Reviews for Diplomacy In Action
Danny-171984 chapter 12 . 6/9/2009
what a b*h! Seriously, is she accusing Ron for that bastards death? And now Ron will start feeling guilty...sigh. Until next time.

Danny
Michael Howard chapter 12 . 6/9/2009
Interesting accusation by Dr. Director there at the end. I'm curious to see where that leads.
screaming phoenix chapter 12 . 6/9/2009
On the surface Betty’s accusation about Ron being somehow responsible for Yapsby’s death is ludicrous. Ron Stoppable take a life not in the defense of Kim; preposterous.

But if you look at the underneath side of the argument, assuming that Betty is correct of course, then maybe Kim herself gave the underlining argument for Betty’s case.

“Sometimes, I feel a little nostalgia for the hero biz; but then, when I think about it, I feel pretty right about the choices I’ve made. And I don’t feel right about riding the same old merry-go-round with these guys until the day I….”

Right there the unspoken request that it stop. That she be allowed to move on to live her life as she sees fit with the man she loves.

Nobody knows Kim Possible better that the man who has spent his life by her side. If he thought, even unconsciously, that Kim wanted an end to it all. Then he would be more than willing to do what was necessary for that to come about.

The bad guys of the world may want to consider that the dufus, the buffoon, the sidekick, the Ultimate Monkey Master, the Master of the Lotus Blade, Master of Tai-Shing-Pec-Whar and beloved of Kim Possible may be hunting THEM.

That was a plot twist I did not see coming! Bravo!
Shrike176 chapter 12 . 6/9/2009
Interesting conversation. While Kim made a good summary of events, it seems like she's missed the point. Given the run of events she's been through, either the villains are running into her for some particular reason, or they simply refuse to acknowledge she's retired. Either way, the whole living like regular people thing isn't going to work until this is resolved. If anything, Kim's attempt to separate herself from the things going on will probably make things worse for her. At least that's how it looks to me.

While Kim clearly doesn't want to admit it, this would be a good time to call in a few favors to either smooth things over with her boss or get leave to take an extended vacation until GJ can give them some answers. I have to admit I don't get Kim's logic in her unwillingness to use her favors to help her career in this way. It's one thing to refuse special treatment because of a last name or family money or a friendship with "the right people", but she earned her favors doing GJ's job for them, free of charge. Cashing in on the work she did is hardly the same thing.

Great chapter, look forward to seeing Kim's face when the next bad guy shows up!
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 12 . 6/9/2009
*whistles*

Whoa...now THAT was a revelation and a bombshell all wrapped up in one mighty interesting package! Though honestly? It makes too much sense really that Dr. Director and Global Justice would have been keeping a close eye out on Ron and Kim for so long, relating to their ability to pull stuff off that no one else seemingly could do. And the question of why there was finally a fatality during a Team Possible vs. super-villian fight that wasn't intentional for the defence of Earth does raise an interesting quandary: did Ron WANT Yapsby dead...or is his mojo failing from something like lack of use?

On a related note...I also started to get the impression that Dr. Director is WAY more in the know re: Monkey Fist, Shego and Yapsby's presences in Southeast Asia, and it relates to Team Possible. Something like luring them back into the game - frustration or jealousy on Betty's part that Kim and Ron can put down their swords for the metaphorical plowshares? - or getting Ron under her aegis and knowing Kim wouldn't allow ANYONE to experiment on Ron...
MrDrP chapter 12 . 6/9/2009
I hope you can deal with the tedium of reading yet another review in which I laud your writing style and narrative abilities. It takes great skill to make a scene in which three people are sitting and talking exciting - you, sir, have that skill.

You built tension, developed the plot, and, most notably, in just a few short paragraphs, turned Betty Director into a three-dimensional character. Your portrayal of her as committed to her mission, a capable bureaucratic creature (that little speech she delivered to Kim and Ron sounded like something that had been deployed at many Congressional hearings), and, yes, fallible (what was she thinking laying that particular issue on Ron in that way at this time) rang true.

Nicely done.
JCS1966 chapter 12 . 6/9/2009
I have a bad feeling about leaving the case to Betty;

global Justice, despite all the changes, may be heading for a fall...

Betty did a good job on pointing out what was bothering Kim, but her focus on Ron was surprising, to say the least. Not sure if anything else could've been done, but I see a difficult discussion ahead.

Very intense stuff, RH. Keep it up!
King in Yellow chapter 12 . 6/9/2009
Not a lot of 'action' per se, but I think there was a tremendous amount of plot development in the chapter. Plot is good.

Loved the opening security scene... Was I supposed to be thinking of the security check in Monsters vs. Aliens as I read that? If so you showed good taste by having the handprint, face, and retinal scan being sufficient.

KiY
Mr. Wizard chapter 12 . 6/9/2009
Another great chapter, all the more impressive for where it takes place. Nice blend of humor and tension.
CajunBear73 chapter 12 . 6/8/2009
A pretty grim conversation of the present, past and future of Kim and Ron in their current lives.

Betty fenced pretty well about some of what was bothering Kim, but that last bit really opened up a can of worms with Ron here. Though she was right about his part in not preventing Yapsby's death, there may not have been anyway to pull this off with all the witnesses present at the incident.

But there's going to be a tangent to take in this discussion when Kim and Ron get off by themselves again.

CB73
Katsumara chapter 12 . 6/8/2009
Oh my. I'll admit that the ending bit of the conversation had me rather dumbfounded. I guess Dr. Director never let go of her whole "Ron Factor" or anything? It's evident here. The fact that she's coming down on him, trying to make him think it was all his fault? Is there some ulterior motive here, or does she honestly believe that?

As far as what could happen in the next chapter, I'm sure there will be a conversation between Kim and Ron about the situation they just faced with Dr. Director. Kim was already feeling horrible about how she may have been able to stop it, but imagine how Ron feels.. having Dr. Director seemingly placing the blame on him for Yapsby not being rescued? Maybe Kim can put his mind at ease and assure him that it's not his fault. I hope so.

Can't wait for your next chapter, RH. You do great work.
narusakufan1985 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
This is a good story. Please continue. Kim and Ron forever.
Michael Howard chapter 11 . 6/1/2009
Good to see this story FINALLY get updated. Ron was his usual goofy and yet supportive self and it was very Kim-like to have her be ambivalent about delegating this potential mission.

Hope the wait for the next chapter is a lot shorter than for this one.
noncynic chapter 11 . 5/31/2009
Nice chapter. Very Kim-like decision made. And the ending was certainly 'in character'
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 11 . 5/31/2009
Hmm...guess Global Justice doesn't believe in the SHIELD method of things (aka limo turns into hover-jet and flys to a Helibase or something), huh?

;)

This chappie was too short by half, RonHeartbreaker, but I have definitely been jonesing for another chapter of this wonderful tale...and you delivered! Between the Ron-focused humour of the scenes and the rather obvious subplot of Team Possible being made to evaluate JUST how badly they're willing to step aside when it comes to supervillian shenanigans after years of whooping evildoer bootay really starting to cook, I was definitely love it large here :D
161 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »