Reviews for Diplomacy In Action
Sir Sebastian chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
Ugh. Poor Yapsby.

Seeing how Team Possible just got its first taste of true carnage, I'm thinking they're in for a rough time.

Nicely done. Though, to amplify the effect, you could have been a little more descriptive of Yapsby's demise. Anyway, good chapter. See - I haven't stopped reading. I've just been distracted.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 9 . 7/26/2008
Well, Mr. Barkin has given his 2 bits about just how freaking lucky nobody's died on Team Possible's watch during their past mission...I just hope Dr. Director can pass along hers as well, since I imagine she's had to cope with THAT 800 lb. gorilla for a while, being GJ's honcho (and probable super-agent previously).

Fantastic work here, RH! Please give us some more...and soon! Please?

BEB
screaming phoenix chapter 9 . 7/26/2008
OK I seem to have come upon this tale and the author late. Sorry I haven’t read any of your works before, but if this is an example of your storytelling skill I will correct that soon.

A nice tale you have going on here. Just enough mix of old foes from the Team Possible days to make it interesting; and new headaches to keep things moving along. Kim and Ron married, about time I should think.

Already Monkey Fist with the wanting of the idols, what’s his damage anyway? And why did he think Kim and Ron had them? Drakken and Shego didn’t go straight after “Gradation” after all huh? Well they make better bad guys anyway. And old Chester got a surprise didn’t he? I guess he didn’t learn as much from his mistakes as he thought.

The reactions you gave Kim and Ron after Yapsby’s death was well done. That would be anyone’s reaction to seeing a death like that. Even heroes get weak stomachs with that sitch.

The descriptions you give about the surrounding lands and the vacation spot were especially vivid. Either you have been there or you know someone who has. A nice touch, it made me feel I was along for the ride.

Count me as a loyal reader to this tale. I await more.
CajunBear73 chapter 9 . 7/26/2008
Kim's really taking Yapsby's death pretty hard, and on top of the continuous pressure she gets from the systemic inbred galaxy that is State, she's a bit lost here. Direct control of her life curbed by her job, and something that could have happened to her or Ron in their adventures struck her heart so very hard here.

Glad some of the bureaucracy of international treaties and charters stepped to give Kim a little time to decompress. Betty, supportive as usual, but Kim's big boss really surprised her with a little insider banter of the job and the worth of personnel in the purview of the US government.

As usual, Ron has his wife's back and will continue to come through for her. He nailed Barkin down with that promise to support her from D.C., and showed the Congressman that there is more than air beneath the hair despite previous encounters. The 'debriefing' in Hong Kong may be too brief for Kim, but its a start. Ron will be her port of comfort in this upcoming storm.

Still not too sure what Drakken wants with a microfiche taken from that office, but we're about to find out, huh?

Glad to see ya back.

CB73
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 9 . 7/26/2008
RHB,

Welcome back to this little gem. While I have missed its presence over these months, I fully understand the twin inspiration killers named 'Real Life' and 'Writer's Block'.

It looks like KP and Ron both have to deal with some issues when the debrief 'hits the fan' (Kim more than Ron, with her 'guilt factor' off the scale). Barkin's words seemed to help some, as did the ambassador. I guess it is up to the next chapter to find out if they really worked.

However, Ron seemed to add another more depth to his character here than in past chapters This is especially true with his serious comments to Mr. B and effortlessly shifting gears back to 'goofy sidekick' at the drop of a hat. Definitely a bit more complexity than he projects to the world.

When Drakken said his plan is going to be 'da bomb', I started to think he may literal in his description. It may really be 'da bomb'...as in thermonuclear warhead. It has been widely reported that those things could fit in a briefcase these days, you know.

This next chapter should really be interesting, with the de-briefing, the aftermath once Kim returns to her State Department job, and more of Little Boy Blue's plan being revealed. I patiently await its arrival.

Your friend in writing,

The Samurai Crunchbird
The Enduring Man-Child chapter 8 . 1/20/2008
Wow! This is another saga I'm trying to keep up with and I continue to enjoy it very much. Please don't wait so long about the next update!

