if it's just a short plane ride away. Now's the time I've gotta think they need to stick together and be there for one another, and I think Ron realizes that as well. Then again, Ron really does need a trip to Japan to find himself and figure this power out.. maybe bring Kim with him so she can truly understand what it is he goes through over there?

They're obviously a stronger force together than they are apart, and Kim needs to realize that. I'm hoping this trip against Gemeni can help her see that.. and maybe they won't have to split up yet again or commute? It stinks with how serious stuff's gotten for them in this universe of yours! They just can't catch a break.

Keep up the great writing, RH. I've missed seeing you around!
Quathis chapter 13 . 2/8/2012
Deep drama here, and the newlyweds aren't talking to eachother about it. And I believe communication is a big factor in marriage, so this will likely have repercussions. Excited to see how things go and build on eachother. Until next time.
CajunBear73 chapter 13 . 2/8/2012
Quite the drama there. Leave it to Betty to put blame on the only one who didn't deserve it and let it hang for future reference.

Kim's plans may work out for the two of them, but there's still the inability to react as quickly as necessarily if their foes are gunning for them.

Like the next one on the table...

CB73

Glad to see ya back!
Slipgate chapter 13 . 2/8/2012
Thank you for continuing this story at last.

I liked the sentiments between Ron and Kim at the start. I feel more like they're married now. I was a little uncomfortable with the earlier segment of the story where Kim was doing mission stuff without Ron and saying such hurtful things to him.

I love the cheesy joke vis a vis Rufus.

Having them actually just window shopping and stopping in cafes and so on made me feel that their marriage is so comfortable that I felt pretty good, even with the undercurrent going on. And it also reminded me of Hemingway's 'The Sun Also Rises.'

When Kim muses that there are many competing paths, I kind of still wish I knew what those paths were - I suspect that there aren't really, that it's just that she's uncertain. If she hasn't visualized paths, they might not exist. I say this in part because my mind two days ago was coming to many different conclusions about something and then it turned out that they all dissipated once I got some perspective again.

I love the 'I want to know what you're thinking about me.' line. To be honest, it's been a very long time since the last chapter, but I do seem to recall thinking / wondering whether Kim would 'now' think about Ron having killed or not having killed - just, how they would process what Betty said.

Kim and Ron's energetic conversation had me dying to jump ahead and keep pulling back - I mean I wanted to follow it faster than my eyes could actually read it, so curious was I as it all unfolded.

Still digesting what Kim said to Monique I must admit. Not sure what my opinion is yet. I've worked with folks who only see their wives on the weekend, and I couldn't imagine how they could stand it. But apparently they could? I don't know. I like how you have Monique, though. Not a yes-woman, but a frank and good and supportive friend.
kaitlynchosenisme chapter 12 . 1/16/2012
man, i dont think that Ron would purposely allow Yapsby to die. it was just bad luck, that's what happens with spiders...yuck. i'm curious why he didnt use his monkey powers (not during the Yapsby battle, but really anytime) i mean, he has control over it, and is the Ultimate Mystical Monkey Master, hmm...questions questions

-Katelyn
noncynic chapter 12 . 6/12/2009
Well, that's an interesting conclusion about Ron Betty was hinting at. Interesting to how you develop that idea.
Sir Sebastian chapter 12 . 6/10/2009
Betty is tough but fair. Maybe she should hook up with Barkin.. :)

That was quite insightful about Ron and his powers. Hopefully you'll get into that at some point..?

Good chapter, excellent convo.

-SS
Danny-171984 chapter 12 . 6/9/2009
what a b*h! Seriously, is she accusing Ron for that bastards death? And now Ron will start feeling guilty...sigh. Until next time.

Danny