Reviews for Diplomacy In Action
Sir Sebastian chapter 3 . 5/11/2007
Kim as a diplomat? With her temper? Well, maybe her life with Ron has raised her irritation threshold :).

What on earth are Shego and Drakken doing in Vietnam..? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Very good, if not perfect (Finnish joke, pay no mind) writing, AWESOME banter with MF, and nice K&R fluff. And I so hoped I had a chance at the Fannies. Oh, well.. C'est la vie.
Ultimate Naco Topping chapter 3 . 5/11/2007
Very well done. You are quickly finding your writer's legs. The Drakken/Shego banter was at the right level it needed to be. As I've already told you, your descriptions of the locals add a nice touch to the story.

Keep it up!
MrDrP chapter 3 . 5/10/2007
Lots of great detail in this well-written chapter. You continue to paint an evocative picture of Southeast Asia and do so in a way that makes it seem like a perfectly appropriate venue for a KP story.

The restaurant scene was nicely done.

The contrast between Kim and Ron, who have grown up, and the villains, who have not, was striking and well done.

My favorite moment was Kim's excitement over just being a tourist. Nicely done.

My final comment involves the end of the chapter. You built up nicely to this denoument - which was especially effective given the prior appearance of other mischief makers in this installment. Life's going to be interesting for our heroes!
CajunBear73 chapter 3 . 5/10/2007
Very well detailed explanations of either country & their cultures.

So Kim & Ron are buckling down as employees of the US State Department and are now tourists in nearby Cambodia. A little excitement at the restaurant, but rewarding for their sightseeing nonetheless.

Now it's getting out that Team Possible is grounded and Monkey Fist is about to take them on for a talisman.

Oy!

MrDrP chapter 2 . 4/28/2007
Good chapter. You set the table for what's to come. Seeing how Kim will deal with her inability to engage in hero work will be interesting. And the little surprise at the end makes the terms of Kim's employment by State very germane ...

Looking forward to more!
Ultimate Naco Topping chapter 2 . 4/27/2007
So far so good. This is a very believable scenario in my book. Kim having the 'real' career and Ron being more of a laid back journeyman cook fit as well.

Since you're looking for real feedback, I'd like to cation you on letting exposition spill into dialog - especially with main characters. You had Ron filling in some of the details of how they got to Vietnam. When a MC does that, it comes off as unnatural. Try to get that stuff out in the non-dialog sections or have the characters reflect silently to themselves about it.

But I digress. If you're still in need of a beta or more in-depth feedback, give me a PM. Otherwise, keep writing!
CajunBear73 chapter 2 . 4/26/2007
So Kim is lamenting how her old career of world-saving missions was banned by her job since it surely IS at odds with her current line of work. She seems to have thought that working from within a system would work just as well as direct intervention. Well, bureaucracies don't like direct intervention of others, especially if it gets things accomplished with minimal delay...

Now this little interlude is about to be interrupted by an old nemesis, isn't it?

See Ya next time!

the archduke chapter 2 . 4/26/2007
nice cliffhanger; looking forward to more
MrDrP chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
I'd be interested in seeing where you plan on taking this; the premise has a lot of potential and I don't believe anyone's written a story in which Kim is a member of the diplomatic corps.

Looking forward to more!
Meca Vegeta chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
hm
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
Hey, nearly everybody starts out in the minors in their field. Not a bad start to something running around in your head.

So Kim's a part of State and Ron's with her in the food prep part of the embassy in Vietnam. How are you going to blend their previous lives with the ones they now are involved in? Haven't seen anything like this one, post StD.

Continue on, I say!