Reviews for Diplomacy In Action
Michael Howard chapter 2 . 10/3/2008
I like your portrayal of Ron a lot, and the fact that you didn't make him rich and successful, as is usually the case in future fics, was a welcome change here. Very interested to see where you take this story.
Michael Howard chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Interesting take on a future, but still quite recognizable, Kim Possible. The mature, dare I say realistic, tone of this intro is very intriguing.
Jonshine chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
Really liking this one. It's a simple premise (albeit one I wouldn't have considered) that you've turned into a great story, which somehow blends realism, Kim Possible fantasy and fanfiction into a smooth whole. I particularly like the way the Yabsley thing is handled, and the feeling of seriousness it gives the story without being overdone.

Jon
Sir Sebastian chapter 10 . 8/7/2008
This was my favorite chapter yet. I don't think I've ever read K&R discussing the serious side and the consequences of their missions in this way before. And the conversation - it was so immediate, so random, it felt real.

Great job!
RobinofYJ chapter 10 . 8/7/2008
Great characterization. Honestly, I prefer these chapters over action. That was so the drama!
Danny-171984 chapter 10 . 8/5/2008
Life and death always goes together, and no one knows when one will start or when is going to end. I guess Kim will take it the worst. Ron might be more stable in this situation. And also, I always knew that Ron ACTUALLY kill those aliens. When it actually happen on the show I was like 'now way!' I was also asking myself if somebody else notice that two living things (aliens) DID actually die on a tv show. Most people do disregard events like this...Well, until next time.

Danny
MrDrP chapter 10 . 8/5/2008
You continue to do an excellent job of portraying an older Kim and Ron. Both have matured, yet both remain the characters we know and love. This was a very dramatic, and, in terms of character development, important, chapter. I thought the scene with which you ended it was quite moving.

I did feel that this installment might have benefited from a little more polishing. That's largely because the content was so good that it deserved perfect presentation.

Looking forward to your next update.
Katsumara chapter 10 . 8/5/2008
Fantastic chapter. I don't know if I can say what hasn't been said already, but the way the emotions poured here from both Kim AND ron was great. It's amazing how well you continuously peg Kim and Ron's attitude and reaction to things. From the big speech by Ron, to the big speech by Kim; I loved it. This story is great. Now maybe they can start to move on past this current sitch since everything is out in the open. It's not often that Kim would admit how terrified she is, but here, it was great.

Good stuff, RH! Keep up the great work.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 10 . 8/5/2008
Really think you are totally dialed in to both Ron and Kim's inner selves with this, RH...Ron's speech to Kim about how he deals with having taken two lives - even extraterrestrial ones - and gone on so many mission where all kinds of crazy stuff goes down without back out in the name of sanity? Pure genius :D
screaming phoenix chapter 10 . 8/4/2008
Facing your or someone you love’s mortality is always a painful and troubling experience. Despite all the love and caring in the world you must ultimately face it alone.

She has Ron by her side and the love of a family totally behind her I suspect she will learn to cope with it all.

That was a nice touch with the conversation between Kim and Ron here. To see how he views the world totally focused on Kim and her welfare is not surprising at all. He has done it his entire life why stop now? To see Kim’s reaction to it was heart warming. A goofy sidekick turned husband and lover is hard to find. Her falling asleep in Ron’s arms; priceless.
Drakonis Aurous chapter 10 . 8/4/2008
Magnificent chapter! Great dramatic interlude (Wait, isn't that sort of oxymoron? Well regardless that's what this is.) The interaction between the two in the hotel room was very well done. You've managed to portray a serious event and its lasting affects on Kim very well yet haven't lost Kim and Ron's essentially characters - masterfully done!

So Kim's still in shock and a trip to Honk Kong isn't really helping. But Ron's there, helping her talk it out. Nice touch having Ron talk about Warhawk and Warmonga. You really get inside Ron's mind during this conversation - most excellent.

So both of them still have issues but Ron's dealing it very well. Kim, on the other hand, still isn't - she's feeling a little better but still needs time to deal. But doubt is starting creep in.

Most eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

- Drakonis Aurous
Yankee Bard chapter 8 . 8/4/2008
Shame about poor Chester, but it had to happen eventually. I think you have captured Kim's reaction well with Ron as always trying to support her.

It is a shame about the spiders though. If only they could have been turned from their evil ways. The mosquitos in that part of Vietnam are HUGE.
Kwebs chapter 10 . 8/4/2008
Great chapter, Kim really is shaken up. Ron is again doing what he does best take care of Kim. I look forward to your next chapter. Keep it up RHB!
CajunBear73 chapter 10 . 8/4/2008
So many emotions, so many questions, so many unknowns starting to come out of Kim Possible from that last sitch with Yapsby.

Her review of what she questions about her husband may help her start to heal. The enigma that is her life long best friend/husband/lover/partner has started her on the path to recovering the sanity she fears she is losing.

Quite the recitation she went through as she searched for common ground with Ron, who had taken lives, and her watching someone lose their life while acting as the member of Team Possible of old. She has been paying attention to Ron and has differentiated between the 'standard Ron' and what is beneath the facade that has been what others have seen. He's deeper than he's been given credit for, and she fully acknowledges it.

Her fears, kept so deeply inside of her, of all that could happen in a sitch now are in the open and she's so terrified of what she can lose.

Now they begin their trek down the rocky road of their healing.

CB73
King in Yellow chapter 10 . 8/4/2008
Wonderful job of showing the Kim's introspection. You convey her emotional state very well.

Loved the little throw-aways about Ron's solo adventures. The Alpha-Mailman in particular sounded like a lot of fun. You've matured Ron very well in this story.

KiY