Reviews for Ashes, Ashes
Merr2 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Beautiful and painful in a way I can't even begin to describe. Thank you for this.
scribblemyname chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
I hate that it's so hard for them, but I don't think anyone has summed up the pain and hurting and love of their relationship so well in so few words. I'm crying for them because they need each other and they can't stop hurting each other.
allyg1990 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
I loved this. You captured the essence perfectly, and I particularly loved the 'warm blanket with pins/tea with cyanide' analogies. :)
JustJulyy chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
I've been reading you work all day. I don't usually say this in reviews but you are frickn' awesome. Don't go away for another five months
rocaw chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
I think everyone here has already said everything I wanted to, but I just had to tell you I really enjoyed this piece. It's dark and painfully honest, but still lovely...it's Romy, after all. )
Roguechere chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Well Lithium, I am a big fan of yours. Always have been, always will be. You're actually one of 3 authors I bother to put on my author alerts list because I am always interested in what you have to write. This story was of course, no different.

The writing was fantastic as always. The incorporation of a childhood song used in a game was very fitting for the Rogue?remy relationship. As well as "lather, rinse, repeat".

Now, with that being said, it is one of if not the only time that I did not necessarily like your take on their relationship. It is not healthy in a lot of ways, I would be crazy to deny that, but I don't think their apologies are anything but completely genuine. The hurt each other because thy don't know what the hell else to do with their emotions. Lashing out is something they're both naturally good at. I think it is why Rogue and Remy work because at the end of the day they are that sure of their love and while they don't like it, they have to accept that heated words are going to be said.

*sigh* Listen to me, arguing about a fictional couple. But, what else is that little review button for? Praise and a little debate.
Lucia de'Medici chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Oh, this leaves me feeling so warm and fuzzy! ::blows raspberry:: It's a shame that the wank on the boards blew up so recently about these two, it's even more of a shame that people just don't get it. It's not a healthy relationship at all, and your comment on the words being a bandage with a wound festering beneath sums it up perfectly. ::snuggles your characters:: Let us hope that Marvel never makes them tear it off. The beauty's in the tragedy of their own flaws. Well done.

-L.
iamdaemon chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
Wow. Really nice drabble. I liked how you brought out their codependence. The images like the blanket with pins and needles and the tea & cyanide really drove the point home.
BJ2 chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
I really loved this and that's hard to admit because I can't bear to watch them slowly kill each other in the comics anymore. It hurts to watch her break his heart. It hurts to watch him keep going back for more. There was a time I thought they were made for each other. Maybe they were. Maybe they still are. Maybe what they have, however dark and painful, really is all they need.

As sad as that is there's still a part of me that hopes they make it.
ishandahalf chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
well, hey there! pleased to see something new from you. it's not "i get by", but it'll do... lol. nah, just kidding. ;) anything from you puts a smile on my face. even though this really isn't a smiley story... but anyhoo.

so! job well done, as always. you managed to capture the volatile nature of this relationship rather succinctly. oh, rogue and remy sure put the 'fun' in dysfunctional, don't they? they really do have a vicious cycle. honestly, it makes me wonder a bit about the heartbreak they put themselves through - and in turn, the heartbreak i put MYSELF through by reading that sort of uber angst. i suppose we're all just masochists...

oh, loved the "I love you, I loathe you. Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary." lines. and the interspersal of 'ring around the rosey'? great touch, especially considering the rather morbid associations that song brings. did you know it's about the plague? oh, i HEART the plague, i really do. ...man, that sounds like a weird thing to say - but hey, i'm an anthro student. huzzah for infectious diseases. ;) so yes, gold stars for you for plague associations.

the point is, this was great. a very short little relationship study, but i think you really hit the nail on the head. can't wait for more from you... and here's hoping you'll get crackin' on 'i get by', hint hint. :D