Reviews for The Trophy
Lexi1010 chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
*shuddering. C-c-cool ssstory bro.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
leonardo stands there waitting for his brother raphael but he dident come noone came leonardo was suprised that no one came he did drugs and noone found out he went to the sewer a few days came by leonardo was laying on the floor having a hard time breathing pleas let me live im not ready yet i stil need time where are you guys pleas im diying leonardo said raphael,micky,donnie came and said leo we are home noone anwserd they got scared leo leo leo heres some pizza for you buddy pizza micky said omg raphael said no way donnie said LEONARDO WAKE UP PLEAS raphael yelled its not working raphael said ill get april she'll no what to do few minutes well guys i cant help ya i tried but im afrid NO rapheal inturup hes no dead he aint it cant be we have to do somthin a few past by karia came hello turtles karia no time for fights and stuff like that but leo donnie said what about leo he sick or somthin karia said well it looks like we have no choice but we have to burie him he aint breathin or nothin so WAIT LEO YOUR ALIVE dont scare me like that
morning sun chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
:O

Hm, his head above her door, eh? Seem likely, actually.

I enjoyed this as much as someone can enjoy one of the turtles dying, which is a disturbing statement because I enjoyed this very much.

A wonderful poem! I loved everything about this, as alarming as it seems. My brain is confused right now: “I liked it… but Leo died… huh?” :)

This was very well written and I was really impressed, one of my favorites. Great job!
Donny's Boy chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
I really have no business reviewing, as I'm a terrible poet myself but ... wow! The potential for awful here was high-Poe's poem is a very exacting template to use-but that just makes your brilliant success all the more wonderful. The rhyming was complex without feeling stiff, I felt. And I loved that it was from Karai's point of view, because it's very seldom that we get a peek inside her.

The theme also reminds me of another work of Poe's, "The Tell-Tale Heart." Was that something you had in mind when writing this? If so, just another great layer, adding even more richness.

I think the last stanza was my favorite.
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
Awesome homage to Poe. It fit perfectly with The Raven. You are truly a good writer.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
Winnychan chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Oh, man. I am speechless. I have no words for how completely wonderful this is. I've shoved it in front of the nose of like - at least five or six of my dear TMNT netfriends by the time of taking a moment to write this. Definitely goes in my faves. The imagery... the flawless TIMING! It's so very hard to write a poem that rhymes well, and never goes stiff or starts to feel forced at times to keep rhyming. This is the most well-crafted example of TMNT fan-poetry I've ever read, hands down. Gah.

Like most fans, I hate bad attempts at poetry and avoid fan poems in general because my expectations have been driven so low... but you, missy! You are the exception, and I eagerly await your next attempt if the poetry bug should ever bite you again!

XOXO

Winnychan
Storymaster Caith chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Color me impressed. An excellent mime of Poe's rhyme scheme and meter.
Nilie chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
O_0, Creepy... Forevermore. I'd be a complete hypocrit if I told you I knew enough about poetry to comment intelligently on this very nice piece. So, I'll just shut and stay in awe. :P This must have been though to write.
calliopechild chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
Oh. My. Gosh.

You are absolutely amazing.

This is one of the greatest things I've ever read, and, as a Poe fan, an absolutely WONDERFUL take on The Raven. The cadence was perfect, the wording was perfect, the rhyming was perfect, it was such a good read. And the storyline of the poem was great too. Excellent, excellent job. :D
MidnightHeir chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
-smiles happily- Leo and Karai a match made in their proverbial 'Heaven'. All I can say is that those two truly deserve each other, be it as friends, rivals or believable 'other'.

Hel
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
I'm not that familiar with Poe's writing (ducks as classic literature-lovers toss rotten tomatoes my way), but I am familiar with some parts of The Raven.

Brilliant job! Wow, the imagry and storyline was just flawless. Wonderful work, but then - it's really and honestly something I've come to expect from you. Anytime I see a story with your name attached, I know I'm in for a treat.

Thank you!

Be blessed,

Rene'
Dierdre chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
Let’s see now… A homage to one of my favorite poets? Check. Dark and deliciously gory? Check. Imbued with that particular Swallow style I love so well? Check.

*Looks over list* Hm… yep. You’ve done it again, chica! Pure perfection.
greshunkai chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
genius! sheer genius! how do you do it? the MSwocky one was glorious, this one is perfection! 'Raven' demands parody..

& you managed that. homage? exquisite horror.. greatly enjoyed..thank you.
Aurora Musis Amica chapter 1 . 4/20/2007