Reviews for On the Ragged Edge
charmony chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I'm loving these early interactions between Mal and River, and Simon and Kaylee. I also love how true to form you've written Jayne and Zoe. Well done!
Dherea chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Like how Simon & Mal came to an understanding. Great scene at the end with the whole crew. Zoo's response was great!
lje100smith chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
This one doesn't feel quite as rushed, probably because the last one crammed in all the background information along with Mal and River actually getting together. This one is divided into separate scenes of one day, which feels a lot more natural. I liked Zoe's little punchline at the very end in response to Jayne's not-so-subtle suggestion. I'd also like to add that I've noticed this seems to be the only time in your series that River has a mental breakdown.

However, you did portray Simon as I would have expected him to behave. Having Kaylee there to tone him down definitely helped Mal when the two of them talked in the infirmary.
Alexander Derpington chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Excellent all around. I can't wait to see how things progress.
Dirt Rider 712 chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Interesting! Will we ever find out what gave it away to Zoe and Jayne?

Dirt Rider
azarathangel chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
it's so cool going back to read all these stories because i'm so familiar with your writing style. especially since i just read a few other fics.. it just doesn't compare. love the interaction between simon and mal, tis perfect and just how i think they might sort this out, minus a punch or two. but hey, 3 and heif months after bdm, they're probably past that whole "son of a whore ramble in chinese now i punch you" stage. -ash
librarywitch chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
I am hatin the fact that I got to get some sleep soon. I want to read all of the good Serenity fic you have written. You are awesome. Thanks so much for all the hard work.
The Puppeteer chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Hey...another great addition. So the images that River was dealing with were from the secret her and Mal were keeping from the crew? Good thing they got that squared away...I love "need lover not brother"...favorite line ever.

Going on to the next fic.
Jayiin Mistaya chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Now that has to be one of the most realistic - and best handled conversations between Simon and Mal regarding river.

And again - wonderful work with the dialogue.
Morgan chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Oh, I love this one as well! You write the characters beautifully, and I love the tenderness between Mal and River.
meepscrawler chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
For this story I'll just comment on Simon's reaction, which is jsut what I'd always thought it would be. Tense, agnry, trying to find some excuse to blame Mal for something or other- then Kaylee comes along and talks some sense into him. Lovely.

Also, Zoe and Jayne were hilarious at the end. The thought that they'd been betting on Mal and River is to funny!
sweetnightmare chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Dude this is my favourite of your fics (and I really enjoyed them all!), where Mal feels the Dread pooling in his stomach was probably one of the most imagerific evocative lines I've ever read. Simple but powerful. No messing.

I like that.