I must say, however, as a long-time unapologetic spider-lover (they're ADORABLE!) that this chapter was not easy to read. What a tragedy!
Danny-171984 chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
Well, Yapsby deserve such an ending. Sucks that he was kill, but he ask for it. I'm glad that Kim is fine, and Ron was really courageous. He's starting to think when his on missions, thats good. All those years did him good. Well, until next time. Keep on writing.

Danny
Ran Hakubi chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
Wow...sucks about Yapsby. What a way to go, done in by his own creation. Such is the punishment when you trifle in God's domain.

Keep on writing in the free world.
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
RHB,

Welcome back! I missed this one for quite a while.

Only one word can describe the spider carnage placed before us-Wronsigorch (Wrong, sick, AND gorchy)! Even *I* nearly had *my* last two meals come back for a return visit, just by reading this scene!

**That was NOT meant to be an insult!** Vivid details are crucial to good story-telling...and you did your job quite well here.

I guess the 15 percent the gecko saved them on car insurance is offset by the claims that now must be filed on these Suburbans.

Don't be such a stranger, RHB. I look forward to the next exciting chapter.

Your friend in writing,

The Samurai Crunchbird
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
Day-um...that's just the epitome of "500 miles of bad road" and I about anyone could disagree. Kinda funny though...the one baddie who learnt from his failures in the past and had a wacky but usable plan gets offed in the end when whackjobs like Drakken or Dementor survive their failed plots time and time again;)
Balrog60 chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
I'm definitely enjoying your story. Kim and Ron surely do bring a bit of action to diplomacy.

Loved the giant spiders. Too bad for old Yapsby. I guess you could bring him back if the bite didn't hit anything too vital, and the venom was only paralytic, but still, having giant mandibles rammed through your chest is always going to be pretty hard on the subject, so I'll guess we'll just have to see where you'll take this. You could pull a Shelob/Frodo on us.

The giant gecko was fun. I love the little guys to the point where my nickname down in Panama is 'El Gecko'. But that is neither here nor there. The real question is ... what do you do with a 727-sized (I'm guessing Tokay Gecko, which are highly carnivorous) lizard when it runs out of giant spider snacks? The big guy is going to clear out the local village in pretty short order unless they bring up a tank or some other heavy weaponry. Anyway, I'll leave that up to our intrepid duo, once the shock of the initial attack wears off.

Great story. Keep up the good work and send us more ASAP.

Balrog60 out.
Dr.Beard chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
Nice work.

Specificly, kudos on your handling of Kim and Mister Barkin in this chapter. It's easy to have Barkin be a big, blustering coward, which is ultimately a disservice to his character even if it's done in the show for a gag once in a while, and even easier to have the rarity of Kim getting freaked out turn from, "Ron needs to pull his weight." and into "Ron takes the spotlight."; not that Ron doesn't deserve some spotlight time, but it's nice to see both active members of Team Possible being competant and overcoming their weaknesses.

In other words, instead of being a great "Kim" chapter, great "Ron" chapter, or even a great "Rufus" chapter, it was a great "Teamwork" chapter, which is something much rarer to see and harder to do.
CajunBear73 chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
Chester may have been a scientist, but he should have done his homework on spiders. He may have realized what he should have been paying attention to with their behavior...

As for Kim and Ron...first time they came across death in their travels, especially one as gruesome as Yapsby's. But for now they have to regroup and check on their entourage before taking care of themselves.

A little time for themselves is called for shortly, I hope. But you never know with someone like Kim's boss.

CB73
Drakonis Aurous chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
Excellent chapter and definitely worth the wait. So Another foe shows his face and its a blast from the past (a la "Roachie"). This time it's Ron and Rufus to the rescue as Kim still has issues with big bugs - well spiders. The Ron's distraction worked out so well (Nice nod to Clean Slate) and then Barkin gets in on the action. Good thinking Mr. B! Kim despite her fears manages to get in a shot.

Then there's the ending. Whoa...

Very nicely done. Definitely awaiting the next chapter.

- Drakonis Aurous
MrDrP chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
A very apt chapter title, given what happens in this installment of DiA.

I was impressed by how ably you blended the humorous and the horrific, keeping the story very much KPesque, yet taking it to a more adult place. Nicely done.

Looking forward to the next chapter - even if I disagree with you about Kim's last name after she marries Ron!
161 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »