Reviews for And a Spy Makes Five
aelfwyne chapter 6 . 3/11/2013
I enjoyed Joe calling Ranger 'MaƱoso' , which means manipulative in spanish, rather than by his last name -Manoso . Great play on words . Ranger is rather manipulative when it comes to Steph but so is Joe.
Netchka3 chapter 15 . 8/4/2012
Always love Scarecrow and Mrs. King Fics.
Ree923 chapter 15 . 12/30/2009
This was very good - as a fan of both the Stephanie Plum novels and Scarecrow and Mrs. King, this was a good blending of characters. For anyone to complain that the ending had "someone named Stephanie from some book" is ridiculous - this was a CROSSOVER STORY and the epilogue had all of the main players in it. People need to chill and just enjoy the ride.
Lyndasews chapter 15 . 6/8/2007
Well I just finished your story tonight and I really enjoyed it. I have to agree that Lee would be more concerned for Amanda than the car. I think we forget that he has changed and Amanda is a big part of that. I enjoyed the Plum characters and loved that you had Ranger and Lee knowing each other and you left a lot open for a sequel which I would love to see. I really enjoyed the look into Ranger's mind at the end. I thought it was very touching. Thanks a lot guys and I am looking forward to reading your next one.
Sarai chapter 15 . 5/28/2007
I like story, I'll have to check out those books.
The Yank and The Brit chapter 14 . 5/10/2007
Thanks, Debbie for the feedback and although it did mean Lee missed out on a father-son bonding with Phillip, we gave Lee the Porsche as kind of a tribute to the first Porsche. (As much as we loved the 'Vette, there's just something about a Porsche...). Also we didn't think of it as a gratuity, more as a gift from one friend to another. As for Lee getting upset, we believe he would have been more concerned for Amanda's safety and mental well-being, rather than the loss of his car. Remember, he had a whole car ride over to think the worst about what might have happened to his wife. He would grieve for the 'Vette later (because we do agree that he would be upset about it, maybe not as upset as some of our fellow SMK fans, and friends, who, in a very nice way, swore vengeance on us for blowing it up, but he'd be upset).

Anyway, thanks again, and your info on working in security is good data for future works. Perhaps if we do write a sequel, Lee could get into a small bit of trouble for accepting the Porsche.

Thanks again,

Amy & Jan
Debbie5 chapter 15 . 5/9/2007
I finished the story! For the most part it was great! Just a few nitpiks:

1)Lee would have gotten upset over the blowing up of his Vette! Yes, he would be glad that Amanda and Francine weren't injured, but he'd have still been upset.

2)Amanda and Lee wouldn't not have taken the Porsche. They can't. Remember - they are federal agents and can't accept gratuity of any kind. I work in Security and I can't take any gratuity, neither can police officers. Federal agents which are like super cops can't take gratuity either. It may cause a compromise down the road. Big no no!

Plus, you missed out on a great follow up. You even mentioned it in the story where Lee remarks to Amanda that maybe he and Philip would go looking for a new car. You missed out on a great father-son outing!

3)I truly believe there was a reason Lee picked the Corvette over the Porsche when the Porsche went over the edge. I don't think he'd go back to a Porsche. Plus, I like to think of Lee as All - American, that means his car is All - American, not German!

Otherwise you guys wrote a good story.
BrittanyLS chapter 15 . 5/8/2007
This was a great story! you perfectly captured what made SMK great, and it totally worked!
SMK Twisted Sister chapter 14 . 5/6/2007
Gosh, I don't know how these things happen. I only hit the button once! But you know me - heck you've seen my multiple posts on yahoodle and I only hit the blue button once over there.

Maybe I need to jiggle the blue wire in my mouse?
SMK Twisted Sister chapter 15 . 5/5/2007
Amy & Jan!

