Reviews for Voices
Jayiin Mistaya chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
'tis one of those days when a man just needs to sit and read fanfic, so I started perusing Firefly - and found your name on quite a few. I started at what I think is the beginning.

Well, written - good characterization and most excellent dialogue. You got the Firefly syntax spot on, but I have to wonder at how fast things happened between River and Mal; didn't seem believable.

None the less, I enjoyed it.
Morgan chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Love this! Wonderfully well-written, the characters were perfect. I can't wait to read the rest of your stories now! :)
Moxie-Proxie chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Wow... that's all I can think of right now. That was excellent. Beautiful. Smooth. Eloquent. There's so many lines I just want to quote that I just loved.

"or more likely, he suspected, forged into her backbone like pure steel." - Amazing. The best description of Zoe dealing with her grief that I think I've ever read.

"Instead, he only felt pity and a sort of quiet desperation for them both." Honestly being both a River\Mal fan an a Inara\Mal fan, I was struck by the line. But your description of how Mal and Inara came together - and subsequently dissolved is really, really well done. I can't see them being long-term, even if Inara quit being a Companion I just fully agree that they're based on conflict.

"Sometimes you’re very loud.” - That just made me giggle. :)

“Don’t shush me, little girl.” - Lol, I love sleepy, cranky scared Mal.

"Mal was suddenly alarmed by how his body was reacting to her nearness." "gathering the blanket over his suddenly treacherous lap." "Mal was acutely aware of the floaty little nightdress she was wearing." - Oh poor poor Mal. Can I hug him? Wait he'd probably prefer River...

“I need to touch you, taste you, know you with my body like my mind knows your mind. Need to be inside you, and you inside me, joined, two broken vessels becoming one whole, perfect thing of beauty. Need to be the river running to your sea." - This just gave me chills. Beautiful, I love the idea of this passionate, poetic side of River. Wonderful. Thanks so much for recommending this to me! Hope my review wasn't too crazy long. :D
Flyzonked chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
This is the first ever Firefly fic I've ever read...and boy did I choose good for my first! This was really well written and sweet x
meepscrawler chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
Okay, I've read all twelve fics you've got up so far, and I LOVE EM ALL (well, cept for hte last one, but we'll get to that later, 'cuz it's Mal/INara). I'm just now getting around to reviewing though, so sorry that I waited so long.

This is a lovely beginning to- in my opinion- the best Mal/River series. And these stories do not get enough reviews, but I've recently figured out that you're also posting them somewhere else (LJ, I think), so that might explain it.

So, kudos on the great start!
LNS chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
LOVE ME SOME MAL/RIVER ACTION. GOOD JOB!
21 | « Prev Page 1 2