Reviews for The Way of the Ring
Aimme chapter 3 . 5/26/2007
Wow, my dear, you have done it again! Wonderful! I love these little poems! *hugs*
Pein Rikudou chapter 3 . 5/23/2007
Gah! Scary! But amazing, and chillingly true. I love how you have the whole forgiveness and redemption theme to end it somewhat happily. It makes me think of poor Gollum, who was kinda-sorta starting to trust and perhaps befriend Frodo, when Faramir ruined everything. x.x Still, I adore Fara.

Anyway, this is brilliant!

And I think I'm addicted to Lord of the Rings fanfiction...

~AN
Sonsasu the Gray Daiconi chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
Cool poem. You certainly got the description of the ring down. (_)
StarLight9 chapter 3 . 5/22/2007
Very good ending. I like the way you arrange the three states in levels - first comes obsession, then it grows into corruption, and then it grows into addiction, and each one is worse and stronger than the previous one, and at the end the ones who surrender see nothing but the Ring. And I really love it that there is hope even when the highest step is reached. Even if the road to addiction is walked until the end, there is still hope to turn back. Great work!

Hmm, talking about addictions, I'm afraid I'm addicted to fanfiction :) Lol.
Topaz chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Hi, Calenlass! Very good indeed.
RofS chapter 3 . 5/21/2007
Oh, this one was much better than the last! Brilliant! Nice ending, too. I thought it would be like darkness-of-no-return ending, but you had it all nice and forgiving.
Marchwriter chapter 3 . 5/21/2007
Dangerously and beautifully provacative.

~The Lady of Light~
Marchwriter chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Think of what is good,

What is pure,

Of your higher calling,

Of freedom.

Chillingly powerful. I also just watched a bunch of Montana's compagin against Meth too so that made this even more haunting. The Ring really is like a drug. Few people take this angle; they act as though the Ring is something you can fight. Once it latches onto you...

Wonderful writing and I don't often review poetry.

Well done,

~The Lady of Light~
Pein Rikudou chapter 2 . 5/19/2007
Oh... I got shivers reading this! *Very* nice!

Of course, that could be because I'm having a rather bad day, and the power of the Ring could be very useful on certain people(s) in my home. Muahaha.

Once again, a splendid piece of work!

~AN
Nieriel Raina chapter 2 . 5/19/2007
Very good Cal! You always capture characters thoughts and feelings well! You have a 10 on this one!

NiRi
RofS chapter 2 . 5/19/2007
The ending was very good, I loved the last three sections. The rest of it, however, didn't seem as connected and emotional as the first part. Still a good job, though!
StarLight9 chapter 2 . 5/19/2007
You have perfectly shown the real nature of the Ring: corruption. And you have shown that it can bring no power to the ones who surrender to it. Once again, very well written!
Aimme chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
A very interesting view. In my opinion it is very profound and thought provoking. Good job, mellon-nin!
RofS chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
You know, I should flame you just to discover how exactly you're going to dump it into Mt. Doom.

But I'm a good girl, so I won't. Plus your poem is a good one - and I feel as though it captures the meaning behind the ring, and why it is so powerful. Because it offers what men want most - power.

I read your profile - You read the Ranger's Apprentice? How come you never told me? That was cruel of you... Do you know if the third one is out yet? And what's HC?
Kalisona chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Yay! Another beautiful poem! I do believe that I adored this poem out of all of your poems. This was pure brilliance, mellon nin! . Especially the last stanza, and the last lines:

/For it offers no freedom,

But an eternal death./

Perfect. Perfect, perfect. Great job, Cal! .

~Kali