1st of all I have to say, kewl story! Finding anything new & exciting in SMK fiction is a challenge but by taking the plum characters (who I know nothing about), you managed to come up with a something unique. By focusing on yet another of Francine's predicaments and blending in some new faces, you added something fresh and exciting to the land of spies and lies. And, although I know a lot of people don't care for poor Frannie, I think she's just as intriguing of a character as Lee and Amanda, a little like Lee in early SMK, a diamond in the rough who just needs some polishing.

Personally, I don't care how an author choses to end a story, that's their perogative, but I think and I'm assuming that you've left the door open for a sequel by the way you ended it? I'm hoping so. I'd like to be a guest at Lee and Amanda's wedding and see what mayhem develops. Life is too short and filled with more important things to worry about, as I've said before, but I am hoping for a sequel (Hint, hint!)

You plotted the events well, showed the story, rather than just telling it, and blended a bunch of characters quite nicely with humor and suspense. Not an easy task to do with so many faces, as others who write on this level will agree. But you did it well.

Lee's new sports car was a nice touch though.

And now that I've added the good, I'm going to go to the bad. Yes, I found some bad in here and it wouldn't be fair if I didn't include it in the review as well. Oh, stop right there, I can see the two of you cringing into the corner, LOL.

You two really do need to attend the Agency class on Personal Property and Effects Handling and Management. And, next time you write a story you have to promise me that you will not ding, dent, crash, collide, implode, explode, tarnish, carjack along the Beltway, rearend upon the Key Bridge, shoot out any windows, blow out any tires, utilize for Military Target Practice, adhere bombs to the undercarriage that do not get deactivated by cutting the blue wire, rip off any doors, or allow Philip to get under the hood of the Vette at any time to buzz up the fuel injectors!

Yeah, that's the Vette I'm talking about and so, just for me, will you promise not to lay a finger on it next time around (that is for stories where she still exists?)

Yes, you may allow Amanda to drive it - in my world she's an automatic and Manda can handle her just fine, thank you very much!

Whew, now I must inhale and see what other Twisted Mayhem I can concoct for the day!

Oh, wait - judges score - on a scale of 1 - 10 - artistics marks - I'll give you a 10, for technical difficulty - well I gotta deduct a point for blowing up the Vette - you get a 9 on that one.
SMK Twisted Sister chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Amy & Jan!

Lee's new sports car was a nice touch though.

stscourge chapter 15 . 5/5/2007
i agree with ragged, but perhaps the authors intend a sequel that will truely finish the story. they are talented writers and i look forward to reading their work in the future.
Mitana chapter 15 . 5/3/2007
Go, Amy and Jan! Another fantastic story. Gotta admit, I'd never heard of the Stephanie Plum novels until I read this, but now I want to read them, too. I didn't care about the end not mentioning any SMK characters. Instead, I was thinking that there were a few loose ends that might need to be tied up in a sequel, and I always look forward to a sequel!

Great job, again. Keep up the good work!
The Yank and The Brit chapter 15 . 5/2/2007
To Ragged, and others who feel that the very last scene should have had an SMK character(s):

In a lot of ways, you're right, since this was primarily an SMK story, and we did post it on the SMK story section (though we did mention it was a cross-over) and more to the point, it was a Francine story, the last scene probably should have been about Francine. However, we felt that we wrapped things up with her, in the first, larger section of the epilogue, since our muses weren't sure what might happen with Francine and Daniel at dinner, and it might have meant making the epilogue twice as long if they (our muses) had come up with something more. Therefore, we chose to end it the way we did leaving it hanging (with regards to Francine) so that perhaps our muses will be inspired to write a sequel, with Francine and Daniel. And we also felt that since we'd borrowed the Plum characters, it might be nice to wrap things up with them (after all they really didn't make an appearance till Ch.5). We hope you enjoyed the story as whole, despite the fact that the very last scene didn't have Lee, Amanda or Francine.

As always, thanks for the feedback.

- The Yank (Amy) and The Brit (Jan)
ragged chapter 15 . 5/2/2007
This story is listed under TV Shows: Scarecrow and Mrs. King. The last scene should have been about character from the show, Lee and Amanda, Francine and the FBI agent - not someone named Stephanie from some book.