Reviews for Drifting
alynawatlovers chapter 3 . 5/15/2013
Hmmm... so Snape likes Tonks? She would rather reminded him of Lily, I suppose... So good! :D
yay chapter 3 . 7/27/2012
I really like this. The characters seem real.
RhodaBush chapter 3 . 2/4/2012
hello... I hope that you will continue this story. I enjoy the character development of Snape/Tonks
sapphiretwin369 chapter 3 . 7/3/2009
Wonderful story! I love the friendship you wrote between Snape and Tonks. And I love getting to see Lupin's mom too. And the rabbits. :) Nice job!
rigal chapter 3 . 4/16/2009
Wow I've finished reading the Rookie and this one and I just wanted to thank you for writings, I'm leaving fanfiction, but I wanted to read some R/T before I cut myself of, ánd your story is so in line with canon, I can just see this happening, I'm going to take this as my canon for this particular ship, I had just started to read about them 2 days ago, but after reading this, I like to think this is what JKR thought was happening beyond Harry's pov.

Just wanted to tell you how great both of your stories have, and I totally agree with you they had to have met in 4 year, otherwise it would be hard for Tonks to be so in love with Remus as to stick with him after how he treats her in 6 year.

Great story!
070 chapter 3 . 8/18/2007
I love your Snape. xD He's just so much more human in this fic. And I've read "The Rookie" which I thought was absolutely, positively brilliant, so naturally I had to read this one as well. And it was wonderful, really, it's such a nice read. :D
Flagella chapter 2 . 7/26/2007
The girly romantic inside of me is just loving this.

And Remus with rabbits is hilarious!
Flagella chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Ah! Okay, so this is really good so far.

I was a little iffy about the present tense, but after a few paragraphs it feels completely natural. Not many write fanfic of length in present tense, so good on you for doing something different (and it works surprisingly well).

It's a little odd to see Snape almost friendly instead of his usual self, but I suppose that since we only ever see Snape through Harry's eyes it's hard to get a proper, unbiased picture of him.

Anyway, the writing is excellent, the characterization good, and now it's on to the second chapter for me!
RAWR218 chapter 3 . 7/20/2007
amazing!

love lupin/tonks!

continue!
brick-red-wall chapter 3 . 7/7/2007
I love these stories. I can't wait to read the next one. The perspective you put in and the depth of the characters' personalities is wonderful! Great story! ] b
Fantaghiro chapter 3 . 6/21/2007
Again, you wrote a beautiful story.

I like your take on Tonks and Remus. It is also nice to see a fic, where Sirius for once isn't put into the role of Tonks's over-protective big brother.

Althoug the Tonks/Snape relationship is interesting, I just can't see that he would really care about her, not even as a friend.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the sequel.
PoppedTheP chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Oh, and another thing I forgot to say in my review was that I liked how you didn't force a close relationship on Sirius and Tonks just because they're related. I highly suspected that they'd ony recently met (in fact, I'm sure there is info in the books that indicates something like that?) and so a pleasant friendship is the most I always imagined they would have formed especially since in the books Tonks is always written as being with Lupin, and Sirius is recovering from a long stint of solitary confinement and mental torture. And yet most people have her forming deep bonds of either familial or friendship love. So yeah, nice realistic consideration. But they still had lovely interactions, as I mentioned in my previous review.
PoppedTheP chapter 3 . 6/7/2007
I love this. The characterisations for everyone are spot on, and I love how Tonks is characterised through her interactions with others. The Tonks/Snape relationship is wonderful, and especially cute in the first chapter. I love the dynamic between them, particularly because it exists in a way that doesn't threaten Remus/Tonks. I've never seen a Tonks/Snape friendship before, but you make me love it and make it believable. I'm increasingly fond of Snape. When it seemed he had been crestfallen after perhaps thinking from his point of view he was building up some kind of flirting rapport with Tonks, I felt so bad for him. The backstory on Remus is also great, and fits perfectly with canon whilst being nicely gritty and real. The bunnies almost pushed him OOC for me, but the rest of the story was so good I could go along with it. I liked Sirius as well - the contrast in the beauty of his deep strong care for his friend and the roughness of his being alien to social interaction when he took Tonks aside to question her intentions. And I like the pace with which you move through events and yet provide enough detail that the history seems completely fleshed out. The moment where Remus told Tonks he loved her was melty-delicious. And I like that Harry and Dumbledore aren't automatically heroes or assumed to be in the right. And you've somehow managed to make Tonks a wonderful, kind, dedicated, selfless person as evident in her interactions with others (pointed out to me in particular when Snape said about her altruism) whilst in the narrative from her point of view her actions don't seem saintly but necessary or the logical or instinctive decision she comes to.

I've read the previous piece on livejournal, and I'm very much hoping there'll be a sequel!
siruisblack18 chapter 3 . 5/9/2007
Oh I really liked this a lot, but please please post more soon!
Moonlitesadness chapter 3 . 5/9/2007
This was so good. It's probably one of the best Remus and Tonks stories I've read. And I've read a lot. Well keep up the good work and are you going to make a sequel? God Bless!